PDA

View Full Version : Advice Please

nova gsi ian
15-03-11, 06:07 PM
Help please guys.....first of i have a mk1 hatch 2 door which i have just bought, its a 1986 D, white club model, 46k, 2 owners and is well solid, paintwork is really good and the engine bay is spot on, I am not to sure about the yellow and grey interior but apparantly thats how the clubs came?, it also has a big griffin sticker in black on the bonnet corner/wing, its mot till nov and taxed till april, the guy who owned it has had it parked up since xmas, he had a car hit the passenger door at Tesco and has caved it in :cry: ,(Shame coz the door is solid no rust! ) passenger door is badly dented, i need to get the door off, whats the best way to go about this?? any tips??.. ...and secondly are mk2 doors different or will a mk2 door go on also?... any help tips anyone can give will be greatly appreciated:thumb:

michael squeak
15-03-11, 07:24 PM
were did you buy it from if you donbt mind me asking|

AdamK
15-03-11, 07:26 PM
Doors are the same never taken one off but heard they are tricky sure someone will be able to help!

nova gsi ian
15-03-11, 07:29 PM
were did you buy it from if you donbt mind me asking| bedfordshire bud

mowgli
15-03-11, 07:35 PM
you need one of these...a door pin removal tool

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS5NBS1riA7cd3OBHaLQqkvIvVB3Ej99 Oqcn4gO3OjBAiYA004v
laser tools do them, good motor factors sell them.

you will need to support the other end of the door with a jack, and possibly pump it a little extra to take out the sag that they can get. the sag can cause the pins to distort & make it really difficult.

nova gsi ian
15-03-11, 09:04 PM
you need one of these...a door pin removal tool

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS5NBS1riA7cd3OBHaLQqkvIvVB3Ej99 Oqcn4gO3OjBAiYA004v
laser tools do them, good motor factors sell them.

you will need to support the other end of the door with a jack, and possibly pump it a little extra to take out the sag that they can get. the sag can cause the pins to distort & make it really difficult.......cheers bud..:thumb:

nova gsi ian
15-03-11, 09:07 PM
So mk2 doors are the same as mk1's are they? .....as someone else has told me there different?...just want to be 100% before buying one!....

AdamK
15-03-11, 09:20 PM
yes they are the same

swedge
15-03-11, 11:10 PM
everytime ive tried to remove a door i cant get the pins out so i cut the door then cut the pins with a grinder (obviously not if im keeping the door)

then i fit nuts n bolts for new pins