PDA

View Full Version : Foot Pedals and more

hotdogs_r_us
16-06-03, 11:12 PM
I kno what gear knob i want.
But cant find a hand brrake to fit a nova - any one know where?
And cant decide which foot pedals to get ?
I Was thinking of :

1]
http://www.speeding.co.uk/acatalog/crtpedalsnew.JPG In Blue.

?12.99

2]
http://www.speeding.co.uk/acatalog/akpedal_pads.JPG

?13.99

3]
http://www.speeding.co.uk/acatalog/rxpedal_cros_slot.JPG

?12.99

So how do they fit? Do i have to Drill holes then bolt them in?

What wud u go for?
Cheers

dave.gsi
16-06-03, 11:15 PM
i'd go for the top ones in blue, normally drill holes in the pedals and then bolt them on but some (dangerous ones) clamp on. make sure they have rubber bits or there not legal

hotdogs_r_us
16-06-03, 11:19 PM
Yeh top 2 are bolt on they got holes for it.
What u mean by rubber?> :wink:

wisewood
17-06-03, 11:19 AM
rubbery pads on them for grip otherwise your foot slips off, particularly if its wet on the road and your shoes are slippery.

Ste_Nova
17-06-03, 11:23 AM
rubber only needed on brake

dave.gsi
17-06-03, 11:26 AM
clutch is handy handy too, don't want your foot slipping off in a queue of traffic :lol:

Jim
17-06-03, 11:43 AM
Be careful of the accelerator pedal catching on the arch when you try and push it all the way to the floor. I've fitted Aluminium pedals to my clutch and brake but not to accelerator (also I couldn't be bothered drilling through the accelerator pedal, whereas there are already holes/slots on the bracke and clutch pedal so its easier to fit them).

Jim

hotdogs_r_us
17-06-03, 07:44 PM
Thankyou for all uyr help peeps.
Just 2 check number 2 does have grips dont it? so i think i will go for them :)
Any other comments are welcome :wink:

techie
17-06-03, 07:59 PM
rubber only needed on brake

Only if fitted as standard.

All our Leon and Ibiza Cupra's have metal pedals as standard but with no rubber inserts but do have raised 'grippy bits'.

Chris LR
17-06-03, 08:20 PM
I was just going to add, only applys to cars from 1980ish onwards if fitted as standard, as Landys have all metal pedals.

Just a quick question..... why are you going to bother with all the hassle of fitting, buying and paying for something that doesn't increase performance and you won't be able to see? No Offence intended, but it just seems like a tacky waste of time.....

hotdogs_r_us
17-06-03, 08:26 PM
Just do like changing the gear knob just think it makes driving nicer. silly i kno :lol:

Nova-Boy
17-06-03, 09:22 PM
I have the top pedals but in RED. They are a pain in the ass to get the acelerator pedal on. And it is quite close to the brake pedal. If you put the acelerator pedal on first then you can measure the needed 50mm between where you put the brake and clutch. I did it the other way round and there wasn't enough space for a 50mm gap or i wouldn't be able to put the throtle right down.

As for handbrake cover I got mine of Ebay. Just a sleeve that fits over an has a grub screw to tighten it on. You will need a bit of electricians tape to wrap round the lever to pack it out to the size of the sleve.

hotdogs_r_us
17-06-03, 10:14 PM
I mean a btter hand brake.
not the gatiors.
Ok cheers
i think i will go for the top in blue and will stick acelerator pedal on 1st lol

Nova-Boy
17-06-03, 10:23 PM
I dont understand what you mean by hand brake. I wasn't on about the gaitor but the actual handle you grab hold of. I replaced the plastic one with an aluminium sleeve.

Mel
17-06-03, 10:36 PM
I have the top pedals but in RED. They are a pain in the ass to get the acelerator pedal on. And it is quite close to the brake pedal. If you put the acelerator pedal on first then you can measure the needed 50mm between where you put the brake and clutch. I did it the other way round and there wasn't enough space for a 50mm gap or i wouldn't be able to put the throtle right down.

i was gunna say the exact same thing...i had them in the fiesta. my dad has huge feet and couldnt use the pedals cause he kept catching his foot on the brake pedal when trying to change from accelerator.. i got on fine with um tho...

Nova-Boy
18-06-03, 05:49 PM
Its worse when you hit the acelerator when you mean to hit the brake!! :o I have got used to it now though.

Chris LR
19-06-03, 09:39 AM
I could drive my Nova wearing any shoes, but in the Saxo I have to wear trainers, and thats about it.... If theres one thing you want to keep standard....... it's control of your car....