Mazz
14-03-11, 06:00 PM
A LOT !

Roughly 50mm extra for the ET0

breadstraw
14-03-11, 06:01 PM
oh good lord
i didn't think it'd be that much :|
well it's time to pull the hell out of the arches then if i buy them :')
haha

bazil
14-03-11, 06:15 PM
Edds wheels stick out and they are only ET30 !

Jack
14-03-11, 06:19 PM
How wide are they?

Edd
14-03-11, 08:14 PM
F lol @ ET 0

I have ET 33 6J 14's and tbh I've given up hope of them making them fit :(

Gonna buy some Comp's lol

.....they probably would fit with a wide arch kit but may kill wheel bearings

novarally
15-03-11, 11:32 AM
Many, many years ago I had a wide-arched Nova (the rallycross style kit) in orange, running with white Racline RL-7's in ET0.

They filled the wide arches perfectly!

Forget about ET0 or ET20 if you haven't got wide arches.

breadstraw
15-03-11, 04:41 PM
they're 15's in an 8J width
and thankfully i've got a wide-arch kit on my nova
so judging by novarally's experience they should fit ok?
although i am tempted to buy a saloon, what issue (i'm presuming there will be some) will i have with fitting on that? haha

NathanSRi
15-03-11, 06:30 PM
I swear I read the mayhem's banded steelies were ET-1?
Obviously he's had to modify his arches but shows it's possible

Jack
15-03-11, 06:39 PM
although i am tempted to buy a saloon, what issue (i'm presuming there will be some) will i have with fitting on that? haha
The issue will be they won't fit lol

Lee
15-03-11, 07:09 PM
There was a saloon on ebay last year with a widearch kit. If its a 2 door, you will get them on with a bit of bodgery. Forget it on a moredoor.

Most people hated it, but I nearly bought it lol

Bubba
15-03-11, 07:36 PM
oh good lord
i didn't think it'd be that much :|
well it's time to pull the hell out of the arches then if i buy them :')
haha

you sir are epic...

buy them and then make them fit...thats how we like it ;)

Bubba
15-03-11, 07:37 PM
There was a saloon on ebay last year with a widearch kit. If its a 2 door, you will get them on with a bit of bodgery. Forget it on a moredoor.

Most people hated it, but I nearly bought it lol

im actually thinking about making my arches alot wider...

Jack
15-03-11, 08:23 PM
There's been a few widearch 2drs. They don't look right IMO as the boot looks even more stuck on than it does on a normal saloon, and the arches are the wrong shape.

Wide arches on a 4dr could work; I've seen 3dr arches fitted to one. Or you could fit ones like Octagonalpaul has

Bubba
15-03-11, 08:50 PM
]

Wide arches on a 4dr could work; I've seen 3dr arches fitted to one. Or you could fit ones like Octagonalpaul has[/FONT]

naaahhhh i have brand new GM wings so no 3dr tat. but as back doors will be welded up it opens up a whole load of possibilities

mayhem
20-03-11, 12:49 PM
I swear I read the mayhem's banded steelies were ET-1?
Obviously he's had to modify his arches but shows it's possible

there 7,5j et -1,8 lol

just flare the arches, and it's no problem lol

Connor
20-03-11, 01:56 PM
naaahhhh i have brand new GM wings so no 3dr tat. but as back doors will be welded up it opens up a whole load of possibilities

If your going to weld up the rear doors, why not get a (proper ;) ) 3dr shell if you intend on running wide wheels? lol :p

Paul
20-03-11, 09:31 PM
Give yourself an idea. Get a straight edge run in on the face of the drum put a tape measure on the SE. 4" off of that plus another 1" or so for rim and tyre that is where the will sit, roughly 5" off of the drum, and 5" back off of the face of the drum towards the inner arch.

loggyboy
21-03-11, 07:23 PM
Heres some maths for you.

If you compare the regularly fitted 15s that are 6inch wide, 49mm offset that most people can squeeze under normal or slilghtly trimmed arches (on 195 45s), you would be adding 2 inches to the width, meaning 1 inch (25mm) either side. So if you theortically retained the 49mm offset, youd not only be mashing arches, you would be catching inner arches and suspension. So you change the offset to 20, which would just clear the suspension and inner arches, but add 30mm to the outer face, so would be on top of the 25mm you added with the extra width so 55mm out from the original 15s mentioned above. So wide arches would defo be needed. If you went for the 0 offset would be adding 75mm, so you would probly not be able to apply more than half lock without mashing the inner arches! Not to mention you would be eating wheel bearings like they were going out of fashion AND runing the handling in every way!

Bubba
21-03-11, 09:19 PM
If your going to weld up the rear doors, why not get a (proper ;) ) 3dr shell if you intend on running wide wheels? lol :p

because my shell has virtually no rust bar the arches and 2 small spots....and im chopping the back off it

Connor
21-03-11, 09:30 PM
i was only messing, i had a good lil looksie around it when draper towed me back to his when i had no servo assisted brakes and the worlds smallest towing rope to get us back to his lol