PDA

View Full Version : Corsa vxr.. What to look for?

Danb1987
14-03-11, 10:35 AM
Well iv been thinking about one of these little beauts for a while now but never bothered looking at them...

Going to go vauxhall sat and have a browse lol

Who's had 1st Hand experience with them? Gunny?

What are they like in general mpg wise, power wise,
Tunability... Overall goodness?

Thanks

Dan

NOV4_SPORT
14-03-11, 12:15 PM
Well iv been thinking about one of these little beauts for a while now but never bothered looking at them...

Going to go vauxhall sat and have a browse lol

Who's had 1st Hand experience with them? Gunny?

What are they like in general mpg wise, power wise,
Tunability... Overall goodness?

Thanks

Dan

I have the astra vxr, its pretty good overall, but a mate had one, and used to get a lift to work most days in it, it was a good car, but he never looked after it, it turned to pink very quickly, and he abused it alot, but it never seemed to affect it, drove it hard from cold, and never let it cool down, he had it for 20 odd k and sold it due to high running costs, but the only thing that let it down was rust, the rear wheel arches where the bumper meets was really bad, but it is covered under the 6 year anti corosion warantey (sp), also anouther mate has an arden blue corsa vxr, which the same thing is happening too, and havve heard a lot about boost and vacum hoses being blown off or splitting !

So basically as long as its been serviced right and there is no rust then it should be all good:thumb:

Edd
14-03-11, 12:19 PM
theres a couple red ones round here

typical vauxhall red tho as they now look pink lol

seats are awesome in them

phazer
14-03-11, 05:13 PM
Mpg seems to be a fair bit lower than the Astra.

Astra VXR for me was around 30mpg, Corsa owners seem to be getting 25 for similar journeys.

Stay away if it's been modded unless you know it's been done properly. Unless you want to put no.4 on the mantle piece of course lol

You'll need your sensible info filters on but check out VXR Online and you can get an idea of common problems.

comptoncj
14-03-11, 06:16 PM
As said be careful for early examples as some of the maps used to melt number 4 piston.

bainyboy sr
14-03-11, 06:50 PM
a 2.0l xe nova will piss all over it on the quater mile lol

Spudly
14-03-11, 06:54 PM

Oh dear not this again:cry:

Jack
14-03-11, 06:54 PM
a 2.0l xe nova will piss oil all over it on the quater mile lol
:)

kevster
14-03-11, 07:18 PM

:)

kevster
14-03-11, 07:22 PM
i would go for a astra vxr all day long over a corsa ,but thats just me .

i miss my burg somethink rotten !!!

i got a focus st now ,please dont get one lol is not as much fun

Mieran
14-03-11, 07:27 PM
1223kg for a small car is very heavy imo

brainsnova
14-03-11, 07:53 PM
Corsa is for girls

honie5
14-03-11, 08:12 PM
I went to test drive an astra Vxr to be told when i got to vauxhall your not allowed to test drive them til your 25 for insurance reasons apparently so would of been buying one without driving it so scrapped that idea!

phazer
14-03-11, 08:23 PM
1223kg for a small car is very heavy imo

All cars are getting bigger and heavier. Pointless 'worrying' about it or letting it put you off.

bainyboy sr
14-03-11, 08:38 PM
:d

mowgli
14-03-11, 08:45 PM
basically if the owner says innit & acts like he is from another ethnic group, then run away...

Rich
14-03-11, 08:58 PM
as standard they dont feel anything like 180brake, they are pretty poo tbh for the amount if will cost you. But when played with that can make astra vxr power, i drove one that had been mapped, really was a shock at how quick it was! 3" exhaust pops and bangs on 9 out of 10 gear changes too :)

And the comment about the nova beating it, nova would eat it alive, both cars being equally uncomfortable lol

Jack
15-03-11, 07:21 AM
3" exhaust pops and bangs on 9 out of 10 gear changes too :)
I hope thats with a decat fitted, otherwise that could get very expensive very quickly lol

shed-on-wheels
15-03-11, 07:47 AM
my mate has the early one and had nothing but trouble with his turbo,.heads, boost pipes and mapping

phazer
15-03-11, 11:30 AM
I hope thats with a decat fitted, otherwise that could get very expensive very quickly lol

Nope, they all do it with aftermarket exhausts. The astra with the remus or miltek also pop and bang a lot. It's not wet fuel going through the exhaust so the cats are fine.