burgo
13-03-11, 03:09 PM
glad i stayed in bed then

Southie
13-03-11, 03:09 PM
Lack of things to buy then?

w88rdy
13-03-11, 03:30 PM
Yes not alot nova related we thought but if you dont go you will miss something lol

mowgli
13-03-11, 03:55 PM
i think the bacon sandwiches were pretty good, but 80's spanish rotbox stuff was seriously rare.... met some more png'ers & that was good....

the viva sills were there again, but lynz wasn't..:(

Dan Stanley
13-03-11, 03:57 PM
It was all about the 10p box of stuff on one stall!!!!! I got a whole set of 1/2inch deep sockets for.........yes, 10p!!!
lol lol

Ooh, and cheers for novacabrio meeting me there with a brown dash for my saloon. :d

Dervy
13-03-11, 03:59 PM
yea not much there, the only i saw that i wanted, some git nicked it just as i was walking up to buy it :(

mowgli
13-03-11, 04:08 PM
i did see a bloke walk out with the rh outer rear quarter panel for a more door saloon, so that will double its value.......

Mike
13-03-11, 04:11 PM
Was an alright day out, picked up some more twist know wheels, couple of coffee, put a couple more faces to names, ogled Roystons lovely SD1, nosey around a LC etc etc.

reevie1987
13-03-11, 04:33 PM
glad i stayed in bed then

same here :thumb:

bmw156
13-03-11, 04:36 PM
i was considering making the 2.30 hour journey to see if i could find some bits for the chevette.

glad i didnt!

instead i stripped some more bits of the chevette.

reevie1987
13-03-11, 04:40 PM
i was considering making the 2.30 hour journey to see if i could find some bits for the chevette.

glad i didnt!

you made the right decision there then lol :thumb:

bmw156
13-03-11, 04:44 PM
you made the right decision there then lol :thumb:
Martin 1 - 0 VBOA spares day.

:d:d:d:d

Nova00
13-03-11, 04:52 PM

glad i didnt!

on the the subjct of chevettes ............one seen yesterday in manchester in silver.....long time seen one been driven

Jack
13-03-11, 05:00 PM
Nova parts seem to be thin on the ground in general now tbh, Billing last year was a bit low on parts. Was either old Viva/Chevette bits, or Corsa C bits, with not a lot in between

bmw156
13-03-11, 05:02 PM
Nova parts seem to be thin on the ground in general now tbh, Billing last year was a bit low on parts. Was either old Viva/Chevette bits, or Corsa C bits, with not a lot in between

bastid, was there many older bits there today?
does anyone know?

Novasport
13-03-11, 05:20 PM
Got picked up this morning with a rumble of a V8 outside and had a nice cruise down there in 80's style! Big thanks to Royston picking me up in the Rover SD1 Vitesse, proper bit of kit.
Picked up a few bargains but not much Nova wise again this year. Seems to be the same people bringing the same crap.
Oh well, at least its a day out to catch up with a few people.

Adam
13-03-11, 05:25 PM
Glad i didnt go then. Ive been to the last 2/3 and its been the same crap for sale every year.
Anything worth selling goes within 5mins of the doors opening.

blue_peg_16v
13-03-11, 05:54 PM
i got the shorter throttle cable for the loon ive been looking for for ages that everyone said didnt exist when i knew they did as had one on my old xe

phil bought a fair bit tbf
new 1.3 fuel pump gm
new fuel sender gm
a sack ful of bolts off browney (had do stop 4 times for a rest on the way back to the car)
10 1.3 inlet gaskets 6 exhaust cover
new gm mk1 light switch
new temp sender
2 brown switch holders
a seat winder
full set of black door furniture
1.3 dizzy
pair of track rod ends
pair of bottom ball joints
steering wheel and colom
1.2 head and cam carier and rocker gasket
new wiper arm
1.3 starter moror
sport throttle cable
genuine vaux rubber mats new
mk2 head light
pair of mk1 llights
a load of brackets and clips
new 1.3 fly wheel
new clutch
new coil
a few other switches
1.3 metal rear hose
new nova user manual
and some other bits i cant remember know we had 4 trips back to the van though

Spudly
13-03-11, 05:55 PM
Just got in after three hours sleep and a 300 mile round trip, had a really good day, got a couple of needed bits for my new toy, saw fook loads of chevette and old stuff Martin so you did indeed miss out there, met a few new faces and had some good craic with the regulars:thumb:

bmw156
13-03-11, 06:26 PM
Just got in after three hours sleep and a 300 mile round trip, had a really good day, got a couple of needed bits for my new toy, saw fook loads of chevette and old stuff Martin so you did indeed miss out there, met a few new faces and had some good craic with the regulars:thumb:

bollocks.

never mind, i dont need anything yet, but im sure it will all be at billing lol

Johnny A
13-03-11, 07:04 PM
Was pretty disappointed tbh, Nova bits were thin and being a Carlton man too I was looking for bits... after doing 3 laps of the hall I only saw a propshaft!!

I did however pick up that 2-door loon rear 1/4 panel which I am chuffed about and also some front billy shockers.

Spudly
13-03-11, 07:07 PM
about and also some front billy shockers.

Damn you to hell biatch, they will be the ones that mr Lofthouse and Browny pointed me in the direction of, and i then spent ages looking for, only to not find:cry:

Johnny A
13-03-11, 07:08 PM
Damn you to hell biatch, they will be the ones that mr Lofthouse and Browny pointed me in the direction of, and i then spent ages looking for, only to not find:cry:

Cav/Cally ones mate, not Nova ones lol

blue_peg_16v
13-03-11, 07:08 PM
should of gone after your crap spud less weight more speed lol

Spudly
13-03-11, 07:19 PM
Cav/Cally ones mate, not Nova ones lol

Ahhhh thats alright then, either youre telling the truth, or you just said that to make me feel better lol

Either way have some rep:d

Johnny A
13-03-11, 07:21 PM
Tis no lies, I am cooking up a second set of Carlton front coilovers. No one makes them so I make my own using Cav/Cally inserts and casings.

My nova has 200SX coilovers on the front lol

Huffy
13-03-11, 07:46 PM
i think it was a waste of a drive, seen some nice cars tho i only ended up taking a c20xe throttle cable home

Keif
13-03-11, 07:49 PM
Well I had a great little scurry round and got a few bits I wanted (not Nova bits tho).

Got some Heko Signum wind deflectors
Found a Signum 2003 brochure
a Signum Press pack
Lotus Carlton Parts Catalogue (at last and a bargain, i've got everything else LC wise)
and a Opel Ascona 400 model.

Never saw an LC there but their was two Carlton GSi's in the carpark, plus a nice array of old Vauxhalls and a few other make rare models both old and new.

Royston your SD1 is yummy, had a looksie and just drooled. :thumb:

blue_peg_16v
13-03-11, 07:52 PM
there was an lc in the carpark

Mike
13-03-11, 07:53 PM

It pulled up when we were all outside talking, about midday ish I think?

Andy
13-03-11, 07:57 PM
So all in all unless its on your doorstep its a complete waste of time?

Keif
13-03-11, 07:58 PM

Reg number?

Spudly
13-03-11, 08:01 PM
Aye the ten perk fans on the LC were running a good twenty mins after the owner had gone in lol

Andy i didnt think it was a waste as i met a few new faces, got to see a few peeps ive not seen since billing last year and it cost me three quarters of a tank in the cav:eek:

Reg number?

H10 something or other iirc, he tipped up about 12.45 as we looked at the time as Hendrix and Rob left and he turned up just after:thumb:

Keif
13-03-11, 08:09 PM
Aye the ten perk fans on the LC were running a good twenty mins after the owner had gone in lol

Cool, that means it's working correctly. lol

Rob
13-03-11, 08:21 PM
So all in all unless its on your doorstep its a complete waste of time?

yes lol

Huffy
13-03-11, 08:23 PM
the LC parked up just behind me as i was leaving black it was or are they all black ?

Royston
13-03-11, 08:25 PM
Royston your SD1 is yummy, had a looksie and just drooled. :thumb:

Shame I din't meet you Keif, we'll have to meet up one day, and compare cars;) the only other Vauxhall I would go for is and LC :thumb:

Saw the one there, but the gent driving it seemed rather elderly.....not being disrespectful;) ....yes much older than melol

I has a great day meeting old and new png'ers, great day out in the Vitesse @ 410 mile round trip, 27.9 mpg on the trip computer.

I think Rich apprecietes what a great long distance machine she is.

Didn't buy a great deal but managed

New wrapped Sport trims in packets (silver)
2 off 1.3 distributor caps

Lotus Carlon brochure.....wishful thinking

And for Rory (Manta XE)

Manta B Steering wheel for his Manta A

Genuine Opel Service manual
and Spud bought him a Haynes manual still in the wrapper

All credit for the above to Spud for finding them;)

Keif
13-03-11, 08:27 PM
the LC parked up just behind me as i was leaving black it was or are they all black ?

Go and stand in a corner and be ashamed of yourself. :wtf:

Spudly
13-03-11, 08:27 PM

Yes it did, we were to your right as you left, and theyre all green actually:p

Keif
13-03-11, 08:28 PM
Just remembered picked up a Nova Sport brochure too.

Spudly
13-03-11, 08:30 PM
Ummm does you not mean 'spud' not 'sup' Royston lol

Was that workshop manual of use to you both then, hope so as thought it was a touch pricey, haynes was a bargain though, give him a hug from me when you pass it onto him please:d

Royston
13-03-11, 08:32 PM
Oh forgot to mention Mitch found me a car mag 1990 - Autocar and Motor comparing £6000 cars at he time, BMW 528i, Monza 3.0 and a Rover Vitesse,

VITESSE Winslol

Result:d

Royston
13-03-11, 08:33 PM
Ummm does you not mean 'spud' not 'sup' Royston lol

Was that workshop manual of use to you both then, hope so as thought it was a touch pricey, haynes was a bargain though, give him a hug from me when you pass it onto him please:d

I have corrected my little typo..........I knew what I meantlol

Rory is due to call in the next few minutes...........and waiting

Spudly
13-03-11, 08:50 PM
Aye i knew but thought id best ask as i was confuddled lol

Say hi from me will ya as ive not heard from him in a while!

blue_peg_16v
13-03-11, 08:53 PM
definatly not a waste of time good laugh at spuds ladder cils and met a few other pnger

great to put faces to names

and roystons vitesse is nice

Spudly
13-03-11, 08:55 PM
Will you feck off with ragging the poor cav you nasty man:p

stupot89
13-03-11, 09:50 PM
i heard the vitesse from the other end of the field sounded sweet

mowgli
13-03-11, 09:51 PM
definatly not a waste of time good laugh at spuds ladder cils and met a few other pnger

great to put faces to names

and roystons vitesse is nice

every time i saw you, you were in mid haggle

Nobby
13-03-11, 10:31 PM
i was disapointd to be honet nothin nova related other than 40mm springs and headlamps

16v-kev
13-03-11, 10:33 PM
lots of mk 2 astra parts but not much more !

pie
13-03-11, 10:40 PM
was crap tbh lol

i bought a cav gsi kit in burgandy grill front bumper n skirts n door molds £30

so well happy with them :)

some nice cars in the carpark

green mk2 cav with screamer pipe
mk3 silver cav sri on 5 spokes looked sweet
lotus carlton
mk1 red nova sr
mk1 nova on corsa sxi wheels

Spudly
13-03-11, 10:46 PM
some nice cars in the carpark
green mk2 cav with screamer pipe - That was a let and that screamer pipe is actually the exhaust

mk3 silver cav sri on 5 spokes looked sweet - was that a K reg on dark grey 17s?

lotus carlton - genuine one parked where the red SR was (nigh on)

mk1 red nova sr - new member on here went and spoke to him but didnt catch his name (hendrix did though)

mk1 nova on corsa sxi wheels- Mowglis if im not mistaken:thumb:

stupot89
13-03-11, 11:02 PM
mk3 silver cav sri on 5 spokes looked sweet - was that a K reg on dark grey 17s?

nope that k reg one on the dark 17's is a scrapper was shedding rust on the way down lol

pie
13-03-11, 11:08 PM
ya dark grey alloys hatch sri looked like kahn rims :)

mowgli
13-03-11, 11:13 PM
yup red mk1 on sxi wheels is mine...

pie
13-03-11, 11:17 PM
looked very clean mowgli :thumb:

Spudly
13-03-11, 11:24 PM
ya dark grey alloys hatch sri looked like kahn rims :)

If that be this one....

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a36/spudly01/Cav%20SRi/30012011622.jpg

That be my ill fated ride, she looks so clean ontop, but she isnt unfortunately:cry:

mowgli
13-03-11, 11:26 PM
looked very clean mowgli :thumb:

it had a respray in jan, i was a bit embarassed about how mucky it was, but daren't wash it until there has been plenty of sun on the paintwork.....

pie
13-03-11, 11:27 PM
thats it spud she looked clean buddy, she a XE or 8 valve?

how bad is she?

mowgli
13-03-11, 11:29 PM
e16se, 11900miles from new.....
just needs some decent suspension now..

pie
13-03-11, 11:32 PM
sound good mowgli i seen it driving down the field towards the exit only caught my eye lol

burgo
13-03-11, 11:33 PM
it had a respray in jan, i was a bit embarassed about how mucky it was, but daren't wash it until there has been plenty of sun on the paintwork.....errr why?

mowgli
13-03-11, 11:38 PM
cos it was painted in a cold wooden shed in jan, and when i first got it back, the paint felt a bit sqidgy.. i'm just really frightened that it'll cock up.... thats what you get from having a respray done as an xmas present, you can't exactly complain.....i thought leaving it for a while wouldn't be much harm....

burgo
13-03-11, 11:42 PM
how long do you think it takes for paint to go hard? at work they get 50-60 mins in the oven and then are flatted with a DA whilst still warm before being mopped!!! unless the prep was **** the paint wont fall off

mowgli
13-03-11, 11:47 PM
i used to work on prepping trains for respray. the booths were really hot.

i'm hardly impressed with the job tbh... cold wooden shed, not all the dents removed, some runs, and a really fetching red dust everywhere inside the car.... the bloke was a part time employee & my brother ended up sacking him over it... i'm just a bit worried about it....

Spudly
14-03-11, 05:09 PM
thats it spud she looked clean buddy, she a XE or 8 valve?

how bad is she?

She is an XE, i shall be posting up pics of it as and when she gets the engine removed, but can see both arches are gone through and fillered up, doors, floor pan on drivers side, rear is squidgy and drivers has water ingress from underneath, sills will be shot as its had three on the drivers side, boot floor, passenger strut top, but she was epic cheap with all the right bits and had T&T, shame really:cry:

torquey
14-03-11, 05:21 PM
i managed to get a new steering rack with brand new tie rods for a fiver, mixed alloy boost pipes and silicone hks joiners for a pound, 2 8'' kevlor fans brand new £25 which was good but seem as i drove 3hours to get there it could of been better.

bmw156
14-03-11, 05:40 PM
i used to work on prepping trains for respray. the booths were really hot.

i'm hardly impressed with the job tbh... cold wooden shed, not all the dents removed, some runs, and a really fetching red dust everywhere inside the car.... the bloke was a part time employee & my brother ended up sacking him over it... i'm just a bit worried about it....

merry xmas lol.

mowgli
14-03-11, 05:50 PM
gift horses etc....etc......

i actually had no choice about it.. the car was at the yard, & i had a night out in kent in a lorry & when i came back, it had already gone & was being stripped & prepped.... i was planning to get it done in about a years time, when(if) i had the funds myself.. i have a list as long as your arm of little niggly jobs that i wanted to do first before respraying....

blue_peg_16v
14-03-11, 09:36 PM
every time i saw you, you were in mid haggle

yup we got allsorts tbf and all for novas.

was well worth the trip there was loads of nova stuff there just not much tuning stuff for novas or big stuff like pannels, just remembered phil also got a brand new os rear light a brand new number plate light and im sure there was more.

you had to rumage in the boxes to find stuff!!!! not just look at whats on top

Novasport
14-03-11, 10:30 PM
Brand genuine new door seal £5
Brand new genuine boxed early sender unit £3
Brand new Astra GTE headlight washer £1(Going on Ebay)
20 odd Sport stickers, a load of BTCC winner stickers plus some 888 posters and 2x keyrings for a fiver.
888, Sport & Hutchensons brochure for £10
New old stock genuine locking wheel bolt set for £8
Few more odds & sods for pennies

Crap day for me, not my usual haul :(

hendrix
14-03-11, 10:35 PM
I didn't really get much, got much more stuffs last year. Should have delved a little deeper into the boxes as I didn't see half the stuff people are talking about haha

Novasport
14-03-11, 10:45 PM
Couldnt believe the sender unit had not sold before. It was in a big blue GM box sat on a table with Nova written on it. I bought it when I was leaving at about half one. It was on the stall opposite the cafe so people must have kept missing it on the charge for a bacon buttie lol

hendrix
14-03-11, 10:53 PM
the stall the irish guys had with the GSi bumper?

The_General_Chancer
14-03-11, 10:58 PM
it was utter trash 3 years ago so why change now? full of crap opel chevette bits etc waste of time. Would of been nice to bump into andrew durden tho?

Novasport
14-03-11, 11:27 PM
the stall the irish guys had with the GSi bumper?

No, the one next to it.

I bumped into Andrew Deurden aswell, didn't look particularly happy though. Mind you I think he has had a rough year.

blue_peg_16v
15-03-11, 08:37 AM
£3 I though phils was cheap at £10 lol

mowgli
15-03-11, 08:41 AM
i was after a load of little stuff, there really wasn't anything i wanted.... meeting up with the lads was good enough for me

Keif
15-03-11, 09:14 AM
i was after a load of little stuff, there really wasn't anything i wanted....

That's the risk you take.

If you go with a list of bits you want, and no one has any of it for sale there, you'll think it's cr4p and a waste of time going.

If there was a rack of Nova doors and panels and loads of GSi sender units and Nova Sport bits all there for £5 each, we'd all be raving what a good spares day it was.

;)

mowgli
15-03-11, 09:28 AM
i think i was just hoping to find something out of the blue, like a rare option etc.... but then i did pick some tools & stickers up

Novasport
15-03-11, 09:37 AM
That's the risk you take.

If you go with a list of bits you want, and no one has any of it for sale there, you'll think it's cr4p and a waste of time going.

If there was a rack of Nova doors and panels and loads of GSi sender units and Nova Sport bits all there for £5 each, we'd all be raving what a good spares day it was.

;)

I did get another GSi sender unit after the one I got for you. Very cheap aswell :). Not from spare day though.

£3 I though phils was cheap at £10 lol

He said £3 and I could not get my money out fast enough lol

bmw156
15-03-11, 10:47 AM
Brand new Astra GTE headlight washer £1(Going on Ebay)

fook me thats cheap.

will make some dollar on that lol.

blue_peg_16v
15-03-11, 10:59 AM
He said £3 and I could not get my money out fast enough lol

i bet we had a few things like that, and also spoke to a few people which will hopefully help phil find some interior parts and hopefully a roof skin lol

Novasport
15-03-11, 05:21 PM
PM me your number we can have a chat about roofs and possibly an interior.

Novasport
15-03-11, 05:24 PM
fook me thats cheap.

will make some dollar on that lol.

TBH it was 50p, I got it together with a front wing bump strip for a £1. They were both in a 50p bargain bin.

blue_peg_16v
15-03-11, 09:10 PM
PM me your number we can have a chat about roofs and possibly an interior.

you have pm