PDA

View Full Version : corsa sri into nova sr

SR-Rally
12-03-11, 09:53 AM
i've given up on trying to get silly power out of the 1300 now after having 3 engine go bang :(not sure what to go for, has to be 1400 or under and cheap.

i've been offered an engine out of an L reg corsa sri (no immobiliser) very cheap with loom, ecu etc etc how do you go about wiring one of these into a nova 1300 sr loom? much work?

as for the fuel i was planning on putting a swirl pot behind the wing. and plumb it in like:

Fuel tank--facet redtop pump--swirl pot--high pressure fse pump--fuel rail--presssure reg-- fuel tank.

would that work?

last question, the engine is a coilpack one. will a cam fit in out of a dizzy sri?

AlexW
12-03-11, 10:32 AM
Some engines are coilpack, some are dizzy. Wiring is the same as like a nova 1.6 into whatever, Your just need to add in fuel pump wiring and then join up a load of ign lives, perm lives, coolant sensor, prob some others too, Not too hard at all though.

SR-Rally
12-03-11, 10:47 AM
i wont be needing fuel pump wiring as fuel pumps are on separate switch's. although will i need to wire ecu fuel pump wire to something so ecu knows fuel is going to engine?

swedge
12-03-11, 01:22 PM
i wont be needing fuel pump wiring as fuel pumps are on separate switch's. although will i need to wire ecu fuel pump wire to something so ecu knows fuel is going to engine?

i dont think you will as ive fitted corsa sri to mine and had the fuel pump running from a spare battery while it was parked up and the proper wire wasnt connected to anything

garyc
12-03-11, 04:54 PM
If your blowing engines up something must be wrong with your set up, the 1400 engine is essentially the same so I'd do some thinking\ investigation 1st. What are you doing putting No3 rod out the block?

swedge
12-03-11, 05:02 PM
corsa sri will be coilpack btw

shed-on-wheels
12-03-11, 05:09 PM
you have a perm live (thick red) ign live (thin black) blue (temp) green (rev counter) thick blue/red (fuel pump) if your going to run them of seperate switches why not still run this wire into the switch atleast then if you didnt wire them to ign live and you done them to a perm live and turned the engine of but left the pumps running your car wouldn't flood to death but if not you dont need to wire it up just blank it off fella :)