PDA

View Full Version : c14se engine build.

shorty249
10-03-11, 10:23 PM
alright lads,
i am starting to build a c14se engine to go in my class 5 autograss car,
i cant go spending silly amounts of money on it as theres over bits to pay for.

iv brought a kent NV062 cam and vernier pulley, the rest of the engine is standard (in bits in the garage) just wondered if i would be better off with a 1.6 head?:confused:
once i'v decided on what head to use i will get it skimmed and port and polished.

i will be running r1 carbs in time, but will have to leave the injection system on for now.

any advise will be appeciated.
cheers glen.

mowgli
10-03-11, 10:24 PM
spend money on a mappable ecu. it will work wonders, if its allowed that is..

philip
10-03-11, 11:50 PM
14se has pretty large valves in as standard, ive built a couple with just lightened/balanced bottom end, bit of port work, newman sprint cam, double springs, caps, twin 40s and make circa 110-115bhp@wheels

garyc
11-03-11, 09:12 AM
top line class 5 vauxhalls are putting out just over 190 at the flywheel. I'd have thought you'd be better off with a solid lifter cam, you wont have to worry about the hydraulic lifters and will be able to rev harder. I'd stick with the std injection and get it mapped and sell your R1 carbs.

mowgli
11-03-11, 10:15 AM
top line class 5 vauxhalls are putting out just over 190 at the flywheel. I'd have thought you'd be better off with a solid lifter cam, you wont have to worry about the hydraulic lifters and will be able to rev harder. I'd stick with the std injection and get it mapped and sell your R1 carbs.

we need to find a top line class 5 racer & get a looky at his engine...... it must be peaky as hell, but make amazing noise.

Steve0011
11-03-11, 04:09 PM
my mate has a road rally car and his engine, (as far as i can remember) is a 1.4 bottom end, a 1300 ported head with piper rally cam and the GTE injection system. sounds like a weard combo but it go's like stink :) also has a quaife gearset and lsd.

i have a standard sri setup with a piper fast road cam, its ok BUT a local chipping company wants me to take it in and he's going to look at doing me a custom chip for it (i will report back on this when its done)

steve

shorty249
11-03-11, 06:36 PM
ye the top class 5 boys have very deep pockets (or there dads do lol)lol

how much would a re-map cost for this then?

Balley
11-03-11, 06:37 PM
class 5 is and has always been expensive for reasons above, get a class 6 and shove a xe in it :)

philip
11-03-11, 06:53 PM
class 5 top liners...camshafts last 1 or 2 meets.

steel rods, omega pistons, rec valves, modifed spring seats, cams with maybe 13-14mm lift and peak at about 9.5k! they dont last long at all!