PDA

View Full Version : protective film and alarm

turbojolt
09-03-11, 12:32 PM
hello guys quick few questions

has anyone here had any protective film put on there car/cars?

if so how much did it set you back and were did you get it fitted?

also i have a alarm on the nova right now but i put the only fob through the washing machine (not a good idea i don't recommend it at all lol) so i want to swap that for a new one preferbly one insurance company's will recognize so what do you lot recommend and how much would i be looking at if i have a company fit it?

cheers guys for any help and or advice

p.s i already have door lock protectors a steering wheel bar and I'm going to be putting in a hidden cut off switch some were might seem excessive but were i live is a sh1t hole and i never want to come out of my house and find the nova missing after all the time and money Ive spent on it already lol.

mowgli
09-03-11, 12:33 PM
you'd better build a brick wall round it & never move it then TJ, cos if someone wants it, they will get to it.

turbojolt
09-03-11, 12:35 PM
you'd better build a brick wall round it & never move it then TJ, cos if someone wants it, they will get to it.

yer i know but dont want to make it easy for them matey lol and the longer it takes them the more chance of me being there or someone reporting it to the old bill.

GRUNT 16V
09-03-11, 12:39 PM
Sorry to say but if they want it they will have it !

turbojolt
09-03-11, 12:40 PM
Sorry to say but if they want it they will have it !

but its mine :(

autoworksnovasport
09-03-11, 12:53 PM
theyve only got cut handbrake cable and drag onto a trailer can sort all the other bits out later in there lock up!! sorry to be negative

film do you mean tint ect?? for a nova i think its around £200ish
and as for an allarm you wana get that american one that shoots flames out of the side if some gets too close:thumb: prettty sure its illegle over here though:confused:

mowgli
09-03-11, 12:55 PM
best anti theft device i ever used......

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhu1DVkgyDZovTR0Dnydl3ELe7dVljo hrDIVZ1cXsv3EwaFBU9qg

we knew who was involved in stealing the cars where we lived, and he lived next door to us.....so we arranged a small frightening session.... ours was the only house in our estate that didn't have the cars touched....
the kid's parents wre an architect & a headmistress, and he ran with the wrong crowd

turbojolt
09-03-11, 12:57 PM
film do you mean tint ect?? for a nova i think its around £200ish

yer mate its like window tint film but clear and i think thicker :thumb:

turbojolt
09-03-11, 01:00 PM
best anti theft device i ever used......

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhu1DVkgyDZovTR0Dnydl3ELe7dVljo hrDIVZ1cXsv3EwaFBU9qg

we knew who was involved in stealing the cars where we lived, and he lived next door to us.....so we arranged a small frightening session.... ours was the only house in our estate that didn't have the cars touched....
the kid's parents wre an architect & a headmistress, and he ran with the wrong crowd

dont have one anymore was taken by the police when my brother scared of a guy that had a knife in my leg not good times.

got a lump of wood near the front door but its no good if you dont get woken up by the little ****s lol

autoworksnovasport
09-03-11, 01:01 PM
so like they use oon windows in schools and highh rise flats to stop them breking to peices

turbojolt
09-03-11, 01:01 PM
so like they use oon windows in schools and highh rise flats to stop them breking to peices

yes mate

autoworksnovasport
09-03-11, 01:03 PM
any tinters will fit that for you its cal;led "security film"

turbojolt
09-03-11, 01:06 PM
any tinters will fit that for you its cal;led "security film"

should have guessed that really lol

Andy
09-03-11, 02:56 PM
Or laminate film

AlexW
09-03-11, 03:04 PM
Jesus, I'll be helpful.

Alarm wise, Depends what you want and how much you want to spend, IMO don't bother with external sensors as the alarm would forever be going off and they get ****ing annoying.

For a basic Thatcham approved alarm fitted your looking at about £200 and up, Depends how long it takes to fit (Should be preety quick in a Nova though)...

If you are/know somebody who is happy to mess with wires, You could buy the alarm, fit it correctly and then pay a pro £50 (iirc) ish to check it and give you a certificate, then the insurance company will recognize its a approved alarm and fitted correctly. Your insurance probably won't go down any/much, But its more for the security than insurance IMO.

Hope this helps...

Jack
09-03-11, 03:50 PM
TWOC'ers also keep setting off external alarms in the hope you get fed up and disable the alarm completely.

An alarm with a battery backup would be a good idea IMO.

turbojolt
09-03-11, 03:50 PM
Jesus, I'll be helpful.

Alarm wise, Depends what you want and how much you want to spend, IMO don't bother with external sensors as the alarm would forever be going off and they get ****ing annoying.

For a basic Thatcham approved alarm fitted your looking at about £200 and up, Depends how long it takes to fit (Should be preety quick in a Nova though)...

If you are/know somebody who is happy to mess with wires, You could buy the alarm, fit it correctly and then pay a pro £50 (iirc) ish to check it and give you a certificate, then the insurance company will recognize its a approved alarm and fitted correctly. Your insurance probably won't go down any/much, But its more for the security than insurance IMO.

Hope this helps...

thanks mate i was thinking of spending a max of around 200-to-250 quid on the alarm.

thinking about it might be easyer to rewire mine and get a new fob but dont know how to go about that anyone know?

AlexW
09-03-11, 04:24 PM
What alarm is it? It is sometimes possible to get another and normally easy to setup.

turbojolt
09-03-11, 04:27 PM
im not sure of the make as it was fitted when i got the car and i cant go have a look as its in staffordshire having work done to it lol