PDA

View Full Version : 1st nova , first problem

slugger1990
07-03-11, 05:23 PM
had my nova GTE replica a month now , and took it a fairly long run on thursday nite , after that my alternator was overcharging my battery + the volt meter on dash was at top of scale , friday nite the battery was literally steaming , saturday i put a another alternator on it from my mates 1.4 sr so i knew i had an ok alternator , changed the battery aswell + all seemed well
going to + coming home from work 2day the volt meter was sitting at normal when revs were at idle but when revs were raised it went to top of scale again , then twice on way home the volt meter dropped to below average while revs were raised then jumped back up
does anyone have any ideas what this could be ?

shed-on-wheels
07-03-11, 05:40 PM
dodgy earth maybe could be a number of things fella buit here a little tip too (dont use text talk) but yeah check the earths and conections fella

Vausey_Nova_Knotla
08-03-11, 11:11 AM
as above mate also check fuses, had this problem on my mams clio was a blown out fuse but could of been somethig else as clios have **** wiring...

and its 1st of many mate :D happy nova'ing lol

slugger1990
12-03-11, 03:29 PM
problem sorted :D was just a dodgy alternator , had been charging the battery at 18v , alls good now tho :D