PDA

View Full Version : 1987 Nova 1.3 SR SnowPlough *UNMOLESTED*

leemondo
06-03-11, 10:43 PM
Hi,
I am sadly putting my beloved 1987 1.3 SR (Burberry snow plough) up for sale as I need the space for another project.

Good Bits:

I have owned her since July 2008 and I am the 2nd owner from new. I have kept her garaged and maintained for the last 2 1/2 years and only covered 5000 miles. The car has only done 36,000 miles from new!

The previous owner drove her from the showroom in 1987 and had her maintained by the very same Vauxhall dealership all the way up to 2005! He was a pensioner so never thrashed the engine. I have all the paperwork history including every single Vauxhall service stamp from 1988 (1st service) to 2005. I also have all the old tax discs and a mountain of repair paperwork, all carried out by Vauxhall Motorbodies of Luton.

In the last year I have had new rear arches fitted and sprayed. I have also fitted a G-max 60mm suspension kit (I have kept all the old suspension if needed to return to original). The front arches are solid apart from some minor surface rust which will need some preventative medicine. The sunroof has no leaks and the interior is extremely clean, I don't think the rear seats have ever been sat in!

Underneath floor panels and chassis are corrosion free including sills which the offside one has minor surface rust but no corrosion. The bodywork underneath the rubber side panel strips has been prepared for re-vinyl when the rear arches were replaced. I have purchased a full vinyl kit from PNG which can be included in the sale. She starts first time and runs really sweet and has no oil leaks.

She will come with 12 months MOT but no tax. I have taken pictures of all blemishes which can be seen in the photos. I also have a complete 2.0XE redtop engine, harness and ECU which I am selling at an additional negotiable price if required. The car is an excellent example of an 80's classic and needs to go to a good home to have her restoration completed.

The not so good bits:

There are a couple of small dents, one in the offside front wing by the aerial and the driver's door has a crease in it. Also the driver's front wing has a corroded hole in the bottom 1/3rd which will need a new wing replacement as a proper job. The offside rear above rear passenger's window panel has had a botched spray can squirt applied (not by me). The driver's seat has a worn patch in it. The battery tray has been welded in the past and no longer leaks. There are a few tiny, tiny rust spots starting to appear on the paintwork on the tailgate which could be easily sorted. I don't think I have the key for the boot, but I'll need to double check.

That's about it.

She would need around £300 spent and a couple of days work to fit the vinyls, wing and sort out the few minor blemishes to bring her back to near mint. The driver's door would be an additional cost if you wanted to replace that for cosmetic reasons.

Please feel to ask any questions. PM me or email me at: leemondo@gmx.com.

I'd love to sell to someone on this forum as I know she will be taken into good hands, but failing that I'll be putting an ad on Evil Bay over the next coming weeks.

I am starting the price at £1600ono due to the original, unmolested condition of the vehicle.

Cheers,
Leemondo.

Link to the pics:

http://s762.photobucket.com/albums/xx263/leemondo1975/Vauxhall_nova/

http://i762.photobucket.com/albums/xx263/leemondo1975/Vauxhall_nova/100_1029.jpg

http://i762.photobucket.com/albums/xx263/leemondo1975/Vauxhall_nova/100_1050.jpg

http://i762.photobucket.com/albums/xx263/leemondo1975/Vauxhall_nova/100_1042.jpg

Cle
06-03-11, 10:57 PM
Really like this, i no in ad it says need space for new project but would you be interested in a swap for another nova ?

leemondo
06-03-11, 11:11 PM
Really like this, i no in ad it says need space for new project but would you be interested in a swap for another nova ?

Sorry mate, I'd love to keep her and finish the project:cry: but I need the garage space as I'm aout to start producing my own Biodiesel from home and need space for my processor and settling tank.:thumb:

leemondo
08-03-11, 09:04 PM
*Bump* not much intrest in my original SR?

leemondo
14-03-11, 10:54 PM
Now advertised on Pistonheads....

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2603882.htm

Any pre-offers?

The_General_Chancer
14-03-11, 11:01 PM
pistonheads links are band brd bin?

leemondo
14-03-11, 11:07 PM
Sorry, I didn't know. It's exactly the same ad as on here tho. I can edit it if you want.

The_General_Chancer
14-03-11, 11:13 PM
its rule
number 9 fella

9. Put advertisements to retail establishments and/or dealerships in the Classifieds section. We do not allow advertisements by retailers or trade members in the Classifieds section. Any such adverts are subject to deletion at the Moderators discretion. More information is in the rules in the Classifieds section. Trade adverts are welcome if advertisers are willing to support the club, this MUST be discussed with one of the club officials as 'discounts' and 'group buys' are a grey area and generally not classed as acceptable

carlo46
15-03-11, 01:49 PM
hi what would the least you would take on your nova sr mate

leemondo
15-03-11, 09:06 PM
hi what would the least you would take on your nova sr mate
It's negotiable. Would you want the vinyl kit and / or the redtop engine?
Cheers.

carlo46
15-03-11, 09:57 PM
It would be with the vinyal kit mate

leemondo
16-03-11, 08:43 PM
Make me an offer mate. U can PM me if you want to discuss off thread.

harveyg77
08-07-11, 08:13 AM
Sold her yet?

amggsi
10-07-11, 10:36 AM
Near sure this car is on the other side of the water now!