PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help......

hodgie69
06-03-11, 10:14 PM
Hi, didnt really know where to Post this.....
I have been offered a nova gsi on a j plate. Very solid with no rust. The lad has shown me recipts of £750 for the redtop engine rebuild that is in the car...now when I have listend to the engine it sounds very tappy...is this a problem?? How much do you think this will cost to rectify?
It has been sitting about for a bit and he had said it will quieten off with use? Aswell as this can people give me a rough guide on how much they think this car is worth, I know it's hard without pics etc....it is White and solid, has astra gte digital clocks, redtop conversion from
A calibra.....lowered with coil overs on, paint work not great, mainly the bumpers........would really appreciate peoples thoughts......thanks!

mowgli
06-03-11, 10:21 PM
if the engine was rebuilt & the tappets weren't cleaned out or replaced, it can't have been a very good rebuild..

if you think it is a goodun, then buy it

Mazz
06-03-11, 10:33 PM
£800 maybe depending

Jackroadkill
08-03-11, 12:19 AM
if the engine was rebuilt & the tappets weren't cleaned out or replaced, it can't have been a very good rebuild..

if you think it is a goodun, then buy it

Must admit I'd agree with Mowgli. When was the work done?

hodgie69
08-03-11, 08:28 AM
Approx 4months ago......I think I'm going to walk away just wanted a bit advice......Gutted really fancy another one!

Will F
08-03-11, 08:31 AM
As long as the tappits quieten down after a few minutes, it will be fine.

Mine used to tap more when I changed the oil for a few days, so its really nothing to worry about.

When you 'rebuild' an XE the tappits are usually forgotten about -its the rings, bearings etc that you are interested in tbh

hodgie69
08-03-11, 03:52 PM
I will have a ponder, just worried I could be opening a can of worms! Ha!