PDA

View Full Version : 14nv lifters jacking

therickyt
06-03-11, 09:40 AM
hello
im racing with a 14nv engine running mostly stock parts due to the rules,
the lifters are jacking about 7400 is this about right, how can i gain more revs without solid lifters as were not aloud them,
can i increase oil pressure, im already using 20/50 oil

all ideas greatfully recieved
thanks

phunkynova
06-03-11, 10:25 AM
How old is your NV camshaft ?. If it has many miles on it it will be worn and you'll loose some power, if this is the case then better to replace it with a new one. (I take it that you must use a stock item).

therickyt
06-03-11, 10:33 AM
it had done 80k when i got it, everything else in the engine is new except the cam and crank, were would i get a new cam from?

phunkynova
06-03-11, 10:41 AM
not to sure other than GM or try some auto parts suppliers. Why do you want more rpm's ?.

phunkynova
06-03-11, 10:47 AM
IF you need more performance you can use the C/R gear box out of Nova SR/GTE/GSI and look at your final drive maybe you can use the 4.18 or 4.53 all so standard Nova fitment.

therickyt
06-03-11, 10:47 AM
if i can increase the rpm i can go slightly shorter on my gearing ratio there for getting better pull out the corners, but even so the cam idea is a good one to even increase my bhp by a small amount id good

garyc
06-03-11, 12:56 PM
8000 is normally about the limit. Try new vauxhall lifters, springs and some mobil 1 oil. Could your rev counter be out?

For a new cam try www.allittmotorsport.co.uk

comptoncj
06-03-11, 01:01 PM
My 1300 used to pull about 7500 with hydraulic lifters before they played up, but i think you are asking for alot out of a standard engine to pull 8000rpm. just play around with the gear ratios or the final drive, you will not gain any more power at that amount of revs anyway, you just need to work out as you change gear where the revs will be to drop it staight back into the high torque range of the engine.

therickyt
06-03-11, 04:51 PM
i am changing my gearing im slowly working down my chart with the cluster and final drive ratios to try and put together the best package,
everything is new in the engine apart from the cam but the lifters are from a motor manufacturer so may try putting genuine in,

phunkynova
06-03-11, 05:08 PM
Do you have a link to the reg's for you championship ?.

therickyt
06-03-11, 05:28 PM
http://www.skegness-stadium.info/drivers/rules/gthotrod.pdf

anyway you can help would be great, its such a fine line between fast and slow, im running a corsa with the engine fitted in that

garyc
06-03-11, 05:43 PM
Take it that you are on +40's with the pistons proud the block by 5 thou and head skimmed to the limit?

therickyt
06-03-11, 05:45 PM
the head ex is all done to limits the block is being done now, at the moment im still running normal sized pistons,