PDA

View Full Version : Fuel predicted to hit £2! time for the cooking oil?

windfreek
05-03-11, 11:26 AM
Ive just heard this morning that fuel prices are set to hit the £2 per litre mark by the end if the month due to the problems there having in Lybia.

With this in mind and as im a DERV user, does anyone know the ins and outs regarding the use of used cooking oil as a replacement? Ie legal jargon and whats added to it to make it useable.

Ta muchly!

steviegsi
05-03-11, 11:42 AM
Don't worry though.... When is the fuel price stabiliser coming into effect? lol

paul james
05-03-11, 12:29 PM
Ive just heard this morning that fuel prices are set to hit the £2 per litre mark by the end if the month due to the problems there having in Lybia.

If thats the case, guess we'll be going to war there soon!

Andy
05-03-11, 12:33 PM
red diesel ftw

mk1nova_rich
05-03-11, 12:35 PM
Government will have to decrease tax on fuel or there will be rioting like ****. Working man is having his bollocks squeezed tighter and tighter, NHS and defence are being cut yet these cnuts that don't want to work are still getting looked after with everything paid for :mad:

General Baxter
05-03-11, 12:37 PM
im really thinking of cutting my little finger off at work,

dissablitly, here i come

im paid just over £15 per hour, can cant even afford to put food in the fridge :(

Balley
05-03-11, 12:38 PM
Looks like the Derv Nova will have to be on the road sooner than I thought!!

Hmm just need to get some heating oil ordered sharply!!!

windfreek
05-03-11, 12:39 PM
If thats the case, guess we'll be going to war there soon!

I'll give it 2 weeks!

But it wont change a thing if they do, the price will shoot up to 2 quid during it, and after alls said and done itl come back down to £1.50 mark, long gone are the days of 60p a liter and it only cost me £20 to fill up my first 3dr merit!

General Baxter
05-03-11, 12:40 PM
we were talking about this at work, one of the lads dads, had a jag with a 60ltr twin tanks, cost him a £40 to fill up, back in the day lol

Andy
05-03-11, 12:40 PM
Honestly,ive said it before and i'll say it again,i really hope all of people using stolen/red/green diesel never get caught.
If fuel prices werent so high we wouldnt need to break the law,out of interest whats diesel currently priced at in your area??
Scarborough........£1.36.9...

General Baxter
05-03-11, 12:41 PM
Honestly,ive said it before and i'll say it again,i really hope all of people using stolen/red/green diesel never get caught.
If fuel prices werent so high we wouldnt need to break the law,out of interest whats diesel currently priced at in your area??
Scarborough........£1.36.9...
131.9, diesel but if i travel 30miles down the road its 130.9 lol
glad i still dont have the beemer 151.9 lol petrol

petrolprices.com ;)

mk1nova_rich
05-03-11, 12:44 PM
who's starting the revolution? lol

big_wig_074
05-03-11, 12:44 PM
i remember those days,£20 in my metro brimmed it!lasted couple of weeks too,now im paying that twice a week!how difficult is a diesel swap?can get diesel free!although id get fired!
but most people mix cooking oil with diesel to give the pump etc some lubrication i beleive,i also know,if theres any aircraft technicians out there,that older diesel cars will merrily run on avtur (jet fuel),they just run a little hotter.

General Baxter
05-03-11, 12:45 PM
who's starting the revolution? lol

i will, ill just walk down there, and just punch him, untill he lower the price of DIESEL ONLY lol

Dan
05-03-11, 12:49 PM
the government wont introduce the fuel stabiliser until the very last minute. Thats a given, i may be wrong but the theory was they would reduce the tax rate to maintian a static price, then when the price dropped below they would add it back + interest to make up for losses, thus still maintaining the price and 'stabilising' it.

Why the hell would they do it to soon, when they can let the price get as high as possible and generate more revenue from the 'peak price' once the price per barrel drops back to a normal rate. The stabiliser could have bad effects rather than good in the long term and we get raped harder than without it. I'd rather pay abit more for 6 months or a year rather than a lot more over the space of ten. Bit of a catch 22

General Baxter
05-03-11, 12:51 PM
just lower HGV diesel will help

windfreek
05-03-11, 12:53 PM
Government will have to decrease tax on fuel or there will be rioting like ****. Working man is having his bollocks squeezed tighter and tighter, NHS and defence are being cut yet these cnuts that don't want to work are still getting looked after with everything paid for :mad:

My god you sound just like me and my wife says im grumpy lol

The problem is the British are too spineless, we moan alot but never do anything about it

Maybe the French have the worlds biggest white flag factory, but they sure know how to organise a mass strike and get things done!

MAY 2ND, NATIONAL STRIKE!

General Baxter
05-03-11, 12:54 PM

is that not a bank holiday lol

windfreek
05-03-11, 12:56 PM
i will, ill just walk down there, and just punch him, untill he lower the price of DIESEL ONLY lol

A nice direct approach, maybe you could do. Chumbawumba and throw a pie or two just for goom measure lol

General Baxter
05-03-11, 12:56 PM
**** that ill eat the pies

did labour not make it legal to do road blocks ?

mk1nova_rich
05-03-11, 12:59 PM
My god you sound just like me and my wife says im grumpy lol

The problem is the British are too spineless, we moan alot but never do anything about it

Maybe the French have the worlds biggest white flag factory, but they sure know how to organise a mass strike and get things done!

Nothing we can do really, its hard to organise thousands of like-minded people to get together... the trade unions have disappeared and the only people who rally together are students - who usually support the government with the exception of the student fees carry on

windfreek
05-03-11, 01:01 PM
is that not a bank holiday lol

I knew there was a problem with that plan! Hows the 3rd, then we can have a long weekend!

General Baxter
05-03-11, 01:05 PM
im on holiday anyway, try the friday, bring the weding to a stand still, tell the horse to run out of fuel lol

windfreek
05-03-11, 01:08 PM
**** that ill eat the pies

did labour not make it legal to do road blocks ?

By definition a road block is to halt traffic, could we all just go at 1mph and get away with it?

Mike
05-03-11, 01:09 PM
red diesel ftw

Amen to that brother :d

mk1nova_rich
05-03-11, 01:12 PM
If everyone did it together on the same day, there is **** all they could do about it.

The biggest irony is David Cameron spending £2 million of our money finding out what makes us unhappy...

windfreek
05-03-11, 01:12 PM
... try the friday, bring the weding to a stand still, tell the horse to run out of fuel lol

Pmsl!

windfreek
05-03-11, 01:17 PM
Just to make you all feel better, my fuel hungry runabout costs me £55 A DAY if my lead foot comes into play on the way to work, and work is only 26 miles from home!

Maybe I think its time to turn the boost down! Lol

Mike
05-03-11, 01:42 PM
Just to make you all feel better, my fuel hungry runabout costs me £55 A DAY if my lead foot comes into play on the way to work, and work is only 26 miles from home!

Maybe I think its time to turn the boost down! Lol

More fool you IMO lol lol

Adam
05-03-11, 04:51 PM
im paid just over £15 per hour, can cant even afford to put food in the fridge :(
Try getting paid nearly half that!!!!!

bmw156
05-03-11, 04:56 PM
look like ill be biking to work alot more if the fuel goes up to two quid.

thats stupid

draper
05-03-11, 05:04 PM
this country is close to tipping point imo

keep putting motoring prices up and people will break the law (insurance, fuel, tax etc)
cut the workshy folks benefits and crime will go up (they still need to pay there habits)
cut police wages and we have even more disgruntled bobbies not bothering to catch the above people
we've sold defence planes, sacked soldiers and decomissioned ships yet will probably go into Libya and start another fight we cant lose but cant afford to win

welcome to (once)great britian, ruler of 3/4 of the world at one point and now heading for a 3rd world country

Rickardo
05-03-11, 05:10 PM
I haven't had a pay rise for 3 yrs now. I should be glad i've got a job really. There were cut backs before xmas.

I sold the Cav 4 or 5 weeks ago, i'm not getting another car.

I now pedal 80 mile a week to and from work, saving roughly £35 a week on petrol. Never mind the insurance premium as well. We are gonna be a 1 car family for the foreseeable future.

Fuel prices will only go up. Once the government know they can stiff you with £1.31 ltr, they will carry on doing so.

As far as i can see the motorist has to bend over and take it, not for me. I have got off that merry go round and i'll make my own way to work etc etc.

General Baxter
05-03-11, 05:16 PM
its only 6 miles to work, im really thinking of pedal power tbh

John
05-03-11, 05:21 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-12657335

Adam
05-03-11, 05:21 PM
its only 6 miles to work, im really thinking of pedal power tbhIts something im definently doing when the weather is better.

Even if I have spend a few quid on a decent bike, going work out miles better in the long rung

Bubba
05-03-11, 05:25 PM
im riding to work alot now. although im pretty screwed down here with out a car...so i need one to get from place to place :(

g111mds
05-03-11, 05:28 PM
the stabiliser when brought in will only take the price back to the ridiculous price it was the week before!! double taxation as well on fuel so the government is raking it in as fuel prices go up.

bmw156
05-03-11, 05:31 PM
i bike 6 miles a day (before my hand op) plan to get back into it ASAP.

bought a 100 quid bike of ebay. (second hand) and all is well.

General Baxter
05-03-11, 05:49 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-12657335

what a load of ****ing crap, he has no idea

he gets his wage, to live on, everything else comes from expences, maybe give them a flate rate of £40k a year and tell them to get everything of like, like 90% of the country :roll:

Edd
05-03-11, 05:50 PM
£2 a litre is a fooking joke :mad:

You'll just have people filling up and driving off

General Baxter
05-03-11, 05:53 PM
ill gladly use puplic transport to get to work and back
lower the cost of that, and put the bus on at the normal time then yeah

the one going to atherstone leaves here at 7.12, 8.15, i have to be in work at 7am,

and dont mention the going home one, i would have 3mins to walk 1 mile, to get it home, or wait 2 hours for the other one lol

General Baxter
05-03-11, 05:59 PM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article3347898.ece

draper
05-03-11, 07:17 PM
Lmfao at people quoting the sun and the BBC as valid points in ANY argument

tommy8252
05-03-11, 07:54 PM
This country could learn a few things from Libya and Egypt. Mass demonstrations untill the publics voice is heard and acted upon. The country is in dire straights and bum ****ing the citizens is only gonna lead to it getting worse much quicker.

John
05-03-11, 08:00 PM
Lmfao at people quoting the sun and the BBC as valid points in ANY argument

Lol, i wasn't quoting it as a valid point, i was quoting it as a crock-o-shoite!

John
05-03-11, 08:02 PM
Wonder how many classic/modified cars will be staying at home this summer. Oh wait, the government are gonna fine you if you cancel the insurance. FLOL!

bazil
05-03-11, 08:03 PM
em simple point, if you cant affford fuel sell your car,

**** happens

the uk is fooked

i dont care

oh i get 27 mpg and run on V power and still dont care about fuel costs, my next car will be a V8 and minimum of 4.0 litres so fook them, i'll enjoy my short life regardless,

Jack
05-03-11, 08:11 PM
Fuel won't hit £2 a litre this year. £1.50, yes; £2, no. Get off the media hype-driven bandwagon lol

Brent has stabilized around $115 at the moment. Yes the situation in Libya is a bit of a cluster fcuk, but once Russian deals are finalized it won't really affect the oil price too much until the place settles down and then the oil price should drop back down a bit.

What the tories SHOULD do is change how tax is applied to fuel. Apply VAT then apply duty. Paying VAT on duty is completely ridiculous and would drop the pump price about 10p straight out.

Mike
05-03-11, 08:14 PM
Wonder how many classic/modified cars will be staying at home this summer. Oh wait, the government are gonna fine you if you cancel the insurance. FLOL!

Some one could seriously coin it in on the back of this offering part time insurance so to speak, like you can get for motor bikes.

Vehicle is insured for 6 months of the year only.

As for any ludicrous fuel price hike, I have no qaurms about using red diesel so meh, ill keep my 500+ miles to a tank full but pay about £28 instead of £49ish.

bazil
05-03-11, 08:16 PM

cash your tax in then declare sorn, simples

Mike
05-03-11, 08:17 PM
cash your tax in then declare sorn, simples

Exactly what a lot of people on my car club site are saying lol

Andy
05-03-11, 08:20 PM
its shi7,whatever way you look at it,good luck to the red/greens among us :thumbs up:
And its ridiculous jack lol

bazil
05-03-11, 08:22 PM
Exactly what a lot of people on my car club site are saying lol

christ up here we only get a 4 month summer if we are lucky!

Jack
05-03-11, 08:33 PM
And its ridiculous jack lol
LOL I've edited that post about three times, my spelling was shoite for some reason there lol

Andy
05-03-11, 08:34 PM
im trollyed and still spotted lol

Lee H
05-03-11, 09:03 PM
Costing me £65 a week to get to work and back now but I have no alternative except a cheaper car but don't want to as it's one of the only pleasures I have!

The 22 mile journey takes an hour in the car or 2 hours on public transport. Would cost me £50 a week on public transport anyway as that's a rip off too!

Like other people have said though I should be grateful to have a job!

Lee
05-03-11, 09:22 PM
Last week I was at about 60% positive about leaving the country.

Floating around the 80% mark this week.

Mike
05-03-11, 09:32 PM
80%? Thought it would be more lol

wwmnw
05-03-11, 09:34 PM

Pfft, people in this country haven't got the balls to start a riot, we just sit back and get shafted time and time again, unlike the French, the "cheese eating surrender monkeys" have the balls to riot but we don't.

General Baxter
05-03-11, 10:36 PM
Last week I was at about 60% positive about leaving the country.

Floating around the 80% mark this week.

missing roth ?lol