PDA

View Full Version : Madness!!

steviegsi
05-03-11, 11:07 AM
Last month when I swapped my insurance from my 525i to my mk3 astra Gsi the insurance person mentioned a 10% discount to policyholders for a second car.

So today I phoned up for a quote to see how much it would sting me for my 1.2 shell to get the ball rolling ( with as cheap a deposit as possible before changing it across to the 525 in a few weeks) for having a second policy due to this tax/sorn/insurance thing to save taxing/sorning every other month.

Quote for 92 nova 1.2i fun, standard, tpft, valued at £800 ( fpmsl lol ) 5000 miles per year....

I should also say that for the astra my insurance is in the region of 8-900 per year with 4 years ncb no accidents etc.

£4800 I was quoted! I was expecting about 5/600. That was with her giving me 4 years named driver experience rather than my no claims. ( which is stupid bearing in mind the 4 years ncb is with the same fxxking company )

Her response to my laughter was , well sir premiums have went up this year. This quote will be valid for 28 days if you change your mind!

I wouldn't pay that for a turbo nova never mind a 1.2i .

Although I think anyone who drives without cover is a moron, sometimes it's easy to understand why.

I think I need a lie down.

autoworksnovasport
05-03-11, 11:22 AM
ive just renewed my works van insurance been with the same company for 4 years when i took the insurance out it was £374 fully comp for the year stayed he same the next year then went upto £582 last year (no claims accident windscreens nohing) but couldnt be botherd swaping around so went ahead butt this year they want £978.66p for he same van at the same address nothings changed except the amount of years i have been with them i thought it was spossed to go down for being a loyal customer:confused:

anyway that anoying gocompare chap got me a better deal still not as good as 4 years ago though still payinng 400 pound :mad:

mk1nova_rich
05-03-11, 12:23 PM
its absolutely disgusting how much premiums have gone up, and I'm on about across the board not just with young drivers :mad:

General Baxter
05-03-11, 12:33 PM
its absolutely disgusting how much premiums have gone up, and I'm on about across the board not just with young drivers :mad:

they deserve all they ****ing get, i was over taken comming home from work (rush hour) on a bloody blind bend, and then 5 year old behind the wheel had the mentalaty to call me a ****er for doing 50 in a 50 :roll:

only to cut me up as a car was comming the other way :eek:

i wish i still had the beemer, i would have chased him down (he was only in a 1L polo or something so it was maxed out over taking me) and ****ing beaten the **** out of him:thumb:

becasue when he cut in front of me, and i slammed his brakes on, which he did, (i knew what was going on so i hit mine before he hit his), i would of slammed into the back of him, then beaten the **** out of him, then had a nasty claim on my hands as i rear ended him

General Baxter
05-03-11, 12:36 PM
Rahhhhhh Made Me Mad Now

autoworksnovasport
05-03-11, 12:42 PM
beaten the **** out of him then rear ended him??:cry:

General Baxter
05-03-11, 12:42 PM
and not in the good way lol

steviegsi
05-03-11, 01:19 PM
and not in the good way lol

F lol

swedge
05-03-11, 07:16 PM
lol without lube

Balley
05-03-11, 07:41 PM
beaten the **** out of him then rear ended him??:cry:

Love it :)

wwmnw
05-03-11, 10:01 PM
lollol Baxter, you crazy *******!

Nova_Tek
05-03-11, 11:30 PM
My bro got his renewal for the Cav, shocking! It was around £550 in 2009, then went up to £900 in 2010 (nothing had changed). This years he's been quoted £1750.

_Jake
06-03-11, 12:39 PM
Im 17, and for a 1.2l nova the cheapest ive been qouted is £2k, Which i think is unfair as i live in the middle of nowhere so the car cant really be pinched, and ive worked on a farm driving 300hp + tractors for nearly 3 years now, so im not exactly inexperienced or a dangerous driver!

TeddyThom
06-03-11, 02:44 PM
ive just renewed my works van insurance been with the same company for 4 years when i took the insurance out it was £374 fully comp for the year stayed he same the next year then went upto £582 last year (no claims accident windscreens nohing) but couldnt be botherd swaping around so went ahead butt this year they want £978.66p for he same van at the same address nothings changed except the amount of years i have been with them i thought it was spossed to go down for being a loyal customer:confused:

anyway that anoying gocompare chap got me a better deal still not as good as 4 years ago though still payinng 400 pound :mad:

Basically all they will say is that it is the "market value", you'd like to think it goes down, but because most people don't bother shopping around they like to bump it up. Always good to shop about, unless they discount you for being a loyal customer, no claims etc etc don't stay with the same company for more than one year IMO.

MK999
06-03-11, 02:54 PM
Last year my quote on the TD standard was £1200ish, 2 years NCB/2 years driving no points at 22 and my (useless) insurance company weren't aware that I'd made a claim through them at my fault. Later insured it with 0 NCB, accident at my fault, modified, for under £800.

Renewals take the piss because people dont bother to look around at other companies and just pay it.