PDA

View Full Version : HID Kit Removal

markmcgivern
04-03-11, 10:46 PM
Hope someone whos good with wiring can help me,
I'd like to remove the 8k hid kit from my nova for two reasons:1, ive lost dip on them?!!!! 2, dont want the hassle getting it MOT'd. I bought the car with the kit already fitted so how hard will it be to reverse the process?
Any info will be a big help

Spudly
06-03-11, 03:01 AM
Most HID kits are designed with a plug that simply plugs into the existing wiring on one side of the car, i.e. the plug that would normally go directly onto the back of your original bulb, now plugs into the loom for the HIDs, simply unplug this and you have your power/signal feed removed.

You may also find there is a feed for the control feed connected to the battery, this just wants unbolting and the whole HID loom will come away as one stand-alone unit, then all you need to do is refit OE H4 bulbs and aslong as noone has chopped the HIDs in then you should all be good and working:thumb:

Jack
06-03-11, 06:12 PM
I had to chop the H4 connectors off mine and splice the HIDs into the OEM loom, but they're not H4 HIDs.

Bit hard to say really without seeing how they're wired in

markmcgivern
26-03-11, 06:43 AM
all is well, gutted the H4 hid kit out and managed to do it after a lot of studying wiring. :thumb: standard lights again!!!

Spudly
26-03-11, 12:27 PM
standard candles again!!!

Thats more like it lol

markmcgivern
26-03-11, 01:52 PM
there just as good as i got 50% uprated bulbs (not cheap) and wont be ilegal when it comes to MOT (laws changing) so dont wont the hassle :)

Welsh Dan
26-03-11, 04:37 PM
If you're using higher wattage bulbs, you might find it worthwhile to make your own lighting loom while you're at it.

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/relays/relays.html