PDA

View Full Version : Pod times

Dan
15-06-03, 07:49 PM
As mentioned in jims thread i managed to get some good times considering i ran car as is driven everyday with cage and buckets etc etc etc, they were as follows

attempt 1 - 14.996 @ 91.55mph
attempt 2 - 15.302 @ 90.86mph
attempt 3 - 14.946 @ 91.63mph

so thats me, what did everyone else get?????????

RobHardyUK
15-06-03, 08:01 PM
well done mate!!!! I still cannot believe that cav tht done a 12, with major backing off halfawy up straight. i got tht 1 on cam. lol. was pretty mad.

Jim
15-06-03, 08:11 PM
Dam it, wish I was admin so I could delete this post :p

Nah, just joking, good work Dan. Gives me something to aim for now ;)

Jim

Dan
15-06-03, 09:31 PM
http://www.vinylcase.com/dicko/syVSdan.AVI
http://www.vinylcase.com/dicko/danVSsaloon.AVI

These are the 2 vids dicko got of me, as you can see on em a diff would help me get a better start but on both it didnt take to long to pass the opposition before the finish line, although simon (top avi) did get a great start and i was suprised how i caught and passed him after i woke up and actually realised the lights had changed :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Simon actually ran a very good time of 15.7 i think on that attempt so i reckon some mods will be on the horizon.

CP
15-06-03, 09:48 PM
I got a sore arse from having it well and truly kicked by Dan today! :o

Some really good times there - in fact I'm pretty sure they are the fastest 8v 1.6 times that have been posted on here EVER!!!!!! beating Tom Lunns 14.989 at the Novaload shootout? Dans got permission to go around and be a big head for a week with the fastest 8v on site :lol:

I spent my first 3 runs committing every conceivable mistake possible and finally managed a bit over 15 :roll: with my final 3 runs. I won the race home tho :lol: :lol:

So anyway well done Dan! Very good effort - you've proved 2 things recently - your car does exist and its fast as well 8) :lol:

dan16v
15-06-03, 09:58 PM
i did notice a few missed gear changes cp! :cry:

Dan
15-06-03, 10:07 PM
yup a few others noticed, but one of us was rude enough to ring him and take p*** :twisted: :lol: but it musta helped as his following and final run was his best of the day 8)

dan16v
15-06-03, 10:17 PM
i think you made the rite decision dan to go up the strip early! ques were much smaller and air was abit cooler 2! sod waiting for ages in the afternoon!

avon_nova
15-06-03, 10:42 PM
Best of 3 runs - 14.58 @ 95.49mph

Mines everyday car too, buckets and cage, gets a bit impractical but it's worth doing just to waste nearly every car on the road haha.

elsey197
15-06-03, 10:59 PM
i did three runs and my best time was 17.06 @ 80.2mph which i thought was ok for a standardish gte and my 1 st ever time, that was full interior, cage sub and amps :!:
Next time im taking most of this out :wink:

Saw CP make a few good runs, those throttle bodies sound lovely.

heres me :D
http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=1140

Anton
15-06-03, 11:04 PM
light weight smooth tailgate :D

car looked good matey

RobHardyUK
15-06-03, 11:12 PM
me n anton shoulda gone head to head. 1.2 vs 1.2. woulda been a feature lenght film if recorded on cam lmao.

Anton
15-06-03, 11:14 PM
next time mate.. when i have time to clean my car, i'll come along and introduce myself properly and show my car

CP
15-06-03, 11:27 PM
Lol I'm old - take pity on me - I need an auto box :lol:

Jim
16-06-03, 09:52 AM
I got a sore arse from having it well and truly kicked by Dan today! :o

Some really good times there - in fact I'm pretty sure they are the fastest 8v 1.6 times that have been posted on here EVER!!!!!! beating Tom Lunns 14.989 at the Novaload shootout? Dans got permission to go around and be a big head for a week with the fastest 8v on site :lol:

I spent my first 3 runs committing every conceivable mistake possible and finally managed a bit over 15 :roll: with my final 3 runs. I won the race home tho :lol: :lol:

So anyway well done Dan! Very good effort - you've proved 2 things recently - your car does exist and its fast as well 8) :lol:

Right!!! This is war, cant have Desperate Dan beating me :P

Oh, CP, the race home, was it against yourself :P ;)

Slim "I shall be quicker than Dan" Jim

wisewood
16-06-03, 11:34 AM
Anyone know where i can get the codec for that??
got sound which is all good and well but without the video its kinda useless really lol.

Nova-Boy
16-06-03, 11:36 AM
We made a drag strip down an old dock road. Measured 1/4 mile and then sprayed two white lines on the floor. We have the 1/4 now we just need something acurate to time with. Just using a stop watch with 2 in my car, my 1.2 did it it 20 secs!! :lol: :lol:

Dicko
16-06-03, 12:15 PM
if you have more probs let me know and il recode them to divx, as i already have with the birds :D

Jim
16-06-03, 12:40 PM
We made a drag strip down an old dock road. Measured 1/4 mile and then sprayed two white lines on the floor. We have the 1/4 now we just need something acurate to time with. Just using a stop watch with 2 in my car, my 1.2 did it it 20 secs!! :lol: :lol:

:o Erm, WTF?!?!?!

Leave the drag stips to the proper organised events. Old dock road or not, it's still a public road with speed limits. Be it on your own head if you get caught or kill someone :|

Jim

RobHardyUK
16-06-03, 01:49 PM
Anyone know where i can get the codec for that??
got sound which is all good and well but without the video its kinda useless really lol.

its prob DivX, www.divx.com

if not let me kno as i have got another type that plays .AVI files aswell. But DivX is prob the one u want.

Dan
16-06-03, 06:00 PM
lol @ jim, i suppose i better get my clutch switch fitted so i can actually use my launch and full throttle shift functions next time, let tyres down to appropriate pressures also, and the saving for a diff has started muhahahaha

Ben (lurk75)
16-06-03, 06:06 PM
Dan lets see if we can get bulk discount on the diffs! :lol:

simon@novaheaven
16-06-03, 08:26 PM
if your getting bulk order on diffs put my name down! ill be up for one :)

i had a great time running the car up the strip, cant wait to have another go! as dan said i ran 15.7 @ 77.94 not too bad i thought, i ran the car as it was without messing with any of the setup or anythin. the engine is a 1600 16v with induction and exhaust.

better start shopping for some more mods to make it quicker now i think!

Nova-Boy
16-06-03, 09:24 PM

:o Erm, WTF?!?!?!

Leave the drag stips to the proper organised events. Old dock road or not, it's still a public road with speed limits. Be it on your own head if you get caught or kill someone :|

Jim

No its not a public road its owned by the ports and one of my mates dads lets us use it after they close at night. Nice, long and straight.

im wondering how that lad measure 1/4 mile?

Converted a mile into meters and then measured between the lamp-post till the nearest one then added the extra couple of meters on with a walky measuring thingy.

Wont be exactly a 1/4 like but gives a rough idea and keeps us from racing from the traffic lights.

Snowface
16-06-03, 11:07 PM
what speed were u at when u hit 1/4mile?

Did any 1200's go up the strip on Sun?

What sort of time would they be expected to get as standard?