PDA

View Full Version : relay buzzing on redtop conversion

chug1106
03-03-11, 10:16 PM
right not really looked into this yet,as just finished ar 10 tonight on it,but stuck my redtop engine to nova,and connected it all,i also changed the nova loom as mine was a totally mess. anyway the minute i put the battery on,one of the relays starts buzzing(dont know what one yet) all the lights are still disconnected as of a fuel pump etc.

does anyone know what this is or could be?
dont know if it helps but none off the indicators on the dash were working,ie handbrake etc

shed-on-wheels
03-03-11, 10:25 PM
have you put all the earths/lives on the corect turminals

chug1106
03-03-11, 10:38 PM
yeah think so, a big red to starter,then small red to nova loom,another red to xe loom. and a earth to chassis and to engine. thats the battery

then all the other earths, 2 in dash,one at rear,one to the gearbox to chassis and few more

chug1106
04-03-11, 08:23 AM
right looked this morning and its the relay in the middle of the row of 3. its got a black and white with green spot wire coming out of it, is this indicators?would this be buzzin if none of the lights are connected? nor is the headlight switch in?

iceni
04-03-11, 11:03 AM
Sounds like the flasher relay, if you pull it out it should be a three pin unit.

I shouldn't be buzzing but if the lamps are not connected then just check the connectors are not shorting out.

Failing that swap it out for a new one

Andy

chug1106
04-03-11, 12:29 PM
sorted mate,thanks anyway

it was cause the hazard switch was turned on,and no lights connected