PDA

View Full Version : Pics of Harness plates

thedjse
02-03-11, 10:45 PM
Anyone got any pics of where they have welded there Harness bolts in???

Thanks

mk1nova_rich
02-03-11, 11:10 PM
they want to go underneath the car, with holes drilled through the shell. One of the eyebolts screws straight into the seatbelt rail hole. The other side wants a spreader plate directly opposite in the exhaust tunnel. If you have 5/6 point harnesses then a plate/two plates underneath the floor below the seat then the rear fixing points somewhere under the rear seat part of the shell

mk1nova_rich
02-03-11, 11:11 PM
The rear seatbelt anchor points can be used for one of the straps then fit a plate in line with the other strap

thedjse
02-03-11, 11:16 PM
Thanks for the advice matey its a 3 point Haness going in the car, so im going to use the bolt hole near the door, then the rear seat belt holes for the rear and i was thinking just welding it to the inside of the tunnel does it need to go under the car???

mk1nova_rich
02-03-11, 11:20 PM
the idea of the plates is that even if the weld fails the plate pulls against the shell which stops it going anywhere in an impact so its supposed to go underneath. You may find that it will be better to weld a plate in for the rear point as well as the existing hole is not in line with the centre of the seat :thumb:

thedjse
02-03-11, 11:24 PM
the idea of the plates is that even if the weld fails the plate pulls against the shell which stops it going anywhere in an impact so its supposed to go underneath. You may find that it will be better to weld a plate in for the rear point as well as the existing hole is not in line with the centre of the seat :thumb:

Cheers matey appreciate it, any pics of yours???

mk1nova_rich
02-03-11, 11:29 PM
I havnt done mine yet pal, need to get cage and seat rails in first :)

Mark
02-03-11, 11:58 PM
Custom cages site..

http://www.customcages.co.uk/Rollcage/LoadRollCage.castle?manufacturer=Vauxhall&model=Nova&type=Multipoint

In the 4th pic you can see most of the places they used.

autograss_racer
03-03-11, 01:07 AM
I race with a 3 point "bolt in" harness - not the best I know but I'm not in a very high-speed sport really...

One bolt in the hole in the sill where the belt normally goes, one bolt in where the belt buckle normally goes, and one in the rear pretty much directly behind drivers seat, I think it's a rear belt buckle bolt hole.... Just used the original bolts as they are nice fine thread, with spacers to help spread load, and made sure I was happy I'd turned through plenty of threads, I think I might have even torqued them up, can't be too careful really.

Mazz
03-03-11, 04:56 PM
This is mine, nut on a spreader plate welded underneath

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y191/mrmazz/Nova/Image018.jpg