PDA

View Full Version : PV2003 Report

Jim
15-06-03, 05:33 PM
Well, it's 5pm (ish) and I've just got back from PV03.

I thought it was a cracking day. Many thanks to Breeny for giving us a lift to and from the show :)

Day started early with Breeny picking me up at 6:45 (ish ;)). Waited around at MK coach station for a few minutes whilst another half dozen or so Novas turned up in convoy. Made our way to PV and got there by about 8am.

Once we got to the stand there were already a couple of cars. We found that the area designated to us was a lot bigger than we though, so we spent about an hour and a half shuffling people about into some kind of order. Eventually we had a kinda "horse-shoe" shape of Novas with 5 Novas in the middle. djp_y2k's (Yellow Beast) was centre of the stand - but back to that in a mo. Once everyone was all parked up we then went around the stalls and watched some racing.

Much to my dissapointment Dan (Admin Bouncer) had already done his 3 runs for the day before I had a chance to get the camcorder out :( Whats even more annoying is that he beat my time :x :P :wink: Dan managed to get 14.9 as his quickest time of the day. CP was tearing it up the strip. Managed to get a couple of 15.0, but the hot weather was affecting the car. Couple of other peeps on the stand took there cars up the strip (apologies, but I didn't get any times from the other peeps).

Much water drinking and Ice cream eating later and the show was still going strong. Still lots of peeps going up the strip. A Cavalier drag car nearly crashed into the barrier a couple of times, but he managed to control it by getting off the throttle and coasting half the way down. Ironically he still put in a 12sec 1/4mile LOL.

Back at the stand djp_y2k's car was attracting a lot of attention. I think everyone had a good look round the car and it is very impressive. Massive thanks to djp_y2k (Dan) for coming up from Devon to show it off. Fingers crossed he gets home ok :) The interior wasn't finished, but it's going to be just as impressive as the oustide.

Other than that there were lots of modified Vauxhalls. Strangley PVD had a stand and a Marquee selling bits & bobs. Funnily enough they had 2 security gaurds incase any unhappy customers came along...I wonder why that might be? ;)

Thanks to everyone that attended, especially Aragorn that came all the way down from Scotland and had the mis-fortune of having to stay at Mike Oxfords house overnight :p

I really enjoyed the day. Was good to meet up with everyone. Even had a laugh with Ian :o ;) Pictures and vids to come soon.

Jim

P.S. Hopefully my car will be ready for next year :)

hotdogs_r_us
15-06-03, 05:36 PM
Sounds brill day.
I will have to come next year :wink:

RobHardyUK
15-06-03, 05:42 PM
Was a amazing day!!!! I loved it, best car meet i ever been to! by a huge margin!!! will def go next year. loved it. convoy was good, my car was running well, all went well. Took 250 pictures!!!!!! will put them on my fotki account later!!!!! so u can all view! Also have some vids if ur interested!!! (some will prob b over ten mb). Gr8 day chaps. MAJOR MAJOR SUNBURN THO!!!

RobHardyUK
15-06-03, 05:53 PM
i lied, itsbout 190. but still! :D just gotta wait for a few months for it to upload onto pc, let alone the net

hotdogs_r_us
15-06-03, 06:00 PM
Cant wait to see pics n vids :wink:

RobIsGrt18
15-06-03, 06:40 PM
sounds wicked........gutted i had to miss it due to work comitments!! few of my m8's went and said they enjoyed it altho they left at 1 cos it was "too hot" (pussys)!!

RobHardyUK
15-06-03, 06:50 PM
lmao, i left ealier than some, but not much by sounds of it... left bout 3.45 - 4. was very hot tho. gr8 day. pics are uploadin now, will inform off url when i got it!

JonL
15-06-03, 06:53 PM
I went too, first time taking my nova to a show, the quality of cars on display was well high, its certainly promted me to get my arse into gear and do some more wort on it. Loved Breeny's car looks sooo nice, and the door hadles, what are they from? Got some vids and pics, might upload them later when i sort them out. Had a good look at the Red Sr on twin 40s, was waiting for the owner to come along to ask about it but they didn't appear (i have a nice vid of your engine bay if you want it ;) ) All in all a wickeed day out :D

TUBZGSXR
15-06-03, 07:51 PM
yea it was a wicked day, my 1st PV show, saw sum very quick novas on the strip, one orange turbo in particular pulled off a low 13sec time i think it was 13.2! a tatty lookin pale blue nova beatin a skooby up the strip caused a big cheer to! sum wicked motors! great day, definaltey goin next yr!
i realy want a valver now........ :D
and my arms an face are burnt.. :cry:
tubz

Dan
15-06-03, 07:57 PM
Top day :D :D :D :D :D very nice weather, too bloody hot really. again a good show of cars and a big thanks again to those who travelled a long way. soz if i didnt catch everyone but i was to busy jamming my results in jims direction :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: i even didnt eat to much as mr storey did an excellent job of imitating my eating habits right from 7.30am onwards :wink: . Oh and we cant forget the costant banter and abuse which kept the day rolling with some laughter. (luv ya really tilly :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: )

RobHardyUK
15-06-03, 07:59 PM
yea it was a wicked day, my 1st PV show, saw sum very quick novas on the strip, one orange turbo in particular pulled off a low 13sec time i think it was 13.2! a tatty lookin pale blue nova beatin a skooby up the strip caused a big cheer to! sum wicked motors! great day, definaltey goin next yr!
i realy want a valver now........ :D
and my arms an face are burnt.. :cry:
tubz

lol, that was good that one wher it beat the subaru wernt it. (sorry mickyyyyy :D )

Scooby as expected got grip at start, but the bloody nova cam back over took and pulled away!!! was brill. wish i had recorded tht 1!!

Jules
15-06-03, 08:32 PM
It was a top day, very hot and I'm now very sunburnt on my face and chest which stings like hell, but it was worth it.
Some of you may of seen me, I was the one with short dark spikey hair with a big blonde streak straight down the middle.
Anyway, Breeny your car RoXoRs!!! Love the Ronal turbo rims on it, look's sweeetttt. Loads of top notch cars there on all different stands.
All in all a excellent show, looks like PV is gonna keep getting bigger and bigger!!! :D

Tilly
15-06-03, 08:57 PM
. Oh and we cant forget the costant banter and abuse which kept the day rolling with some laughter. (luv ya really tilly :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: )

i get use to it good job i can take it really. U know i'll get ya bak one day Dan :roll: :lol:

was a really good day my first time to an event like this and was amazed at how friendly SOME people were (*cough* DAN).

techie
15-06-03, 09:18 PM
Yeah I actually talked to you Tilly :)

Was a good day, nice to meet up with everyone, everyone doing Billing?

Rick Draper
15-06-03, 09:22 PM
Gutted i missed it but i had to work. Sounds like it was a good turnout from novaload which is nice. I had the missfortune of going out last night and managing to get my fucking nose broken :o which was not so nice. Aiming to have my car back in one piece for trax though. Rick

brian
15-06-03, 09:27 PM
same as that rick, hate to have missed it but no choise as i'm in the U.S. it was excellent last year and judging by robs pictures this year was just as good if not better.
I'm back just before Trax and am aiming to make it too :D

dan16v
15-06-03, 09:50 PM
yea was a good one! shame my car wasnt done! i think i saw you tilly not sure if it was you tho so didnt say nowt! was when mike was getting sum pixs taken of his red/pink nova on the novaload stand?, as usual some cars were good some were shite, but at least we had the good ones! breenys and chris ts were well nice!

Anton
15-06-03, 10:11 PM
was a great day, travelled in a convoy of 40+ cars

sunburnt to fcuk

but all round awesome day

Snowface
15-06-03, 10:12 PM
That was a wicked day. Hot as hell. The nova that did it in 13.2 was going well. Think he hit 108mph at end.

The Black Vauxhall Magnum was one of the fastest. Crossing the finish line at 124mph! He almost lost the back end on the 2nd run, perhaps diff driver.

And the white Astra GTE that was the first race of the day did it in 12-13 i think, he was doing 112mph.

i didn't realise djp_y2k was from devon, where bouts in Devon?

RobHardyUK
15-06-03, 10:12 PM
didnt c ur car there? which forum did u go with? corsasport?

Anton
15-06-03, 10:14 PM
went with loads of people from my area and parked in the car park like a commener! :lol:

dan16v
15-06-03, 10:14 PM
yea that lug16v is fast any one got any gen on bhp hes running?
and that new corsa with a let was well noisey!

RobHardyUK
15-06-03, 10:15 PM
went with loads of people from my area and parked in the car park like a commener! :lol:

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo i see. i was acutally looking to see if ur car was bout, got bit confuesed then :) glad u had a gud day 2

redbristolnova
15-06-03, 10:18 PM
It was my first time and I thought it was great. I hope to have my car in the stand next year, if its finished. Could'nt ave been a better day for it.

I spoke too a bloke about his fat chromed role cage and he said a bloke over by the strip makes and sells them. I couldnt see (Which was a bit of a bugger) So if anyone can help me out, I'dd be very happy? :lol:

Snowface
15-06-03, 10:29 PM
that new corsa with a let was well noisey

Did you see the white corsa with someting like CorsaVaux written on the side in a black circle. That was preety quick.

And the Corsa that made crap loads of noise, something fell off it halfway down the strip, looked like a cable or something.
It didn't stop it though, and i don't think many people noticed it fell off, it slid along the track. Was about 10.30 it happened.

Nice to see a load of Nova's beating the Corsa's. :D

avon_nova
15-06-03, 10:33 PM
Did anyone get a pic of me goin up the strip?

Silver/grey C reg Gsi shape with white wheels, was on the Novaload stand later in the day?

Best of 3 runs i got 14.58@ 94.49mph well happy with that. :D

I want some pics!

redbristol the cage is probably a fearless motorsport one, not cheap, haven't got contact details tho

dan16v
15-06-03, 10:37 PM
cages are bout ?500 iirr dave france (fearless motorsport) post on here so put a post up!

yup that black corsa let was mental! didnt see owt fall off tho! did c it miss fire like fuk once! thought he damaged something then!

loved all the tb'd cars !

Dave
15-06-03, 10:37 PM
an mike left his wallet an most of what he was meant to bring at home!
was a crackin day with some top motors there put a few names to faces an cars
looking forward to the next one when hopefully my car will be out the bodyshop!

Anton
15-06-03, 10:56 PM
here are a few pics. got loads more but too tired to upload them (only slept for 2hrs lol)

tilly and ollster's car

http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=1132

http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=1139

http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=1138

http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=1137

clutch went on the way during the convoy...

http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=1136

http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=1133

http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=1134

http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=1135

RobHardyUK
15-06-03, 11:03 PM
anton ob went to c the vauxhall tigers.

ahem i mean tigras!

elsey197
16-06-03, 12:01 AM
It was a really good day, nice meeting a few of you too ie, CP, Mike Oxford, stugsi and novanutter. And seeing all you cars in the flesh, i especially liked Breeny's turbo :D

ollster
16-06-03, 12:18 AM
tilly and ollster's car
http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=1132

LoL when i first read this i thought me and tilly were part owners of the car, in which case she can help me polish it in the future :P :wink: . Was a very good day, still a bit guttted that i didnt win my class for the best kept car compeition, i knew i should have sabataged that damm white astra :roll:, Ah well i apperaently got second, so i the first loser :cry:. Lookin forward to billing now not long to go

djp_y2k
16-06-03, 08:28 AM
Top day. A lot better than I expected.

LOved breenys nova. Still reckon u should of let me take it home.

Cant wait till the next show.

Ben (lurk75)
16-06-03, 10:16 AM
Yes was a good day, meet a few more and said hello to the very few i already know.

Was funny talking to Dan, i dont think he was excited enough about his times- well done.

Felt a bit out of it as didnt have a Vauxhall there!

Maybe ready for 2005, not sure yet though.

Really wanted to get to talk to Dan (teighnomouth) and CP but missed them both!

Some nice cars about.

Best other vehicle had to be that NOS powered V6 astra Van on PVD was lovely, not normallymy type of thing but very well done.

Thanks To jules for the CD's.

RobHardyUK
16-06-03, 10:41 AM
yeah was amazing!!!!! never seena install like that b4!!

ade
16-06-03, 10:41 AM
wish I'd been able to go - wasnt doing anything this weekend and the missus had fecked off to her suisters so could have - just my cars not too well - need to sort this oil thing out before I even dare drive it.

Sounded like a top day.

Ade

Dicko
16-06-03, 10:44 AM
i spoke to ya tilly :P

Ben (lurk75)
16-06-03, 10:45 AM

So did i

RobHardyUK
16-06-03, 10:46 AM
i didnt, the shyness took place, dnt speak unless spoken to lol :(

Snowface
16-06-03, 11:09 AM
who was the Nova (think it was blue or red) with the scottish flag in the back right window?

It went like the bees nutz.

Ste_Nova
16-06-03, 11:37 AM
lmfao i avoided speakin to any one :lol:

TUBZGSXR
16-06-03, 11:38 AM
yea i think, as far as i remember, that was the one that beat the skooby, very quick! but not as quick as that metalic orange turbo though, Lug16v or sumthin , would luv to no the spec of that! hint hint.......

RobHardyUK
16-06-03, 11:39 AM
i wanna kno the spec of that caviler!!!

Dave
16-06-03, 11:48 AM
which one rob? the gold one with the insane bonnet vents?

Breeny
16-06-03, 03:36 PM
Thanks everyone for the nice comments :oops:

Some nice cars, Brett W's as mint as ever. Dans yellow one even more of a beast in the flesh! One of the very few bodykitted cars i really like, nice one mate!

Me and Chris laffed for a bit when Ste was picking holes in Nick Caros car (he only uses it 3 times a year!! whats the point in that!!) It is a nice car but was most amusing at the time!

Saw Mark Beeson run a 13.5, looked as clean as usual.

Was a bit disapointed to see no one break the 12 second mark on the 1/4, a few cars came close though!

On the whole I think the novaload (and the other stands) had some really quality novas and wide variety too!

Cheers to everyone who made it onto the stand, hope you all had a great day :wink:

mmm Sunburn, nothing quite like it! :|

Ste_Nova
16-06-03, 03:48 PM
Me and Chris laffed for a bit when Ste was picking holes in Nick Caros car (he only uses it 3 times a year!! whats the point in that!!) It is a nice car but was most amusing at the time!

don't even get me started on ur heap :lol:

Ben (lurk75)
16-06-03, 04:00 PM
Was a bit disapointed to see no one break the 12 second mark on the 1/4, a few cars came close though!

So your not counting the blue MK1 cav/ascona that went 11.2 twice?

Tilly
16-06-03, 05:52 PM

couldnt shut u up. lmao

Tilly
16-06-03, 05:54 PM
tilly and ollster's car

LoL when i first read this i thought me and tilly were part owners of the car, in which case she can help me polish it in the future :P :wink: .

haha nice try

stugsi
16-06-03, 06:44 PM
glad to meet everyone sorry didn't speak to anyone much glad mike got to sort out a new engine and for the help he put in my car to make it to PV.

i said hello to tilly too

has anyone got any pics of my car as i was to amazed at the others cars that i forgot bout my own :(

great day apart from the sunburn oh and mike made me laugh as he got sunburn with a nice white necklace mark :lol:

whats next ..........

Jim
16-06-03, 07:42 PM
LOL @ you lot with sunburn...I was offering sun cream, but you all turned it down :roll:

Jim

Aragorn
16-06-03, 09:47 PM
yer it was a great day

thanks to mike o for letting me stay the night

drive home was dodgy tho :o

ended up stopping at carlisle services at about 11pm and sleeping for 4hrs - could barley focus on the road :?

some nice looking motors there - and fuck me some of those were rapid

i felt ashamed with me pathetic 1.0 :oops:

was fun anyway and it was my first ever show so im quite happy it went so well

didnt meet quite as many folk as i would have liked to but hopefully next time will be better

RobHardyUK
16-06-03, 10:14 PM
which one rob? the gold one with the insane bonnet vents?

the silver one that done the 11 second with major backoff. was bloody shockingly fast. i have a vid of a 12 second run it done.

Snowface
16-06-03, 10:57 PM
did anyone see the Gold Carlton on the Total Vauxhall Stand?? i think it was a carlton, might of been a Cav (was heavily modded).
Had a Massive bonnet on. It was an automatic cause the guy had a false leg i think.

Well, if anyone camped Sat night, did you see it revving and then backing off and then Massive fukc off FLAMES coming out the Twin Exhuasts? It was dark at the time and looked (and sounded) awesome. Not sure how he had it hooked up (wether he had a spark plug drilled into the back box) or something.

The car was M I N T.

Ian
16-06-03, 10:58 PM
LOL @ you lot with sunburn...I was offering sun cream, but you all turned it down :roll:

Jim

never offered me u cnut lol

Tilly
16-06-03, 11:01 PM
ur old enough to know better :lol:

crazylaydee
16-06-03, 11:25 PM
Was a good day, great weather lovely cars :)

Didn't get to see Breeny's nova run tho :(

MattyWoo
17-06-03, 12:46 AM

Jim

I had my own :P see... me and you jim are the only ones with any sense!!! everyone else looks like a lobster :D

Jules
17-06-03, 11:31 AM
I had some on but the problem came when I started wiping the sweat off my forehead, I didn't think that I was also wiping the suncream off!!!
Hence my now red forehead!!!
:o

mikeoxford
17-06-03, 12:38 PM

Jim

never offered me u cnut lol

i was just about to reply with a similar repluy

LMAO

quality day

and STUGSI ill be uploading my pics later. best photos i took were off your car my ones never turned out as good :x

ill be putting them uptonight. theres some very good ones of your chrome wheels and dials, dial pic came out VERY well

benji
17-06-03, 05:53 PM
my fave car of the day wasn't a car, It was the totally standard Mk3 astra van with an 2l turbo engine, fantastic :D

YellowTurbo
17-06-03, 11:30 PM
was a great day....first time i had met all the novalaod group...very impressive cars....better than the PNG stand :P

mikeoxford
17-06-03, 11:42 PM
was a great day....first time i had met all the novalaod group...very impressive cars....better than the PNG stand :P

here here

Jules
19-06-03, 12:35 AM
Behave ya self!!! My car was on the PNG stand so there was no contest!!!
Was V impressed with the VSCC stand though - how big?!?! It was huuuuuge!!!!
Think I might go with them next year and get a nice plaque (They wouldn't give me one this year despite being a member - tight buggers!!)
:x

Ben (lurk75)
19-06-03, 04:46 PM
im not suprised with that hair style :o

lmao :lol: :lol: :lol:

locky
19-06-03, 06:03 PM
It was a cracking day out, Bit of a long day, nice 2 meet u all again!
As for sunburn, i got a cracking sockline lmfao!
im gutted i missed Dan on the 1/4 mile run, but i knew he was cheuffed when he parked back up n shouted, "im F*****g well happy" (or words similar 2 that!)
All in all a gr8 day hope 2 c u all at Billing, il be there just the sat nite, well, prob from midday!

Ben (lurk75)
19-06-03, 06:16 PM
anything being done for tickets to billing by any admin? cause i am sooo fucking lazeee!!!

Jules
21-06-03, 09:45 PM
im not suprised with that hair style :o

lmao :lol: :lol: :lol:

My hair rules.......
....and you know it!!!!
:o :D :rainbowa:

Ben (lurk75)
24-06-03, 11:01 PM
lol it did come in dead handy when trying to identify you, so yeah pretty cool.