PDA

View Full Version : abit of advise

AdamK
02-03-11, 08:27 PM
Bought a gsi bumper off ebay with very limited description something along the lines of "genuine gsi bumper just needs painting due to side repair".

It got deliverd to my house today and when i opened it i was shocked to find it was no were near as good as it looked in the picture.

Hes dogs had a munch on it (on the inside so it doesnt really bother me but still thats not the point) the support/struts in the middle of the bumper half of them are snapped off and a few missing. The damaged area isnt on the side as said in the advert it is all along the bottom of the bumper, looks asif its been driven into a curb and has been badly repaired with filler.

I paid 80 for the bumper and 25 delivery so it wasnt asif it was a cheap one and im not a happy bunny to say the least.

Normally i go into situations like this hot headidly but im hoping to get a refund for the bumper so i dont want to make things worse.

Iv sent an email to him saying the bumper wasnt as described and i want a full refund including the courier charges or he will be reported to ebay for not correctly describing the damage.

I know this sort of thing happens alot and was just looking for abit of advise really.

nova_saloon
02-03-11, 08:30 PM
cooooor 105 on a bumper and it was chewed by a dog. that sucks!

Connor
02-03-11, 08:30 PM
You payed how much :eek:
I would be asking for a refund fella

TeddyThom
02-03-11, 08:31 PM
You are in luck. Paypal usually favours the buyer. Sometimes you don't even need proof.

Andy
02-03-11, 08:42 PM
Whats the sellers name?? another one for the avoid list i think!

AdamK
02-03-11, 09:16 PM
thought it was in good nick is why i paid that much for it and i will get the sellers name when i speak to my grandad next aas its hes paypal and ebay i use so dont have access to any info like that atm still not heard anything back from him yet.

blue_peg_16v
02-03-11, 09:30 PM
get a paypal dispute opened

AdamK
02-03-11, 10:04 PM
Yea i will do hopefully he gets back to me as would much rather sort something out between us saves the hastle but i supose hes then free again to keep selling his **** to other people

marc69
02-03-11, 10:11 PM
I have had mixed purchases from ebay but since paying through paypal, I have seen a huge inprovement. The last car I bought had seized brakes, a rear wheel bearing and other probs. The seller sold it as in excellent mechanical order.
He gave me a substantial refund but I did have to get ebay to intervene as it was going to get nasty.

marc69
02-03-11, 10:12 PM
so it is worth going through the channels

NovaBoi92
02-03-11, 10:18 PM
if the item is different to as it was described then its likely it will come out in your favour :)

Mazz
02-03-11, 10:20 PM
I assume it was this one :

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vauxhall-Nova-Genuine-Gsi-Front-Bumper-/300530429127?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item45f9026cc7

Looks ok in the pic, but a very vague description.. :(

Jack
02-03-11, 10:25 PM
You can see in the pic some of the spars in the opening (I wanted to say "gash" lol) are broken, and as said the description is simple at best. Its listed at used so tbh its a tough one to call, however as said ebay usually side with buyers so you'll probably get a full refund lol

AdamK
02-03-11, 10:30 PM
Yea it is that one looking at it again i dont even think its the one iv recieved!! in that pic it looks silver but the one i recieved was silk violet with primer all over it! i will get some pics up ina sec

brainsnova
02-03-11, 10:46 PM
I only buy from 100% feedback and if he's a dick about it then ask for the return address then you know which door to knock on.