PDA

View Full Version : wiring for 2.0 8v conversion

ashurst74
02-03-11, 08:44 AM
hi again, still got problems getting my head around wiring up the 2.0 8v, the car was originally a 1.2i, so it has got its own ecu in the n/s of car, what do i do with this ?, read the thread on this site to wire up the engine , but no mention of the original ecu(presume this was a carb model).the loom i've got off the astra will not reach the n/s footwell,it will have to go on the o/s/

hhheeeellllpppp!!!!!

:confused: :confused: :confused:

iceni
02-03-11, 09:50 AM
First of all you need to remove the 1.2 ecu from the dash. From there on it depends how you are with electrics.

I've done a simaliar thing with an XE conversion. Removed the old ecu and bracket and the chased back all the old 1.2 wiring and removed it for the car, nothing worse than unused wiring.

Have now fitted the XE ecu in the same place and have the engine loom going into the bay via the same hole as the rest on the wiring.

Its not a hard job as long as you like and understand wiring, i'll see if i can get somes pics tonight.

Pitty your not closer as it would only take a few hours to solve

Cheers
Andy

ashurst74
02-03-11, 09:57 AM
thanks andy, i'm not normally bad with electrics, but this has got me thinking ??, so did you un wrap the loom , fit the new ecu and plug, then extend the wiring to meet the loom in the engine bay ?
did the colours match up ?

cheers
jo