PDA

View Full Version : front of floor pan info please

total_vauxhall
01-03-11, 11:20 PM
right so i have just finished my nova xe build after 5 years on and off.
when i got the shell it had a couple of holes in he floor on pas and drivers side in the front ( usual places around the rubber plugs and along were the stiffner underneath is welded on were water had been held . any way i cut the patches out and did the rapairs . but now the car is finished im not that happy with the floor as the car is stripped out and you can see were the plates are . so have any of you ever cut both side fronts out completely and redone the floor with a nice new sheet . if so let us know if it was a chew ect . as i say the floor is 100% solid now but the car looks realy tidy inside apart from these 2 plates ether side welded o the floor.:thumb:

mk1nova_rich
01-03-11, 11:25 PM
put some floormats or carpet in, but stuck to the floor so they dont move

total_vauxhall
01-03-11, 11:34 PM
had to put carpet in at the mo mate but its a track car build so the carpet looks sh1t got all carbon foot plates ect to go down but they dont cover it and im not bolting them onto of a carpet cos then it will look super sh1t lol. should have done the job right when i got the shell realy but never did , one of those things the only way how it will look right is to remove both sides of the front floor and build a new one i think im not in any rush like will do for a couple of track days as it is but im just not happy with it its bugging me lol

mk1nova_rich
01-03-11, 11:38 PM
if you have just finished the car after 5 years, do you REALLY want to strip it back and spend hours cutting, welding, grinding painting etc just to cover a few seams of weld and a couple of plates?!

Seriously, get some carpets made up that just fit between the exhaust tunnel and sills, so only the floor is covered. Won't look bad if you use decent stuff

total_vauxhall
01-03-11, 11:50 PM
if you have just finished the car after 5 years, do you REALLY want to strip it back and spend hours cutting, welding, grinding painting etc just to cover a few seams of weld and a couple of plates?!

Seriously, get some carpets made up that just fit between the exhaust tunnel and sills, so only the floor is covered. Won't look bad if you use decent stuff
yea true didnt think of just using strips of carpet tbh leave it with me il get some made up and post some pics . that was the thing with the nova carpet i havnt fitted the plastics down the inner sill ect so carpets just hangin down all over and what have you . i know a place that makes carpet to any shape for motorhomes ect so ill get some temps made up for them and have some made:thumb:

bazil
02-03-11, 09:30 AM
A totaly pointless job IMO

Replacing the full forward floorpan is not a small job, if you are that unhappy with your repairs then cut them out and do a better job of it.

total_vauxhall
02-03-11, 06:23 PM
its not the fact im not happy with the repair as a repair it looks very tidy i just dont like fact the floor has a repair . im a time served welder / fabricator
and in thats sort of job you dont normaly start patching things up it just a case of take it out and make a new one. so the fact that i have a big patch on my car floor that is perfect baring this patch was bugging me thats all.
new small carpets getting made now so ill see how they look when i collect em.