PDA

View Full Version : Fitting sr dials

leeroch
01-03-11, 09:41 PM
I want to change the standard non rev counter clocks for sr ones with rpm, oil and volt guages. What is the easiest way to fit them? Do I need to remove the dash? Will it plug in an work or will I need to wire the extra guages in? Any help would be appreciated.

mk1nova_rich
01-03-11, 09:44 PM
Have you got a Mk1 or Mk2 dash? Mk1 clocks prise out carefully... then the green wire taped up to the 12 pin plug goes onto the spade fitting on the back of the rev counter. The blue wire goes onto the spade on the back of the oil pressure gauge.

The rev counter should work straight away with no other work, the oil gauge depends on what engine you have fitted... You may need to fit a twin-type sender from an SR/GTE and wire it in for it to work

mowgli
01-03-11, 09:45 PM
you pull the gauges out & fit the 6 dial version... but you need to run a wire from the coil (some have it fitted in the loom with the ends folded over) and a second wire for the oil pressure sender, which needs swapping to a 2 terminal type.(again, some have the wire fitted for this too)

mk1nova_rich
01-03-11, 09:46 PM
As far as I know Mowgli, or from my experience anyway the green wire is always there... the blue is also there on mine (originally a 1.0 loom) its usually just a case of finding them in the loom if they have been taped back

May depend on model year rather than spec?!

Iain
01-03-11, 10:01 PM
The green revcounter wire isn't always in the loom.