PDA

View Full Version : Machining Head - Anyone with Twin 40's ?

tay
15-06-03, 03:49 PM
What would be a good specification to get my standard GTE head machined/bored out to ?

I'm gonna take the head off and take it down to my local engine rebore place but don't know what to actually ask em :oops: I have Twin 40's on it and a Piper 285 Fast Road/Rally cam so i want something to work well with them. Has anyone else had this done or have they just gone somewhere like Blydenstein cos I'm hoping to get the same sort of spec but cheaper !!!

Cheers

CP
16-06-03, 07:17 PM
Save your pennies and get Blydenstein to fit larger valves and re- work your head known as B+ Pack.
Check you have good compression and the bores arent badly worn first.
Fit a pressure regulator to control fuel pressure down to about 3.5 psi
Go to Wilshers Garage at Wimpole nr Cambridge for expert help on tuning T40's when done.

mikeoxford
17-06-03, 12:15 PM
im running a B+ head and noticed a CONSIDERABLE improvement!

as for a fuel pressure regulator, what psi does a standard manual 1.6 fuel pump run? as i hgave never bothtered with a fuel pressure reg and am thinking i need to

Dicko
17-06-03, 03:17 PM
i think you only need pressure reg if u have injection tank+pump

tay
21-06-03, 06:42 PM
ok cheers how much does he charge for the B+ then ? doesn't he do a B ++ or something as well ?

mikeoxford
21-06-03, 06:50 PM
ok cheers how much does he charge for the B+ then ? doesn't he do a B ++ or something as well ?

i have a receipt here for ?534.00 for my B+ head in feburary 4th of this year

but i paid a fraction of that for it (TINY! - when i see receipt i scare myself!) :lol: and got it checked by billy b for free :D