PDA

View Full Version : Vauxhall Nova Twin Headlights

simplesimon
15-06-03, 02:49 PM
I have recently bin in a crash and ruined my drivers wing and my Vauxhall Nova Twin Headlights, I have bought a new drivers wing for ?16.99 Brand New (Bargain) but my Vauxhall Nova Twin Headlights are expensive to replace, anyone know any contacts or has one? I will pay well, please reply want my car looking as it did. Crashing my Nova has really hurt me.

Will show pics of my crash later tonight (around 6pm)

simplesimon
15-06-03, 04:55 PM
Here is a pic:

[/img]http://www.smscworld.co.uk/MyNova.jpg

When I say I need Vauxhall Nova Twin Headlights I mean the front facia (as you can see) all the lights still work and not cracked at all.

Hope someone can help.

PS: All help will be most appreciated.

simplesimon
15-06-03, 04:56 PM
Sorry here's the image - got the IMG tags the wrong way round.

http://www.smscworld.co.uk/MyNova.jpg

Freak
15-06-03, 05:01 PM
ouch

irmscher twin lamps- v rare and v pricey

good luck!

simplesimon
15-06-03, 06:35 PM
Thanks, but I really do need some help guys, a fews contacts or web sites for that front facia. My grill, lights etc. is a ok, it's just the plastic, which I think is ABS.

:cry:

Freak
15-06-03, 08:14 PM
I have the original part numebr for that model and the one with the 'i' badge in the middle from my irmschwer catalogue- but its no longer available.

Best get the filler out

:(

Jules
15-06-03, 08:50 PM
Like Freak says, you'll have to be the luckiest man in all of 'luckton village, spawnchester' to find someone selling just the plastic surrond for those Irmscher lights 2nd hand!!!
Best idea would be to go to a bodyshop that can plastic weld and ask them to try and repair it, doesn't look like it'll be too hard to do.
:(

simplesimon
16-06-03, 11:35 AM
Freak wha is the part number? and how much was it gonna cost to buy if it was still available? All info will help me.

NB: I'm no good at filling :( I can add kits etc. but when it comes to knocking out dents or filling - no chance :(

Chris LR
16-06-03, 08:16 PM
You need to find a plastical engineering company.....

They'll probably make a mould from the front of the n/s, make a copy and add bits out of view to make it fit, flip it around and join it in place.

I don't know of anywhere that could do it tho....

Ste_Nova
17-06-03, 11:22 AM
easy repair job for a good body shop

do you have the parts that broke off??

a guy at the png weekend last year had a full brand new set unpainted for ?400

demon tweeks can sell u the lamps for ?38ish each

simplesimon
17-06-03, 11:38 PM
Dont have the broken parts :(

To ste_sa = Don't need lamps, all my lamps work, just need the plastic front facia. I might have to look around body shops around my area (midlands) and see if they can fill it for me.

bennybull
20-06-03, 07:29 PM
try this link, i dont know if they'll sell the panel separate from the lights

http://www.quadconversions.com/Vauxhall_Nova_new_TwinHeadlights.htm

hope it helps!

novacabrio
21-06-03, 07:17 PM
Ive got a plastic surround make me an offer, not desprite to get rid bcoz i will use it on my spide but if the price is right then consider it yours, you can collect it from vboa if you want. Its the same as yours with out the i.