PDA

View Full Version : my 1.2i is being tempremental

Nova-Flair
15-06-03, 01:06 PM
my engine usually runs sweet as a nut, i generally dont cane it about (i neva have it over 3k rpm) but recently it just wants to try and cut out at random times. there are sometimes i go to start it and it fires up hits 1k then then just loses all its power then cuts out but usually when i give it a few revs for 10 seconds or so it usually sorts it. but it will someimtes try and cut out when im driving round as well.

whats wrong with my poor little engine?

jatinder
15-06-03, 01:24 PM
Take out the spark plugs an clean them up also try changing your rotor arm, dizzy cap, and leads, also fuel filter which is just near the petrol tank on the drivers sideif they havent been done before nows a good time to do them 8) it doesnt cost that much, or maybe it needs a good canning??

SKoob
15-06-03, 04:11 PM
sounds like the same kinda problem I was having, cud be the brake servo seal gone

ade
16-06-03, 10:37 AM
why would the brake servo seal affect the engine cutting out?

Surely that would affect the brakes...

Injection model? check all injector bits - sensors etc...

if it was the carb I'd say clean carb/jets etc as mine used to do this - turned out to be fuel pump.

Ade

Aragorn
16-06-03, 06:25 PM
if it was me i'd chuck some redex in and take it out for a good caneing

never taking the engine over 3k is not really that good for it, it will get all clogged up with shite

this happened to dicko iirc - his sister or sumamt had a 1.2i corsa (same engine) and it started running crap - he filled it with optimax and took it out for a blast - chucked about 4 tonnes of black smoke out and then ran sweet after that

brake servo seal could cause a manifold air leak which would mean it wouldnt run very well

SKoob
17-06-03, 12:15 AM
thanx was worried i was probs talking utter b***x :oops:

dave.gsi
17-06-03, 12:19 AM
don't think the brake servo makes to much difference, i ran an sr for a month with a knackered servo unit and a knackered non return valve in the servo pipe, the engine was fine (revs rise ever so slightly when the brakes are released) had to use both feet to slow the car from motorway speeds though lol :lol:

SKoob
17-06-03, 12:20 AM
my car used to cut out because off it, was getting really annoying, if i floored it it wud stop :oops: