PDA

View Full Version : My car dies on way to PV2003...

Neil.
15-06-03, 09:59 AM
yep, me car is dead, head gasket gone, warped engine and everything, felt like it was gonna blow up.

Happend at 5.45am, pulled up on sholder next to the services between junction 21 / 21a, just got home, 10am.
Truely has spoilt our day.
I apolagise to Rob Hardy for not being able to give him his stand pass and to mike oxford for not being able to clean his car with my stuff.

Pictures coming 2morow.

Well these things happen and they always happen to me.

Anyone got a 2.0l 16v going spare?

Neil
:cry: :x

jatinder
15-06-03, 11:11 AM
Thats really unlucky mate oh well make most of the sunshine dont worry bout the car 8)

?Marty?
15-06-03, 02:55 PM
Fuck, that's a fucker. Sorry to hear that mate.

Keep your head up!

Jim
15-06-03, 05:12 PM
Sorry to hear that :(

Just for the record, Rob managed to get on the stand eventually and Mike cleaned his car on his own.

Jim

RobHardyUK
15-06-03, 05:55 PM
yep, me car is dead, head gasket gone, warped engine and everything, felt like it was gonna blow up.

Happend at 5.45am, pulled up on sholder next to the services between junction 21 / 21a, just got home, 10am.
Truely has spoilt our day.
I apolagise to Rob Hardy for not being able to give him his stand pass and to mike oxford for not being able to clean his car with my stuff.

Pictures coming 2morow.

Well these things happen and they always happen to me.

Anyone got a 2.0l 16v going spare?

Neil
:cry: :x

Hey mate, no worrys, as jim said i got on the stand, and its not your fault. thats well gay man, well sorry to hear that :( of all the times it could happen aswell.

joeczucha
15-06-03, 08:14 PM
bad luck mate, always happens like that mine got hit and wrote off on the way to MK :evil: :evil: ah well good luck fixing it up J

Mel
15-06-03, 09:53 PM
sorry to hear that mate..hope you get it fixed soon

Chris LR
15-06-03, 09:56 PM
Very Unlucky, Did it go in a big way, mine did when it went at 80mph... Very scary

Dave
15-06-03, 10:58 PM
wondered why you weren't there neil

Fester
15-06-03, 11:05 PM
harsh

RobHardyUK
15-06-03, 11:13 PM
member to post the pics mate!

onephatnova
16-06-03, 07:32 AM
sorry mate - unlucky... hope ya get sorted soon. :)

mine was being a bit temperamental on the way too, but luckily it was just a minor thing that happens when it gets hot. and it was also lucky that i was with a load of people that know loads about cars. Thanx for helpin guys (cant remember all yer names :oops: ) using the screw-driver to get the initial spark worked a treat :)

oh and Neil, you were askin about a 2.L 16V... remember i've still got Blu-Baby2.0... i know its only an 8V, but it is quick... and for sale at ?850.

wisewood
16-06-03, 02:38 PM
He'll not wanna get rid of his whole car, just his engine. He has spent too much time and money on the look of his to swap it now.

Gutted for ya neil, i really am!!!
still, makes way for bigger and better things and at least it didnt happen while you had no job mate!!!

Neil.
16-06-03, 07:05 PM
pics are up on the other post.