PDA

View Full Version : C16 Xe Help

Rob
27-02-11, 08:05 PM
Copied from spuds post in my wip thread

No pics as we havent visually done anything apart from put more fuel in it and try firing it up to no avail, swapped the fuel lines round as we werent sure if they were correct, and when we undid the one which was abviously the flow, it was pressured up and sprayed fuel everywhere for a few seconds.

Nipped them back up and went through the rigmorall of connecting the jump pack to the battery (in the boot) turning the master electric switch on (just behind where the seats will be) turning on the fuel pump, and turned it over, and over,and over, and still nothing.

Before Rob gave up i moved him out of the way and tried the key again, when the engine coughed, spluttered for a second and then died with a hiss and a pop, kind of like how you get when a carb misfires out of the top.

This was more than we had happen all afternoon, i tried the key again and it fired into life, went straight to full throttle and sat there bouncing off the limiter:eek:

Turned of the ignition and pulled the keys out, and it was still sat on the limiter, turned off the main electrics and fuel pump, still on the limiter:eek:

Rob ripped the jump pack off, and disconnected the battery, still on the limiter and getting massively worried now, couldnt think how to turn it off and was awaiting the BANG as it let go, then it came to me, YOINK, i ripped the flow fuel line out of where it joins the last section to the fuel rail, big spray of fuel all over and it finally died thank fook!

So this clarifies that its not immobilised or a chipped key so thats all good but why the hell did it go straight to limiter and nearly destroy itself, the bodies havent been touched and were still bolted up when rob got it from colin, all he had to do was put the airbox thing back on, very confused as to this, we know it runs now but jesus we were both rattling like a pair of smackheads once it had cut out lol

Adam
27-02-11, 09:03 PM
Engine details? What is it? C16 on bodies? What management?

Anyway, youve got a big airleak, because its drawing air in bypassing the throttles, enough air to sit it at 6.5k rpm....

Spudly
27-02-11, 09:18 PM
Sorry for lack of details Adam, its on steinmetz bodies with std management iirc.

Where would we need to look for an air leak, me and Rob are both new to the world of injection/throttlebodies lol

AlexW
27-02-11, 09:21 PM
Best thing is to use WD40/carb cleaner, Spray it around the TB's. Wait for the revs to drop, Presuming the TBs are actually closing.

Adam
27-02-11, 09:25 PM
Its never going to run amazing on standard management, i remember Robb Lee's drove worse and was slower than on the standard inlet with a powerbox/lexmaul.

But anyway, check the bodies are closing, how do they sort idle control out? Do they have a idle motor like the original inlet? Or a stop screw on the bodies?

shed-on-wheels
27-02-11, 09:35 PM
if all bodies were closed id say masive air leak after the bodies check all gaskets and try tighten everythig up fella

Rob
20-03-11, 02:59 PM
right final chance for this before it goes up for sale,found the air leak to be injectors 1,2,and 4 wasnt even pushed in to the bodies :confused: so re-fitted them all to the fuel rail and pushed back into place,while doing this i found a thick black wire with red stripe dangling next to the starter motor so after looking at my xe one i assumed this connected to the starter motor so ive done that and now nothing.All shes doing is turning over,deffo fuel at the rail and i,m out of ideas CAN ANYONE HELP PLEASE :( :mad:

craig green
20-03-11, 03:08 PM
Simplest thing is to find someone who can look at the motor in person who knows what they are doing with Vauxhall injection engines etc.
It's nothing too hard to sort.

Southie
20-03-11, 03:10 PM
Personally Id sell the dblias bodies and get a mantzel style set up, you'll be more than happy Rob ;)

Rob
20-03-11, 03:23 PM
i would mate but dont want to be putting money into this as its only ment to be a toy lol and Craig i rek thats the best thing to do tbh as it looks like its been wired in be stevie wonder :roll:

Southie
20-03-11, 03:27 PM
For the money you'll get for the dblias will cover a copied Mantzel and you'll have change for fuelling your toy lol

Rob
20-03-11, 03:39 PM
really,how much are they

Southie
20-03-11, 03:41 PM
The copied ones on eBay are now £160 but iirc there's a guy on one of the corsa forums doing them slightly cheaper to a good standard, ask Alex which forum it is :)

You'll need the lower x16xe inlet btw.

Rob
20-03-11, 03:44 PM
well i,m guna try get her running first and once thats sorted and ive had her on the RR depending on the power output i,ll go from there

AlexW
20-03-11, 04:06 PM
Southie :D

Flame don't make them anymore, Cheapest is ebay or to find one used somewhere.

I wish I could help, I wouldn't be so quick to ditch the TB's, they aren't the best setup but in theory should be about the same/more BHP than the powerbox setup.

Rob
20-03-11, 04:17 PM
no probs but do you think i should take that wire back off the starter and try again as thats the only thing ive changed since she fired last time,but tbh i carnt see where else it would go