PDA

View Full Version : downhill

conad
24-02-11, 08:30 PM
i was in my first proper downhill race last weekend (north wales championships) in nant gwrtheyrn. thought id post up 1 of the professional photographers pics for you all to see. il post up my helmet cam video when its uploaded to youtube.

*EDIT* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwtEA2Axao8 Heres the video of my practice run.... not the fastest, and the video gives the track NO justice, the gradient is rediculous!!!

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i49/conad/mee.jpg

Andy
24-02-11, 08:31 PM
Cant wait to see the vid!!!

conad
24-02-11, 08:36 PM
the video is only from 1 of the practice runs (not allowed to film race runs) so theres a lot of stop/start and getting stuck behind people.

Bubba
24-02-11, 09:49 PM
downhill has always impressed me...bike looks like a right weapon too

Lewis.
24-02-11, 09:53 PM
:eek: that looks mental! wheres your parachute? lol

Connor
24-02-11, 10:57 PM
Kona Howler? Awesome machines, What helmet cam setup you using bud?

grooge
24-02-11, 11:07 PM
kona stab i thought?? looks good, couple of my mates race DH. i race xc but have thought about racing dh a few times.

done a couple xc races at innerleithen that are timed as a whole circuit but use the dh courses as the descent and time you on them seperately aswell, so its like 2 races in 1 if you know what i mean.

conad
24-02-11, 11:08 PM
its a kona stab supreme, heavy but bombproof! iv got a gopro HD side mounted to my helmet, its not on that pic though 'cos it was a racerun

grooge
24-02-11, 11:12 PM
thought it was, got a poster in my room of tracy mosely winning world cup at fort william on the same bike!

conad
24-02-11, 11:13 PM
kona stab i thought?? looks good, couple of my mates race DH. i race xc but have thought about racing dh a few times.

done a couple xc races at innerleithen that are timed as a whole circuit but use the dh courses as the descent and time you on them seperately aswell, so its like 2 races in 1 if you know what i mean.

iv ridden innerleithen last summer, the view from the top is amazing! you should get yourself a DH rig and give it a try, ya seem to meet the same people on the uplift days.... real friendly scene

grooge
24-02-11, 11:23 PM
aye, ive just built up a kona stinky to use for more dh orientated stuff as a halfway between xc and a full on dh bike.

i've ridden all the dh courses at innerleithen dozens of times, british champs xc used the dh for the descent (much to the annoyance of the english) and ive ridden a couple courses in the alps aswell. all on my xc race bike, 2.5" front travel and v-brakes!!

done ft william red and half of wc course on it aswell!

Bubba
24-02-11, 11:35 PM
ive always liked the Orange 222, me mate has an Orange Blood...spent almost 4.5k on it...only to snap the headtube

Connor
25-02-11, 01:37 AM
Oops lol, not too specced up on konas, would love to fund a dh bike but there crazy money, looks good though

Bubba
25-02-11, 07:23 AM
http://www.orangebikes.co.uk/bikes/2011/224-evo_world-cup/

NOM! but the price :(

grooge
25-02-11, 09:50 AM
also if your spending big money on a bike, especially if your building it for something specific, you're much more likely to do a custom build which costs even more.

dont think i'd ever buy a whole bike again, just build up my own.

RossRog
25-02-11, 09:52 AM
i need another bike now!

wish i never clicked on the thread..