PDA

View Full Version : projects

shed-on-wheels
23-02-11, 08:35 PM
well it has to be said how many people think they have finished there project but know they have forgot somthing....? Well today i thought new fuel pup i'll take the nova around the block not only did i forget to tighten my steering rack but my mate also forgot to put a nut on the end of the lower arm bolt grrrr

lets here your storys

Novasport
23-02-11, 09:28 PM
Billing 2000, left a hose clip loose and somehow it made an hour and a half journey on its first outing to Billing before it dumped its coolant in style.
It was a v late night the previous day to get it ready so these things happen. Had plenty of beers that night at Billing to chill out.
Here is me just after I fixed it.....
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/NovaSport/B395_ABH___Billing-1.jpg

Andy
23-02-11, 09:30 PM
Is that a reefer or a screwdriver in your hand?? lol

Novasport
23-02-11, 09:36 PM
The former me thinks lol
Tis just a normal cigarette, twas in the days when I used to smoke

Connor
23-02-11, 09:50 PM
I didnt tighten my gear linkage up enough, so popped off on the way home :roll:

shed-on-wheels
23-02-11, 09:59 PM
glad im not the only one and funny that as you say the days we used to smoke i got more things wrong as id stop for a fag and forget where i was lol

Novasport
23-02-11, 10:03 PM
Ah, also did an oil change on the old Sport. About a week later I heard a clunk when reversing off the drive and noticed a nice thick black line up the slabs.
Bloody dealer supplied me the wrong thread oil filter. It tightened up OK but worked itself loose and finally fell off onto the ARB lol
They only had Delphi filters which did not have the thread type printed on it.

shed-on-wheels
23-02-11, 10:10 PM
oh nice lol

MK1_Ben
23-02-11, 10:50 PM
Rebuilding my suspension, in a hurry I might add. Managed to somehow not fit the bumpstops or covers for the dampers. Had to strip and rebuild taking twice as long as if I had taken my time doing it in the first place :)

shed-on-wheels
24-02-11, 02:32 AM
soo the story to that one is make sure you do the job right first time lmao

Hobbit
24-02-11, 04:19 AM
Got a mate to fix bar my 200sx, forgot to tighten up the front wheel nuts lol I could feel the near side wheel go but the car had a flat battery so couldn't beep the horn to warn him. It came off, bounced passed the car towing me and rolled/bounced a couple of hundred yards down the road. I can laugh about it now but it was bloody scary at the time. Also could've been a lot worse if it had hit an oncoming vehicle :eek:

ste porter
24-02-11, 07:13 AM
you boys want to think yourself lucky in all fairness my only mistake like that cost me and a mate 6 points and a 10k nova that wasnt even finished
not 100% what went wrong but either the steering column pinch bolt got over tightened and pulled the threads or it never got done up in the first place

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v65/porter/SV102797.jpg?t=1179862670

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v65/porter/SV102810.jpg?t=1179862717

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v65/porter/SV102811.jpg?t=1179862743

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v65/porter/SV102818.jpg?t=1179862890

full thread storry and pics can be found here (make sure you have half hour for start to finish)
http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76335

comptoncj
24-02-11, 07:37 AM
Ah, also did an oil change on the old Sport. About a week later I heard a clunk when reversing off the drive and noticed a nice thick black line up the slabs.
Bloody dealer supplied me the wrong thread oil filter. It tightened up OK but worked itself loose and finally fell off onto the ARB lol
They only had Delphi filters which did not have the thread type printed on it.

I had this problem, but didnt hear the clunk when it fell off and was thrashing the car made lots of nasty noises when it ran out of oil at 6000rpm then locked the front wheels up :(

Bubba
24-02-11, 07:43 AM
you boys want to think yourself lucky in all fairness my only mistake like that cost me and a mate 6 points and a 10k nova that wasnt even finished
not 100% what went wrong but either the steering column pinch bolt got over tightened and pulled the threads or it never got done up in the first place

:( i remember seeing that.

I forgot gearbox oil after an engine conversion.

shed-on-wheels
24-02-11, 02:16 PM
ouch i remember seeing that red nova project thread dude not good at all

grooge
24-02-11, 02:28 PM
:( i remember seeing that.

I forgot gearbox oil after an engine conversion.

if i hadnt just read that i could have said the same thing very shortly lol

need to go buy some gearbox oil :thumb:

MK1_Ben
24-02-11, 02:30 PM

Just read that, so nasty :( lucky you're alive really.

honie5
24-02-11, 04:04 PM
That's a proper smash that! My brother forgot to put all 4 bolts in the wheel and took it for a test drive only for wheel to come off luckily it got wedged on the arch so still stood so could get it jacked up lucky escape now always check before I test drive lol

tommy8252
24-02-11, 06:38 PM
Got a mate to fix bar my 200sx, forgot to tighten up the front wheel nuts lol I could feel the near side wheel go but the car had a flat battery so couldn't beep the horn to warn him. It came off, bounced passed the car towing me and rolled/bounced a couple of hundred yards down the road. I can laugh about it now but it was bloody scary at the time. Also could've been a lot worse if it had hit an oncoming vehicle :eek:

I did this also. Put some alloys on my old astra just as it was getting dark, girlfriend complaining about being cold so told her to remind me to fully tighten the wheel nuts from being finger tight, needless to say she didn't and I'd forgot. So trip out up my local bypass doing 60-70 horrible knocking from steering decided to pull over and investigate and just as I slowed down the passenger front wheel let go and continued a few hundred feet down the road leaving me to try and stop on one loose wheel and one brake disc.

MK999
24-02-11, 06:48 PM
Either forgot to do them up properly tight or worked loose on my 1.6... gearbox mount bolts, heard a clonk the night before on the way home, couldn't feel anything wrong, had a look round, nothing, set off the next morning for the gear lever to start waving around, limped back home to find my engine trying to escape lol

Best thing was, was setting off to meet a mate, fixed it, text him to say I was gonna be an hour late as I was only just leaving and got the reply "you do realise the clocks went back last night?" er, nope, be there dead on time then lol

shed-on-wheels
25-02-11, 05:47 PM
lol fair play theres some funny stories here in all fairness and some tragic but please keep them coming :D