PDA

View Full Version : engine mounts ASAP PLZ

so1o
14-06-03, 01:51 PM
i need to know the best place to buy engine mounts for a conversion, 2.0 16v in a nova.
need them asap
i need these aswell,
strut brace, top one and bottom one for the front end, and finally driveshafts.

thanks

Ste_Nova
14-06-03, 04:07 PM
make the mounts

use cav mk2 late 1600cc inner cvs

so1o
14-06-03, 09:09 PM
thanks mate,

i dont wanna bother with the headache, got the money so me gonna buy it instead unless you wanna give me more details on how to make them and the driveshafts,

anyone else know where i can buy em?

RobHardyUK
15-06-03, 04:57 AM
www.pvdnet.co.uk

heard crappy stuff bout em tho, but they will have it!!

Ste_Nova
16-06-03, 09:37 AM
where are you based novaaaaaa?

so1o
16-06-03, 09:50 AM
Real far from you, near London

pwburridge
16-06-03, 12:31 PM
If you're a real tight ass then try www.valvers.co.uk they have made some and their cheap- of course they may show it

dan16v
16-06-03, 01:31 PM
yes try the valvers web site there much cheaper and if you get them from pvd your car wont be on the road till next year :lol:

if any ones interested ill be fabing up some f28 mount kits soon :wink:

Ste_Nova
16-06-03, 03:10 PM
the 16v engine doesn't need a kit.. if fitted one in 5 hours the other night and used no supplyed parts.. just an astra and a nova

so1o
16-06-03, 07:01 PM
ste sta man if only we were all experts like u, but then agaain there's me and i dont even know what the hell an engine mount looks like......

basically this is what me is gonna do, tell me if i go wrong anywhere,

1,forget a strengthening kit, load of bollocks for what i heard,waste of money,
2,get mk 2 cav 1600 inner cv's and nova gte shafts, what cav to be precise?any downfalls of using this type of driveshaft and inner cv and not the proper ones made for this conversion?
3,ive got a cavalier gsi on a j plate and a nova gte f reg, my two cars to make one nova 2.0 16v
4,anything else i need?
5,what would u recommend?
whats the best guide on the internet for this conversion,
im really desperate now as some moron hit into the back of me today, totalling my cav gsi not the donor one, my personal use one.
so im lumbered without a ride.
6,ive emailed valvers.com bloke but no reply im still waiting, anywhere else i should try to get hold of the mounts or anything else for that matter that i may need.

dan16v
16-06-03, 09:45 PM
1,forget a strengthening kit, load of b******s for what i heard,waste of money,

not when you see an engine bay which has had a 16v in for a few years! myne had started to de-seam its self! lucky i took the engine out when i did! id personaly weld it! imo

so1o
16-06-03, 11:50 PM
ok u twisted my arm so i will get a strenthening kit, where do i get one from?

mikeoxford
17-06-03, 11:57 AM
well going back to your initial post as no one answered one part of it, supernovas sell a three piece strut brace set. ive got one and would well recommend it. i believe PVD have started to sell the same item also (imported from germany by FK Automotive Engineeeing gor summat)

so1o
17-06-03, 04:13 PM
cheers mike, i think i'll get one of those.

by the way someone quoted my ?140 to gas weld all my cars engine bay plus other bits and bobs, my older brother spoke to them and he said they did it to an astra for a 2.5 v6 lump, worth it or not?

Dicko
17-06-03, 04:23 PM
u have a gte and the supernovas strut set is not suitable for it!!!!!!!

dan16v
17-06-03, 07:55 PM
my bay got seam welded for bout ?50 as i couldnt be arsed to do it myself! id use MIG its alot easyer to do than gas as some areas are a tight fit to get 2!
as for drive shafts i may get the pvd ones as there offering a life time garuntee!

so1o
20-06-03, 05:30 PM
thanks everyone

Ste_Nova
20-06-03, 06:00 PM
as for drive shafts i may get the pvd ones as there offering a life time garuntee!

bit of a twat if ur car is off the road for x weeks waiting for warrenty shafts... when the motorfactor down the road has cav cvs for ?30 each

dan16v
21-06-03, 03:58 PM
yea but im fed up of fuking shitty cvs fuking up! surely if they have a garuntee like that there more than up 4 the job!? but then it is pvd selling them :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

mikeoxford
21-06-03, 05:41 PM
yea but im fed up of fuking shitty cvs fuking up! surely if they have a garuntee like that there more than up 4 the job!? but then it is pvd selling them :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

yeah... youll be waiting a while!