PDA

View Full Version : nova gsi engine

JordyzNova
23-02-11, 06:59 PM
right kinda nova realted LOL,

i have a 1.2 16v corsa on t reg but i am gettin a nova gsi engine on the cheap but i heard you have problem with the drivers mount does anybody know what i use :confused: and the car runs eps will that be affected :wtf:

any help is grateful :thumb:

shed-on-wheels
23-02-11, 07:11 PM
use a late corsa sport 1,4 or 1.6 mount dude and the eps wont be effected aslong as you wire the igniton live from the eps to the new loom also you may need to splice into your old loom and keep your existing ecu aswell as i know on my astra redtop mk4 i had to use one ecu to run the clock but if you get stuck il pm you my number and try help you out along the way fella :)

JordyzNova
23-02-11, 07:51 PM
Okka matey aren't they 16v nd the gsi is 8v right and I thought it was ok to just run an ignition live so you don't have to mess with the eps it will be goin in just before pvs I thinl collect bits like 4branch manifold and full stainlesss etc....can you just use the 1.2 fuel pump the as well ?

shed-on-wheels
23-02-11, 08:50 PM
yeah you can use the 1.2 mpi fuel pump um yeah they are 16v dude but the blocks are the same hint how i have a 1600 16v in my nova with a gte mount all the same mounts dude you will need a throttle cable from a nova gte gsi or sri aswell dude fuel lines you will have to cut the ends of yours and join the pipes onto the gsi fuel rail

JordyzNova
24-02-11, 09:51 AM
Its got the cable with it I think and oh sweet if any probz ill just bump the thread or inbox me your fphone number ?

AlexW
24-02-11, 10:45 AM
You realize you have lots of wiring ahead of you? You can completely remove the 1.2 ecu (Its mounted on the passenger side of the inlet).

But the 1.2 have a funny dash loom that plugs into the ecu, So, to run the nova loom you would have to run each wire back and cut it all, Or get a dash loom from a 1.4/1.6 corsa (I have one if needed), and change the dash loom and then it would be a case of running the nova loom over to the drivers side of the corsa and changing the plug and your be able to just plug it in.

Make sence?

shed-on-wheels
24-02-11, 02:09 PM
You realize you have lots of wiring ahead of you? You can completely remove the 1.2 ecu (Its mounted on the passenger side of the inlet).

But the 1.2 have a funny dash loom that plugs into the ecu, So, to run the nova loom you would have to run each wire back and cut it all, Or get a dash loom from a 1.4/1.6 corsa (I have one if needed), and change the dash loom and then it would be a case of running the nova loom over to the drivers side of the corsa and changing the plug and your be able to just plug it in.

Make sence?

very true alex