PDA

View Full Version : Rally car engine build (1600cc)

angusl2006
22-02-11, 09:05 PM
Good evening,

Unfortunatly i lack the knowledge of knowing the right places to go to get parts, so i was wondering if anyone knew of any websites/companys to help me in the following.....

building a new engine for my rally car that will mainly consist of head work, shaved head, ported and polished, new valves,lifters etc etc along with my high lift cam and 40s, so for a start...

What recomendations does anyone have for doing,fitting to the head, ie what valves,guides etcetc....

next is where to get...any websites or numbers? (solid lifters is a must)

thanks in advance :)

Angus

mk1nova_rich
22-02-11, 09:28 PM
Search for 'Philip' on here and send him a PM, he knows his stuff and builds plenty of sorted engines... if he can't do the work for you I'm sure he can point you in the right direction :thumb:

Jonlem
22-02-11, 09:34 PM
Prepare to have you wallet emptied !

Worth it though :)

angusl2006
22-02-11, 09:53 PM
everything will get bit by bit but once done will be a box ticked. no point in doing half a job to return back to it to waste time and money!

steveboyslim
23-02-11, 07:17 PM
Good evening,

Unfortunatly i lack the knowledge of knowing the right places to go to get parts, so i was wondering if anyone knew of any websites/companys to help me in the following.....

building a new engine for my rally car that will mainly consist of head work, shaved head, ported and polished, new valves,lifters etc etc along with my high lift cam and 40s, so for a start...

What recomendations does anyone have for doing,fitting to the head, ie what valves,guides etcetc....

next is where to get...any websites or numbers? (solid lifters is a must)

thanks in advance :)

Angus

PS if someone is deleting my posts please pm me explaining why

*Admin* pm on the way

Stanley
23-02-11, 07:19 PM
Speak to Greg1.4 on here. A mate of mine who rallies alot.

He has a very lively Suzuki Swift GTi engine also......