PDA

View Full Version : New rules on Insurance

Hayley
22-02-11, 08:40 PM
Im sorry if this is old/already posted news but ive just read about it so thought I would share...

From Moneysaving expert website...

The European Court will rule on 1 March whether insurers break discrimination laws by pricing men and women differently. If, as many expect, it decides both must pay the same, we may see immediate, huge price changes on new policies.

So basically, If you are a lass reading this, you may find price hikes in March and the blokes reading this may see a slight decrease.

Just for info incase any of you are near renewal time.. or are in a position to renew early to avoid any price rises.

I think this would only really affect the younger generation.

Lee
22-02-11, 08:41 PM
Can I just say...

FLOL lol

Hayley
22-02-11, 08:49 PM
I say.. who cares that its not fair... (statistically) women crash less than blokes in the first few years of driving so the prices reflect that.

tough titties boys. lol

Spudly
22-02-11, 08:53 PM
Bollox, women crash far more than men, just its only ever light scuffs scrapes and low mph shunts so the cars are always driveable afterwards and they never report/claim, hence the stats being all crap (bit like crime figures which never show the real crime level in any area due to noone reporting anything) whereas when a bloke crashes, they do it once and do it properly and destroy the car, not any of this half assed dings here and there its full on write off time lol

wwmnw
22-02-11, 08:54 PM
I say.. who cares that its not fair... (statistically) women crash less than blokes in the first few years of driving so the prices reflect that.

tough titties boys. lol

Which is strange as women cause more crashes but don't actually crash and its well known men ARE the better drivers. Just get in the car with my mother and you'll know what I mean lol

General Baxter
22-02-11, 08:55 PM
when we crash we do it right lol

here an example on a low speed MAN crash lol

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a191/baxters83/crash006.jpg

Spudly
22-02-11, 08:55 PM
when we crash we do it right lol

Too slow as always bambam:p

Hayley
22-02-11, 08:58 PM
Well those minor bumps and scuffs that ladies have dont cost the insurance companies as much as when you boys slam your cars into random pieces of roadside furniture at 100mph.. so :p

General Baxter
22-02-11, 08:59 PM
Well those minor bumps and scuffs that ladies have dont cost the insurance companies as much as when you boys slam your cars into random pieces of roadside furniture at 100mph.. so :p
lol
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a191/baxters83/crash004.jpg

Benn
22-02-11, 09:00 PM

tough titties boys. lol

Rubbish, as ex of mine has written off every car she's had. All her own fault.
I've had one written off for me.

draper
22-02-11, 09:02 PM
how long untill insurance companies can no longer discriminate between areas either, or driving history and we must all pay £eleventy million a year every year forevaaaar

Hayley
22-02-11, 09:04 PM
My ex wrote off about 3 of his cars.

Spudly
22-02-11, 09:08 PM
Ive had one car written off for me, and only ever scuffed the bumper on my XR2i, thats one of about 30 cars ive had so i think thats a good record so far:p

draper
22-02-11, 09:15 PM
in the eyes of insurance companies ive only wrote a van and a car off (did get to shag the bird whos car it was aswell eventually :cool: )

Hayley
22-02-11, 09:27 PM
did get to shag the bird whos car it was aswell eventually :cool: )

Hope you got some sot of added bonus for that. lol

mk1nova_rich
22-02-11, 09:42 PM
in the eyes of insurance companies ive only wrote a van and a car off (did get to shag the bird whos car it was aswell eventually :cool: )

mint :cool: have some rep lol

burgo
22-02-11, 10:32 PM
to ****ing right as well, and just cos statistically women HAVE less accidents how many do they cause!! they dont have them but they bludy created them and then carry on completely unaware

Yorkie
23-02-11, 07:29 AM
Thats becasue we are clever :) we know what we are doing and walk through it scott free alot of the time, dont mes with us lady drivers! :)

gazz
23-02-11, 12:26 PM
Thats becasue we are clever :) we know what we are doing and walk through it scott free alot of the time, dont mes with us lady drivers! :)

the worst one is when in a van along side car with women in it, with short skirt, low top..accident waiting to happen.. oh wait it did :d :thumb:
didnt see car infront stop as was otherwise engaged lol

Southie
23-02-11, 12:54 PM
Women have always wanted equal right so it's about time IMO.

I'm going to burn one of Hobbits bras now lol

http://www.tylershields.com/images/art/burning-bra.jpg

General Baxter
23-02-11, 01:08 PM
I'm going to burn one of Hobbits bras now lol

rep as it was not me lol

Southie
23-02-11, 05:34 PM
rep as it was not me lol

People are trying to find enough fuel for yours lol

http://www.fugly.com/media/IMAGES/Funny/huge_bra.jpg

Lee
23-02-11, 06:21 PM

Who are you insured with? i want an excess fee like that please lol

shed-on-wheels
23-02-11, 07:03 PM
thank god i can stop having my gf saying well i can insure your nova for cheaper so how about you let me drive it how about no i want it in on piece thanks for this great piece of news hayley :D

Hayley
23-02-11, 07:57 PM
thank god i can stop having my gf saying well i can insure your nova for cheaper so how about you let me drive it how about no i want it in on piece thanks for this great piece of news hayley :D

Not quite what I was aiming for but happy to help. lol

Jack
23-02-11, 08:26 PM
So basically, If you are a lass reading this, you may find price hikes
Very likely

and the blokes reading this may see a slight decrease.
Very unlikely

lol

Anyways.... which of us hit the wall at the end of your drive with their car? Hint, it wasn't me lol

Hayley
23-02-11, 09:30 PM
!!! well I didnt make a claim though did I..

and I was only trying to reverse the car round that annoying drive coz someone wanted the car nearer the house so he wouldnt have to walk 5 feet with all his stuff.! :p

John
23-02-11, 09:55 PM
Who are you insured with? i want an excess fee like that please lol

(off topic)

Rofling hard at the two camp lads in your avatar pic! (one on the right is the campest) lol lol

Spudly
23-02-11, 10:18 PM
(off topic)

Rofling hard at the two camp lads in your avatar pic! (one on the right is the campest) lol lol

Oi :eek:

:p

lol

Lee
23-02-11, 10:21 PM
!!! well I didnt make a claim though did I..

and I was only trying to reverse the car round that annoying drive coz someone wanted the car nearer the house so he wouldnt have to walk 5 feet with all his stuff.! :p

So you crashed into something so someone could get their shopping in? thats properly generous :)

John, some say his nipples produce 12v DC, and that his bottom has a European 3 pin adaptor. All we know, he's called the Spud!

MK999
23-02-11, 10:22 PM
John, some say his nipples produce 12v DC, and that his bottom has a European 3 pin adaptor. All we know, he's called the Spud!

Pretty sure he said he's had 3 Europeans up in his bottom, you must have heard wrong.

Spudly
23-02-11, 10:23 PM
What the actual fook lol

claire6069
24-02-11, 12:55 AM
face facts - women are the better drivers - all you lot do is pick your noses and ogle at women in cars and women walking down the street and then blame us for you crashing!!! maybe if you actually drove with your brains you wouldnt crash lol

wwmnw
24-02-11, 01:03 AM
face facts - women are the better drivers - all you lot do is pick your noses and ogle at women in cars and women walking down the street and then blame us for you crashing!!! maybe if you actually drove with your brains you wouldnt crash lol

I tried driving with my brain before but I got done for indecent exposure :(

claire6069
24-02-11, 01:09 AM
I tried driving with my brain before but I got done for indecent exposure :(

fpmsl how did i know that you would come out with a response like that lol

wwmnw
24-02-11, 01:13 AM
Because I'm predictable? lol

brainsnova
24-02-11, 01:45 AM
My brain tells me to block drivers that try to overtake me when I'm driving at the speed limit.

Andy
24-02-11, 08:20 AM
Heres a typical scenario of woman driver.

Get in car,move seat so far forward your gonna die off the steering wheel in a 5mph collision,adjust mirror,aplly lip gloss,check hair and rearrange,regardless of if needed or not.
Check texts,then check wall posts on facebook,write a "ZOMFG im's driving to teh haredressors-W00p W00p!!" on said status.
Finally 10mins later,set off without indicating and nearly get t-boned

General Baxter
24-02-11, 09:12 AM
^ ha lol

Jack
24-02-11, 10:10 AM
Thats still your fault then. If you weren't there to ogle at then we wouldn't crash :d

Mike
24-02-11, 04:32 PM
I've crashed, bashed an generally fooked up quite afew cars an my insurance is kinda staying the same? And my points are nearly eqaul to value of pie :) win! Altho I do agree with women causing accidents. Hell I very nearly killed a ped because of a women in a suit was walking down the street.

Hobbit
24-02-11, 07:06 PM
Some dosey bint almost caused a major accident on the m5 tonight. She was cruising along at about 50, I went to overtake so she speeds up to 60 :wall: I pulled back behind her then she slows down again :wall: :wall: :wall: this happens about 5 times before I start to consider doing the gene pool a favour and just running her off the road lol got passed her in the end and she had a car full and they were smoking rather long rollies :roll:

draper
24-02-11, 07:58 PM
i would of phoned the old bill tbh, cant believe you didnt really being a professional driver

Hobbit
24-02-11, 08:06 PM
Use a phone while driving? Bad news even with a hands free.

draper
24-02-11, 08:09 PM

oh come on, your a driver - i thought the way to get your license was to be able to eat a full 3 course meal, wash and shave all while driving lol

Hobbit
24-02-11, 08:14 PM
oh come on, your a driver - i thought the way to get your license was to be able to eat a full 3 course meal, wash and shave all while driving lol

lol when I got my licence my mate said "did the test involve reversing round a corner with a fag in one hand,a pasty in the other, while on the phone?"

draper
24-02-11, 08:21 PM
my ex used to wind me up by trying to feed me when i was driving lol

FFS flower, i have 2 hands free, im steering with my knees
now get back on my cock !!

Andy
24-02-11, 08:23 PM
my ex used to wind me up by trying to feed me when i was driving lol

FFS flower, i have 2 hands free, im steering with my knees
now get back on my cock !!
Our lass does that.Tries feeding me crisps etc,soon wraps in when i deliberately bite her hand lol

claire6069
24-02-11, 09:13 PM

Get in car,move seat so far forward your gonna die off the steering wheel in a 5mph collision,adjust mirror,aplly lip gloss,check hair and rearrange,regardless of if needed or not.
Check texts,then check wall posts on facebook,write a "ZOMFG im's driving to teh haredressors-W00p W00p!!" on said status.

lmao fortunately you're description doesnt apply to me lol i dont have to adjust any mirrors or my seat as no one else drives my car, i only wear lip gloss when i go out at night times and that is rarer than a blue moon lol im never fussed about my hair, i only go to the hairdressers once a year if that (joys of a perm lol) i dont use facebook on my mobile coz it costs too much but i do admittedly text whilst driving lol

Pistol Pete
24-02-11, 09:20 PM

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

Jack
24-02-11, 09:25 PM
Apparently the police won't give a toss if you're calling in a DD. I wouldn't like to risk it myself though!

MK999
24-02-11, 09:26 PM
Apparently the police won't give a toss if you're calling in a DD. I wouldn't like to risk it myself though!

Considering I've heard of people getting done for going over the line at red lights to let them through with sirens etc on I wouldn't either lol

Lee
24-02-11, 09:31 PM
Considering I've heard of people getting done for going over the line at red lights to let them through with sirens etc on I wouldn't either lol

If that were me Id be kicking up a massive stink about that i can tell you!!!!

I once booted it down a one way street with no passing places because a pig was looming up behind me. Got to 70 in a 30 limit, and when I managed to pull over, i got the thumbs up lol

Andy
24-02-11, 09:34 PM

I once booted it down a one way street with no passing places because a pig was looming up behind me. Got to 70 in a 30 limit, and when I managed to pull over, i got the thumbs up lol
That once happened to me on the motorway,had a t5 blue lights and sirens welded to my ass at 90 in the outside lane,no room to safely pull in so i planted it,got to 120,my XR2 was absolutely screaming lol and got an acknowledgeable wave from the passenger as i finally broke past the traffic lol lol
I felt like god....

burgo
24-02-11, 10:13 PM

I once booted it down a one way street with no passing places because a pig was looming up behind me. Got to 70 in a 30 limit, and when I managed to pull over, i got the thumbs up loli always speed up if i cant get out the way to help them, having said that an ambulance couldnt catch me for about 5 miles using this excuse lmao

draper
25-02-11, 06:32 PM

truth.

they actually asked me how long i could follow the driver for as there wasnt a local plod to intercept

claire6069
25-02-11, 11:51 PM
truth.

they actually asked me how long i could follow the driver for as there wasnt a local plod to intercept

sounds about right!! guy round here has just been front page news of our sh!tty little town newspaper because he caught two guys shoplifting, informed the shop staff who rang the police whos response was 'no one was watching the cctv because they were busy elsewhere' absolutely ridiculous!!

off subject slightly - i think even more insane is this documentary i've just watched on the colombian kidnappings 6 years ago - the german woman who was released after 80 days and airlifted out was taken to court by her own country for a 18,000 euro bill for the helicopter that rescued her!!! now thats a proper fooked country lol

Pistol Pete
01-03-11, 10:28 AM
According to sky news, the ruling has been passed through. It will come in in December.

AlexW
01-03-11, 10:46 AM
December 2012! lol

Jack
01-03-11, 11:47 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12606610

Interesting. So now you can't discriminate on gender, surely that paves the way for not discriminating on age...?

In the short term (by short, I mean post-2012) it'll just make things more expensive for girls, of course in the meantime the insurance companies will probably just whack premiums up to make hay whilst the sun shines. In the long term, I see it paving the way for insurance pricing based on the car rather than the driver.

Pistol Pete
01-03-11, 12:39 PM
December 2012! lol
Yeah. Sky news had it as this year :rolleyes:

Hoochie
01-03-11, 01:05 PM

Well as it happens... the FIL drove down to ours last week and was behind someone he suspected to be driving whilst drunk.
He did ring to report it and was asked if he could stay behind and keep an eye on it till they could get a car to it, when Sturges dad said that he couldn't as he wasn't on a hands free they said it was ok for him to stay on the phone.
This was still on the Scottish side of the border....:)

AlexW
01-03-11, 01:43 PM
Interesting. So now you can't discriminate on gender, surely that paves the way for not discriminating on age...?

What I have been thinking ever since they started with this stuff.

Going on the car would the sensible choice wouldn't it?

Hoochie
01-03-11, 01:56 PM
Insurance should be based on age not gender then it should get progressively higher with age after 70 yrs (of age).
Do people over 70 have to do some sort of retest or have a medical?

Andy
01-03-11, 02:04 PM
Not for you!!! lol
Corsa are probably the most crashed car ev@ lol
As theyre owned by young lads who either thrash the living shet outta them trying desperately to impress 16 year old females,or young lads who have crashed while doing their hair....

Jack
01-03-11, 03:09 PM
Don't licenses expire after your 70th birthday or something? No retest required though afaik, DVLA will only get twitchy if you've got a medical condition that could affect your driving. Which come to think of it is the case anyway, no matter your age.

Yeah, but that would only work if no claims made a bigger difference to insurance prices - in which case I guess you could argue we'd be in the same situation as we are now. I don't really fancy having to pay the same to insure my GT4 with nigh on 12 years claim-free experience as a little 17 year old scrote who has just passed his test. Thats what puts me off the insure-the-car-not-the-driver idea :(

blue_peg_16v
01-03-11, 07:35 PM
Insurance should be based on age not gender then it should get progressively higher with age after 70 yrs (of age).
Do people over 70 have to do some sort of retest or have a medical?

in surance gets cheapers to start as you get older (40-50 is the cheapest age bracket) and then starts to increase again hence my grandads bill at 75 of £450 for a 307 1.4 and me and heather paying £420 for a vectra gsi similar risc areas, grandparents never had accident or points heather has 6 points.

and after 70 you have to reaply for your licence every so often think its every 3 years.

MK1_Ben
01-03-11, 08:23 PM
Glad this ruling has passed, should make it more fair for young-uns like myself.

(I'm paying £2000 a year to insure a G reg 1.2 Merit, fully comp with legal cover and declared modifications... re-ran the quote to see how much it would have been for a female, came around 600 quid cheaper.)

Jack
01-03-11, 09:49 PM
It'll be fair for you, but not for the ladies. As they'll end up paying £2k as well lol

MK1_Ben
01-03-11, 10:07 PM
Good enough for me!

tommy8252
03-03-11, 08:22 AM
This is shoite. You would of thought logic dictated that instead of hiking lasses prices up to the same stupidly high rate that lads pay that they would raise lasses and decrease lads in equal proportions.

Andy
03-03-11, 09:09 AM
Nobodys insurance should go up if claim free on the same car,same area etc.
I find it absolutely disgusting tbh.
Like fuel,they have got us by our balls.
And before any muppet springs with "well dont use your car then" Some of us rely on our cars/vans etc to earn a living to provide for our families.

draper
03-03-11, 03:31 PM
it pisses me off that when you tell your insurance company your leaving for a better price they say they can match it, err.... hang on, why arent you giving me your best possible price to begin with !!!

Andy
03-03-11, 04:26 PM
it pisses me off that when you tell your insurance company your leaving for a better price they say they can match it, err.... hang on, why arent you giving me your best possible price to begin with !!!
Ive not once even had a match off any yet.
Unbelievable

MK1_Ben
03-03-11, 07:23 PM
I had a match on mine with my old insurers, came back to the existing ones who then stated they won't Insure a car of my age anyway? after they had already quoted me on it...

General Baxter
03-03-11, 07:34 PM
Ive not once even had a match off any yet.
Unbelievable

i used to play HIC and FLUX against each other, get a quote phone the other, get a lower quote, phone the first up, they lower a bit more, phone the other again,

lot of hard work got me £210 nocked off lol