PDA

View Full Version : Vector images

Nova_Tek
21-02-11, 11:05 PM
Help!

I'm trying to create copies of the vinyl decals on the early Cav SRi (boot spoiler, and doors but can't find them anywhere on the net).

Spoke to a signwriter and they said that the images I design need to be vector images for best quality and to be able to enlarge them without loss of quality.

Is there anyway to change .jpeg images into Vector images like a converter? Or is there a format I can save them into from photoshop to be able to convert into Vector?

Need this done asap as the Cav is going in for bodywork and paint so they will need to be replaced once painted.

Good help will mean big rep :thumb:

Liam
21-02-11, 11:23 PM
No, im afraid you can't do that, it's not as easy as that. You'll have to try and find some in vector based file formats like .png or .ai. Or you could get someone to reproduce them in Photoshop etc into a vector graphic. Its because of the way the graphic is created. Bitmaps are created using pixels whereas vectors are created using methematical equations hence being able to scale them as big as you want without losing quality.:thumb:

nova ian
22-02-11, 12:10 AM
If you have decent pics of the logo and the exact sizes you want it I can produce a vector based file for you

Nova_Tek
22-02-11, 12:14 PM
I took the pics decals directly off the car @ 8MP. I'm just tidiying them up etc. I know the size of the decals as I measured them (again off the car).

Shame there aren't any on eBay lol

nova ian
22-02-11, 12:19 PM
yeah them pics would be perfect. Send them over and I can do that no bother

Southie
22-02-11, 04:57 PM
Illustrator is your best bet for converting to a vector format.

Here's a wiki about vector art to gen up a little ;) >LINK (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vector_graphics)<

Is it this that your wanting btw?

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q67/danielkperry/Various/20022008415.jpg

Nova_Tek
22-02-11, 11:21 PM
Yep them decals on the lower panel are the ones but in place of the GSi it's SRi.

Found the Vaux Cav on eBay but the SRi boot and door decals seem to be non-existant.

Nova_Tek
03-03-11, 09:51 PM
Think I've sorted it now. I downloaded Inkscape, which is open source and free, which imports JPEG files and traces them into a Vector format.