PDA

View Full Version : Bahrain F1 GP cancelled

Edd
21-02-11, 06:33 PM
Opening round of the F1 season cancelled :( due to protest/fighting/uprising

Was looking forward to it as well, Australia on the 27th March is now the opening round

I mean F1 is far more important than democracy lol

comptoncj
21-02-11, 06:39 PM
lol shame tis a good track

VnoNovaD
21-02-11, 07:16 PM
Think if everyone in the stands had a brick/pistol, itd make the race bit more interesting tbh.

bazil
21-02-11, 07:25 PM
move it to Egypt.........

Edd
21-02-11, 07:32 PM
Think if everyone in the stands had a brick/pistol, itd make the race bit more interesting tbh.

Did you watch last season at all ? :roll:

Was the best for years in IMO with a few drivers always in contention for the title

This year will be just as good I reckon, few changes to the cars will make it interesting as well

In two years time 1500 turbos are back as well :d

bazil
21-02-11, 07:37 PM
i'll tell the truth, i dont like F1, yes i admire the skill, the engineering but its soo bloody boring to watch on tv, and the drivers have no personality, just a bunch of adverts for their sponsors, its like the english top flight of football to me,

id rather go watch ST Mirren or the Tour of Mull.

Edd
21-02-11, 07:49 PM
I didn't watch it when Schumacher drove his heavily assisted Ferrari to a load of titles, that was boring, very boring

The last few seasons have been good tho IMO with many drivers in contention, no TC, launch control etc makes better viewing

GDN16v
21-02-11, 07:50 PM
Bahrain is a crap track anyway, far to wide and not enough overtaking is done on it! :thumb:

bazil
21-02-11, 07:58 PM
Edd iirc you and i are similar age, berger, prost, mansell, senna, those guys made races, made interviews made the sport, its too cold, to cut n dry now,

Edd
21-02-11, 08:07 PM
Edd iirc you and i are similar age, berger, prost, mansell, senna, those guys made races, made interviews made the sport, its too cold, to cut n dry now,
Totally agree, that was F1 at it's best, when Senna died (rip) safety was obviously top priority and a edge was taken away from it a little IMO

Then came Schu with his 'if I can't win I'll take you out shizzle and get away with it' attitude, I lost intrest then

I do feel with Hamilton coming in to F1, Jenson winning for Braun and Vettel on the last race last season winning it it's nearly back to its best, at least 3 teams are always in contention

1500 turbos is going to be crazy tho lol

bazil
21-02-11, 08:33 PM
i heard a story that the fia would like 1600 turbo motors in all top line motorsport?

but the old turbo cars!! LOVELY!! stories of BMW employees peeing on old 2002 turbo blocks before using them in F1 cars lol

Andy
21-02-11, 08:35 PM

What have they got to do with it??? lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41cUCZyez7E&feature=related

GDN16v
21-02-11, 08:50 PM
1600 turbo'd engines with massive restrictions on them to kerb the power and torque so its pointless really. The old turbo cars are in a totally different league!

The FIA and F1 teams are banging on about saving money so why introduce a new engine to build and develope when they could just use with the current engines for the forseable future!;)

Bubba
21-02-11, 08:56 PM
F1 bores me to tears...

still this has severely affected my fantasy f1 at work :(

Pistol Pete
21-02-11, 09:07 PM
Ahhh crap! Was looking forward to the season kick off!

World Supers starts this wekend, MotoGP same weekend as F1 IIRC. Yeehaa! Then the MX season starts. My Sky+ is going to be on overload!!

GDN16v
21-02-11, 09:08 PM
My Sky+ is going to be on overload!!

lollollollollollol

Ben
21-02-11, 09:17 PM
I have to agree with the grand prince of bahrain and say they have more imprtant things on atm than hosting a gp!

But as for it being a decent track i think its possibly the most boring of the calender!

Mike
21-02-11, 09:18 PM
Poosticks :(

Stuart
21-02-11, 09:20 PM
Meh, that'll learn bernie for going to the middle east chasing the money and holding europe to ransom....

auzzy-b
22-02-11, 11:09 PM

Boo!:(

Jonlem
22-02-11, 11:24 PM
1600 turbo'd engines with massive restrictions on them to kerb the power and torque so its pointless really. The old turbo cars are in a totally different league!

The FIA and F1 teams are banging on about saving money so why introduce a new engine to build and develope when they could just use with the current engines for the forseable future!;)

I don't think there is any talk about them lowering the hp, the new engine will be as fast and powerful as what they currently have.

The new changes to the cars this year should see it closer than ever, I'm really looking forward to it

Stuart
23-02-11, 08:53 AM
I don't think there is any talk about them lowering the hp, the new engine will be as fast and powerful as what they currently have.

The new changes to the cars this year should see it closer than ever, I'm really looking forward to it

I was reading an article in Race Tech mag about this new "global" 1.6 turbo engine for motorsport that the FIA and Audi have proposed.... Looks to be a good thing as the rich teams will be slowed down a shade and the poorer teams will get the same engine package as the rich boys so it will be ALL about the aero/chassis/driver :)

Andy
23-02-11, 02:21 PM
I was reading an article in Race Tech mag about this new "global" 1.6 turbo engine for motorsport that the FIA and Audi have proposed.... Looks to be a good thing as the rich teams will be slowed down a shade and the poorer teams will get the same engine package as the rich boys so it will be ALL about the aero/chassis/driver :)
which can only be a good thing imo as it will make for closer racing instead of the only overtaking and place changes happening in the pitlane....

GDN16v
24-02-11, 10:59 AM

It will end up like champ cars, where there is a standardised restrictor for the inlet to limit the turbo output power. The FIA isnt going to let the teams run any BHP that they want, for safety, cost and closer racing especially with the reintroduction of KERS! ;)

Its no good if Mercedes developed a 1200bhp engine if Renault came with an 800bhp one is there!lol Look how much controversy the double diffuser caused at the start of last year due to different interpratations to the rules!

MK999
24-02-11, 12:42 PM

Sounds like less chance of me getting a job, which can only be a bad thing lol

edit: Also 1200 out of an unrestricted 1600 turbo is really, really low lol

Edd
24-02-11, 12:57 PM
cant remember where i read it but it said the F1 engines would be limited to 850bhp

which iirc is about what they are now

MK999
24-02-11, 12:59 PM
they're aiming for similar performance, with a higher efficiency with the introduction of these engines basically, so they'll be roughly the same power. that will only be a guess based on restrictor size though as after that its up to manufacturers to get as much power out of them as possible

Edd
24-02-11, 01:02 PM
there was some techno stuff about what the insides of the turbo will have to be

i skipped that as i dont have a clue about any of that lol

MK999
24-02-11, 01:03 PM
there was some techno stuff about what the insides of the turbo will have to be

i skipped that as i dont have a clue about any of that lol

Probably just defining it as a 'standard' turbo tbh, F1 regulations cover all of that so they don't invest millions literally reinventing the wheel lol

GDN16v
24-02-11, 03:01 PM
F1 regulations cover all of that so they don't invest millions literally reinventing the wheel lol

They invest millions in whatever they do in F1 so it doesnt really matter!lollollol

MK999
24-02-11, 03:05 PM
They invest millions in whatever they do in F1 so it doesnt really matter!lollollol

Imagine how the costs would spiral if they took out the bit that states they have to use a conventional reciprocating engine then?:p

Hobbit
24-02-11, 04:20 PM
So will this 1.6 turbo lump fit on my f20 or am I gonna have to go small block?

lol

Keif
26-02-11, 11:15 AM
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc157/fastdiamond/bahrainGP.jpg

Pistol Pete
26-02-11, 12:23 PM
lol ^

lol lol @ the "german" tanks out in front...