PDA

View Full Version : ready for paint

swedge
21-02-11, 03:35 PM
well my cars getting painted in the next couple weeks and im gonna be prepping it for him

the thing is is once ive got it all sanded down and filled what needs filled etc is it worth going over it with wet n dry before i give it to the painter?

obviously itll be getting wet n dried after the primer

i dont mind wet n drying it

any painters online?

MK999
21-02-11, 03:45 PM
I would make it as smooth and flat as possible everywhere I could, 95% of paintwork is in the prep so if you're prepping it for him and he' literally just picking up a gun and spraying it, the finish is pretty much down to how much you put into it.

Make his job easier and it'll come out with 2k worth of flat shiny paint on it!

swedge
21-02-11, 03:47 PM
yeah ive painted a few things myself just never a full car

i think ill wet n dry the whole car the engines coming out and 2 new sills going on so there will be plenty sanding to do lol

davidfox280585
21-02-11, 04:33 PM
most painters finish off in 320grit before paint so i wouldnt bother too much as he will still have to prep your prepwork not knocking you but hes putting his name to it so he isnt going to paint it straigha away if your prepwork isnt upto scratch,
he should check all repairs and prime it,if i do small work i wet flat the primer to ensure the basecoat sits nice but id leave it to the pros to get it how he wants it

Andy
21-02-11, 04:37 PM
Agreed,ive done it before and got it sent back as he werent happy with my prep.
Every painter will pull it to bits as they like it their way or no way lol