PDA

View Full Version : What comes first, filter or pump ????

sneakycorsa
20-02-11, 06:09 PM
When using an external fuel pump what comes first when fitting the pump & filter,

Tank = filter = pump = engine OR Tank = pump = filter + engine ???

And would this be the same for an uprated pump such as walbro 255 etc ?

Nobby
20-02-11, 06:14 PM
edit my bad lol

bazil
20-02-11, 06:17 PM
tank pump filter fpr injectors as standard on all gte/gsi novas, the fuel pick up pipe has a gauze to protect the pump.

sneakycorsa
20-02-11, 06:20 PM
Cool only thing is my outlet on the tank is same size as external pump on the one side, so that means each end of the fuel hose needs different ID mm

I.E lets say tank is 10mm, but the next bit is only 6mm on filter etc....

sneakycorsa
20-02-11, 06:23 PM
After reading bazils comment then this would work out right for my hose IDmm.

But i was told not to have filter after the pump because of its pressure after the pump ???

bazil
20-02-11, 06:24 PM
the tank outlet for the external pump set up is part of the fuel level sender and is the same size as the pump inlet then comes out the small side of the pump to the dyaphram ( if you choose to run it) then to the filter etc etc

bazil
20-02-11, 06:26 PM
But i was told not to have filter after the pump because of its pressure after the pump ???

make sure you use a propper filter and not a crap platic see through job, the gsi/gte had metal cased filters to cope with pressurised fuel delivery.

sneakycorsa
20-02-11, 06:31 PM
Yeh i got a metal type filter , its a saloon tank so the two std inlets & out lets are only small any way & on the front, but im going to block the feed on the front and fit the gte feed which is apart of the sender like you said ?

bazil
20-02-11, 06:37 PM
is the sender on your tank bolt in? as the gte senders are,

sneakycorsa
20-02-11, 06:43 PM
No push & twist but i was thinking if self tappers & sealent would work,

I get the feeling your about to disappoint me lol....

bazil
20-02-11, 06:46 PM
i need not reply lol

you could use a different approch that would be using a 1.2 spi tank with the intank pump mounted under the rear seats but using a mpi pump as gte tanks can be hardish to get in good nick but are worth finding as it will have the swirl pot too

sneakycorsa
20-02-11, 06:55 PM
I was told you can not get one for a 4 door saloon ??