PDA

View Full Version : x14xe injecters not opening

autoworksnovasport
18-02-11, 08:57 PM
x14xe injecters not opening

hi everybody is this a comon thing on these engines the injecters wont open its firing on all 4 cylinders (bright blue spark) and fuel is at full pressure at the rail all the injecters are earthed and go live on cranking but the injecters still dont open they are not stuck as ive power probed them and they spray perfect the engine will run on a continuos spray off easystart so i know its a fuel problem (injecters not opening) any help would be greathttp://images.migweb.co.uk/smilies/confused.gifhttp://images.migweb.co.uk/smilies/confused.gif

Southie
18-02-11, 09:01 PM
Is your fuel pump working okay and is the fuel pump relay also working properly, another thing it could be is the immobiliser!

Pistol Pete
18-02-11, 09:02 PM
As injectors rely on a signal to open, i would say the loom maybe at fault?

Southie
18-02-11, 09:05 PM
Is this a conversion or in a standard x14xe?

autoworksnovasport
18-02-11, 09:07 PM
a signal from??? crank sensor cam sensor coil????

autoworksnovasport
18-02-11, 09:07 PM
this is a conversion ino a agila

Pistol Pete
18-02-11, 09:08 PM
As southie says...relay? The loom itself damaged? Have you removed the injectors and connected the loom and fired it up with them removed to see if they spray?

Southie
18-02-11, 09:09 PM
this is a conversion ino a agila
mmmm then have you got the correct key chip and transponder for the ecu?

autoworksnovasport
18-02-11, 09:11 PM
yeah sorry dude thought i said that in the original post all injecters spray fine when you put a live to them but when the live suplied through the loom turns on they wont open

autoworksnovasport
18-02-11, 09:12 PM
mmmm then have you got the correct key chip and transponder for the ecu?

non imobilised

Southie
18-02-11, 09:18 PM
non imobilised
Really, has the ecu been fettled then as I'm sure they came with an immobiliser :confused:

Did it run before fitting then?

autoworksnovasport
18-02-11, 09:26 PM
ecu from an early c16xe

John
18-02-11, 09:27 PM
non imobilised

are you sure? all x14xe's were immobilised iirc.

autoworksnovasport
18-02-11, 09:30 PM
not all off them were immobilised all early ones up to around M-plates wernt

Southie
18-02-11, 09:33 PM
So your running a C16xe wiring loom and ecu on a standard X14xe engine?

What have you swapped over? Could do with more details tbh.

autoworksnovasport
18-02-11, 09:35 PM
So your running a C16xe wiring loom and ecu on a standard X14xe engine?

What have you swapped over?

ehat do you mean "swapped over" it the same loom for both engines

Southie
18-02-11, 09:40 PM
Again, really? Pretty sure there not. Does the X14xe have a air flow meter then :confused: Sure they don't.

John
18-02-11, 09:41 PM
wrong, the c16se has an air flow meter and the x14xe runs on map

autoworksnovasport
18-02-11, 09:42 PM
no airflow no sorry i ment were they coonnect to the ecu being the same the loom is x14xe and the ecu is from an early c14/16xe

John
18-02-11, 09:44 PM
the c16xe loom and x14xe loom are different though? Why not just use the CORRECT loom for the engine with transponder key?

Southie
18-02-11, 09:45 PM
Please explain exactly what you have bought because only the C16xe M reg GSI had the early AFM wiring loom which was a non immobiliser setup, later they brought in the imobiliser version on the X16xe which was also used on the X14xe with a different map I suspect due to the fueling.

What colour connectors are on your ecu???

autoworksnovasport
18-02-11, 09:49 PM
the c16xe loom and x14xe loom are different though? Why not just use the CORRECT loom for the engine with transponder key?

having to run 2 ecus on this as its in an agila one from the agila to run the fan coolant sensor and rev counter and the ecufrom the 1.4 to run the engine so 2 immobilisers would be a pain in the ****

autoworksnovasport
18-02-11, 09:50 PM
Please explain exactly what you have bought because only the C16xe M reg GSI had the early AFM wiring loom which was a non immobiliser setup, later they brought in the imobiliser version on the X16xe which was also used on the X14xe with a different map I suspect due to the fueling.

What colour connectors are on your ecu???

connecters on the ecu are cream and red

Southie
18-02-11, 09:50 PM
Edit:

Basically your trying to run a X16xe ecu by the sounds of it, this ecu WILL need the correct ignition key and transponder to make the ecu work, also I'm not up on the Aglia but I'm sure they'll need the Aglia original ecu to see the coolant and revs then, I don't think this will work tbh, have you seen this conversion done before somewhere then???

Southie
18-02-11, 10:56 PM
No then :confused:

autoworksnovasport
18-02-11, 11:01 PM
no 1stt time for everything

Mike
18-02-11, 11:02 PM
Ive got an X14XE complete uncut engine loom here. Have the ECU & key too but I need the key LOL

By the sounds of it, the injectors wont fire as the immob is activated. There is a way to completely bypass the immobiliser which I accidently discovered when stripping my loom of un-essentials. Cant remember exactly how I did it though lol

autoworksnovasport
18-02-11, 11:08 PM
Ive got an X14XE complete uncut engine loom here. Have the ECU & key too but I need the key LOL

By the sounds of it, the injectors wont fire as the immob is activated. There is a way to completely bypass the immobiliser which I accidently discovered when stripping my loom of un-essentials. Cant remember exactly how I did it though lol
thanks anyway but iits nearly running just gota get these injecters open:thumb:

AlexW
18-02-11, 11:15 PM
EML wired up? to the X14 ECU? Is it flashing?

It is impossible to remove the imobliser, Its part of the ecu. You can make a car start and run for about 5 secs though.

Mike
18-02-11, 11:21 PM
EML wired up? to the X14 ECU? Is it flashing?

It is impossible to remove the imobliser, Its part of the ecu. You can make a car start and run for about 5 secs though.

Indeed, but part of it is controlled by a fuse :) it is possible as Ive done it but have no idea how!

The entire dealer fit alarm & immobiliser is based around a 30amp fused circuit hidden well away in the loom along with a few other hefty ass fuses & relays that are not by the fuse box. But according to the revised wiring diagrams (which Ive got here) there not there.

AlexW
18-02-11, 11:26 PM
Its not controlled by a fuse, Theres a single from the transponder, into the ecu that effectively unlocks it to let it run. There is no way around it other than opening the ecu and ****ing about with it, which isn't a simple job at all.

If it was a simple thing, thieves would have a field day and I wouldn't of had so much issue with the nova.

John
18-02-11, 11:28 PM
when i converted my nova (years ago now lol) i had a company remove/bypass the immobilser from my x14xe ecu :)

Mike
18-02-11, 11:29 PM
Its not controlled by a fuse, Theres a single from the transponder, into the ecu that effectively unlocks it to let it run. There is no way around it other than opening the ecu and ****ing about with it, which isn't a simple job at all.

If it was a simple thing, thieves would have a field day and I wouldn't of had so much issue with the nova.

I know this Alex!! I know how alarms work lol lol what Im telling you is, when I stripped my entire loom right down I was able to start the car an leave it running with the key in my pocket & the immobilser switched off!

There IS a fuse for the alarm system & a relay for a fuel cut out (stop injector impediance) disect an entire car loom & youll sure as fcuk find it! The alarm siren kinda gives it away for a start! What do you think the big multi plug on the upper left hand firewall in a 16v Corsa connects to? As the ECU is on the RHS of the car when looking into the bay.

Im not saying its simple, far from it, Im saying it possible.

AlexW
18-02-11, 11:34 PM
The alarm is NOTHING to do with the ecu. You can get a X14XE corsa without the factory alarm, But it will still have the imobliser, its part of the ecu etc.

If the imobliser chip is near enough to do the transponder, once its started and has been for about 5 seconds you can remove the chip and it will continue to run.

I know the baby xe and corsa looms inside out.

Mike
18-02-11, 11:35 PM
The alarm is NOTHING to do with the ecu. You can get a X14XE corsa without the factory alarm, But it will still have the imobliser, its part of the ecu etc.

If the imobliser chip is near enough to do the transponder, once its started and has been for about 5 seconds you can remove the chip and it will continue to run.

I know the baby xe and corsa looms inside out.

So how did mine start without putting the key in at all & basically hot wiring it then smarty pants :p anyone can know a loom but knowing what every single thing does on that loom (like every last wire in a virgin loom where they all look the same) thats slightly different lol

Its an immobilised loom/vehicle but tracing a few wires & disconneting things & it worked. (Although to do it admittably youd have to open the bonnet & car thus setting alarm off in the first place).

AlexW
18-02-11, 11:40 PM
What are you on about in your edit with big plug?

My nova, With just the corsa ECU and engine loom (Which has No connectors on it, other than for engine sensors), Would not run until I connected the imobliser pickup ring and put the keychip inside that ring.

Its the same reason that the spare key on my corsa Sport will not start it, Even with the alarm ECU removed.....

autoworksnovasport
18-02-11, 11:45 PM
ok thanks guys this ecu and loom were taken from a corsa with no transponder or keychip just a plain flat key type ignition and no imobiliser was from a m reg sri thats all i know just wondering were to get the pulse from for the injecters?? crank sensor ,cam sensor coilpack??

AlexW
18-02-11, 11:47 PM
Injector pulse comes from the ECU lol

You didn't answer my question. Wire up the EML and is it flashing with the ign just turned on?

autoworksnovasport
18-02-11, 11:54 PM
eml is still wired with the 1.2 ecu so light is on permanent at the moment