PDA

View Full Version : Google images/virus

wwmnw
18-02-11, 06:47 PM
I did a google the other day for a couple of car related pics and when I clicked on the pics it took me to a page saying "Your computer is infected, click OK to do a scan" or words to that effect, of course I clicked cancel but this happened twice in two days.

Anyone else had this happen to them and know what it is? I did a scan straight after it happened with Malware bytes and Spybot which didn't pick anything up so I'm assuming my computer is OK, I'm just curious as I think it could be that "Anti-virus 2008" virus.

bazil
18-02-11, 06:49 PM
ive seen that, a box pops up sayind you have 3 trojan virus and spyware and hepititas etc, i just close the browser and start again, never been infected yet but i always use protection when venturing into the unknown.

wwmnw
18-02-11, 06:52 PM
I always keep my Firefox up to date and updated my Spybot not long ago (should really update it as soon as updates are available tbh) so don't think I've caught teh e-aids although the computer was running slow earlier on but I think that's because its been on no stop for 2.5 days (its a very very **** pc)

Jack
18-02-11, 07:50 PM
bad image host probably. Seen stuff like that pop up for various dodgy image sites (as in dodgy hosts, not dodgy images lol)

And ROFL at car pics. Bollock, you were looking at tits :p

L14MNP
18-02-11, 07:57 PM
lol @ bollock

0mg actual viras :@ v1v2v3

wwmnw
18-02-11, 08:04 PM
bad image host probably. Seen stuff like that pop up for various dodgy image sites (as in dodgy hosts, not dodgy images lol)

And ROFL at car pics. Bollock, you were looking at tits :p

lol no really, I was looking for pics of the chassis leg mod for 20XE fittage

once, the other time may have been tittie orientated, cant remember for sure lol