PDA

View Full Version : h&h ignition

skud52
17-02-11, 04:36 PM
Hi guys, I have a c20xe running on bike carbs, high lift cams and h &h ignition. The car runs and drives however there is a wire coming from the module which im unsure where its spose to go. There are 2 wires to the coil, the 3 going to the dizzy and then a seperate wire which I an unsure of. Is this a earth or something else?

Also there is quite a bad splutter in 3rd through to 5th after about 4k rpm, could this be related or down to another problen? Im running a omex clubman revlimiter and wondered whether this could also be causing the sputter?

Cheers for any help,
Ben

tom reid
17-02-11, 08:29 PM
What colour is the wire you're unsure of?
What timing figures you running, at idle and 4k?
What carbs and jets you running?
Disconnect the rev limiter, and see if the problem persists

Nobby
17-02-11, 08:31 PM
yes its a earth i used a hh ignition kit on my old xe on bike carbs

skud52
17-02-11, 08:45 PM
The wire is black but im pretty sure it was an earth from the last time I used the setup (2 years ago)

Im abit unsure of the timing because the mark on the bottom pulley doesnt line up ever, its at least 20mm away at 0degrees and it only gets further away if I rotate the advance on the timing gun!?

Will disconect the rev limiter tho and try that aswell,

Cheers boys!

skud52
17-02-11, 08:50 PM
Carbs are r1 and the jets have been drilled out to 1.8.

Nobby
17-02-11, 08:51 PM
this on the crank pulley mate? on the c20xe it never lines up always a little out lol someone will back me up on this ...

skud52
17-02-11, 09:01 PM
Yea the pulley which the alternator belt goes on and lines up with the little needle. Surely it must line up better then 20mm out? How am I meant to take a readin? Like I said if I wind the timing gun advance the the mark dissappears?

Nobby
17-02-11, 09:04 PM
iirc remove the pulley and there is another timing mark on the cog that should line up at 6 oclock

skud52
17-02-11, 09:29 PM
Thats the mark for the cambelt tho? How am I meant to set the timing light to that?

Nobby
17-02-11, 09:34 PM
hmm yes thats a problem, best thing to do if not possible to time correctly move the dizzy to the centre and try it then if not advance it and see what happens it will be trial and error basically not really sure what to say if you cant get a correct reading