PDA

View Full Version : Replacing a clutch F13 box

Edd
16-02-11, 01:52 PM
Having trouble swapping over clutches :(

Box is a F13, and its fitted to the engine and in the car

Last time i swapped clutches over with it all in the car was about 10 years ago

Then i just undid the nut on the gearbox end removed c clip and pulled out input shaft

With a F13 it looks like this tho

http://i499.photobucket.com/albums/rr359/EDDRODGERS/6cb92f9b.jpg

How do you pull the input shaft out ?

gearbox out to replace clutch ?

help please lol thanks in advance Edd

Edd
16-02-11, 04:03 PM
Right totally ignore the above post

Looked on my spare F13 and that has a input shaft to cluster bolt like im used to finding to be able to remove the clutch

sooo, i have some mutant F13 box in there lol

iceni
16-02-11, 04:04 PM
From memory, so i might be wrong. The gear to the top left of the photo looks to have a hole in the centre, if so can you see an internal circlip down there and a internal torx head screw underneath it?

let me know and we'll carry on, piontless if theres nothing down the hole

Andy

Edd
16-02-11, 04:07 PM
there is a hole on with torx bolt on my spare box but not on this one ffs

AlexW
16-02-11, 04:20 PM
Has it actually got the cover plate then?

Southie
16-02-11, 05:05 PM
Noticed on the picture a number Edd, GM 90 522 085 could someone try in on EPC for the casting?

Edd
16-02-11, 05:33 PM
It does have a cover but it wasn't the same as my spare F13, which deffo cane from a nova gsi

Southie, I'll have look, it's pissed me off tho as either way I have to removed the box to fit clutch

....... Think its decided to test me lol

phazer
16-02-11, 05:50 PM
Noticed on the picture a number Edd, GM 90 522 085 could someone try in on EPC for the casting?

Its difficult as EPC shows the supercession for the Nova box as carrying that part. However, given that it's listed for the the Astra G, H and Meriva it's safe to say it's a late box. I guess it doesn't have the inspection plate(edit: just seen it has a plate, guess it's smaller than the old boxes?) - if it does then the innards have been swapped at some point.

There is also the possiblity that it's running a pot type flywheel as it's a later box/innards which means the box has to come off to change the clutch anyway.

Edd
16-02-11, 05:53 PM
It does have the inspection plate which made me think i could just change the clutch as normal

i now thinking ill just take the box off, clean and paint the F13 that i know is from a GSI and fit that

Mutant box lol