PDA

View Full Version : V6 Brakes nova. Master cylinder up for the job? Help..

Grey
14-02-11, 08:43 PM
On my old nova sri i had my CAV v6 brakes on which had the original master cylinder and the brakes were fine... so with my new nova donar, we have gone through the brakes everything new and fresh but the peddle isnt going stiff enough as it should!? :confused:

Did you change your master cylinder for big brake conversion? :confused:

Does anyone else use a nova master cylinder? on big brakes?

Cheers Grey :thumb:

Grey
16-02-11, 01:33 PM
??

Tony M
16-02-11, 02:32 PM
I'm using a Nova GSI master cylinder with my V6 calipers and they are fine. Maybe you have a leak somewhere?

Adam
16-02-11, 02:33 PM
I assume there all bled ok? Calipers correct way round?
Retaining springs on the calipers fitted right?

mrT
16-02-11, 03:46 PM
On my old nova sri i had my CAV v6 brakes on which had the original master cylinder and the brakes were fine... so with my new nova donar, we have gone through the brakes everything new and fresh but the peddle isnt going stiff enough as it should!? :confused:

Did you change your master cylinder for big brake conversion? :confused:

Does anyone else use a nova master cylinder? on big brakes?

Cheers Grey :thumb:

i had the exact same problem with mine,did work but ****e pedal feel, master cylinder isnt up to the job as my mate had a larger master cylinder modified and his was spot on and felt perfect, your better off fiting standard 16v set up with tarox g88 discs and their pads,very good set up :thumb:

iceni
16-02-11, 03:59 PM
yes all bleed up, no leaks, new RWC, New Caliper Seal, Braided Fleixs and all new OE spec brake pipes.

Pedal just hasn't any feel to it and almost goes to the floor still. I'm thinking that the std Astra/cavalier 10.1" discs and calipers would be better it a std master cylinder.

We haven't had the car on the road yet, next week or so, so we'll see what they are like and how they stop the car, my own view is the front is going to be over braked

if anyone has any other ideas let us know.

Cheers
Andy

Hey, grey, hows the neck?????

Grey
16-02-11, 06:39 PM
Hey, grey, hows the neck?????

lol Well not great head is dizzy and top of my back permanently acheing :mad: would like to go back to work! I feel some compo comeing!

Well you have some answers now. im hopeing it will be ok when we get it on the road! as the corsa was crap to begin with....

:thumb:

Jack
16-02-11, 07:57 PM
I run V6 calipers with the OEM nova servo/MC.

I get about halfway-ish pedal travel with only very light braking, then at around halfway the car pretty much does an endo lol

brucer
16-02-11, 08:47 PM
rear brakes adjusted correctly? maybe faulty master cylinder?