PDA

View Full Version : CF bonnet

Jack
14-02-11, 05:54 PM
CCUK is broken at the moment (forum upgrade seems to have gone a bit doolally lol) so posting here instead :p

Need a new bonnet on teh Celica, but as second hand GT4 bonnets are silly money (plus it would then need painting on top) I'm thinking I may as well spend a couple quid more and look at a carbon fibre one.

Opinions of CF on a black car? I'm worried its going to look a little... odd. As you don't usually see them used on black, so might look a bit faded or something.

Anyone got decent pics of CF bonnets on black cars? Google just seems to bring up crappy small pics :(

Edd
14-02-11, 07:45 PM
I actually think that black is the only colour that a CF bonnet is suited too tbh

Southie
14-02-11, 08:17 PM
Have a word with Mike to make one from your existing one, or buy a massive sticker for the Halfraud look lol

Edit: any good, I cannot remember which one you have btw lol

http://www.carbon-fiber-hoods.com/contents/media/l_94TYCEL2DZC-FH.jpg

Iain
14-02-11, 08:50 PM
They had a cf wrap bonnet in Total Vauxhall the other month, looked quite good. Can't imagine it looking bad on a black car, do it.

Jack
14-02-11, 09:34 PM
Southie, thats the Varis bonnet - they took their standard ST202/AT200 shape bonnet and fudged on the bulge with the vent and breathers. And don't like the span in the middle of the vent. Aaaaaand its about £800 or something stupid lol

I'll be getting one from Ray at RTP, I think I might be able to wangle a CCUK discount on it too. Its basically an exact copy of the OEM bonnet, but in CF.

Have a word with Mike to make one from your existing one
Thats an option, but its a lot of effort... plus its quite a complex shape so would probably be pretty ££££

MK999
14-02-11, 09:46 PM
They had a cf wrap bonnet in Total Vauxhall the other month, looked quite good. Can't imagine it looking bad on a black car, do it.

Assuming you're talking about the same feature. That was 3M Di-Noc vinyl, totally different to a CF wrap.

Iain
15-02-11, 02:04 PM
Assuming you're talking about the same feature. That was 3M Di-Noc vinyl, totally different to a CF wrap.

Very sorry sir it won't happen again :(

MK999
15-02-11, 02:05 PM
Very sorry sir it won't happen again :(

lol Just be glad Mike didn't see it first :d