PDA

View Full Version : hellooooo help please

vx mad
14-02-11, 11:30 AM
hi i have just bought a nova redtop but the suspension is far to low at the front and it rubs on the manifold would standard springs hold the weight of the 2.0 engine i just need to raise it up a little well quite alot lol
i have bought this car as a project although all the mechanics is done but just need the cosmetics sorting really it would be ace if you help me cos i have plans for the nova and want to take it to all the shows pvs,trax etc
i would of put a pic up but it says you cannot post attachments

vx mad
15-02-11, 12:40 PM
i gues that nobody knows the answer but thanks anyway i shall go another route lol

Paul
15-02-11, 12:47 PM
Itd be awful.

mowgli
15-02-11, 01:07 PM
1. welcome to png.
2. people have day jobs
3. std springs will also be crap, you need custom made ones to cope with the extra weight
4. hope you come back soon

Lee
15-02-11, 03:53 PM
Courtenay supply springs for the Nova which are rated for the 2.0. be sure to change the shocks at the same time.

MK999
15-02-11, 04:24 PM
Also DJDommyP on here runs accustom springs, which could make some up for you at whatever height you wanted suitable for an XE, cheaper than coilspring too.

peester
15-02-11, 08:32 PM
are you saying the front suspension rubs on the manifold..?
Does it run an Anti-roll bar?

Southie
15-02-11, 08:57 PM
Also DJDommyP on here runs accustom springs, which could make some up for you at whatever height you wanted suitable for an XE, cheaper than coilspring too.
Is that for standard shocks only or does he supply for coilovers as well?

MK999
15-02-11, 09:01 PM
Is that for standard shocks only or does he supply for coilovers as well?

Anything curly with a lb rating I believe lol

Southie
15-02-11, 09:30 PM
Anything curly with a lb rating I believe lol
Pigs tails then lol ... Oh that's the nickname for rear springs and ain't as funny now :(

Cheers old bean I'll get a quote for my shiity Belgium import coilovers then.

vx mad
16-02-11, 10:09 AM
thankyou very much for getting back to me peeps i really apreciate this basically its the manifold rubbing on the floor when you go over a bump although the nova has a plate welded onto the manifold i just basically want to take it back to normal ride height it doesnt have an anti roll bar the suspension is gmax shocks and springs with a chris ashley manifold and magnex system

RossRog
16-02-11, 10:25 AM
thankyou very much for getting back to me peeps i really apreciate this basically its the manifold rubbing on the floor when you go over a bump although the nova has a plate welded onto the manifold i just basically want to take it back to normal ride height it doesnt have an anti roll bar the suspension is gmax shocks and springs with a chris ashley manifold and magnex system

i've got them on my 2.0 nova mate, not had a problem

the springs not cut or anything daft are they?

vx mad
17-02-11, 09:11 AM
no mate if i could post a pic i could show you if thats ok with the moderators it will be one pic of the underside of the car please

Lee
17-02-11, 05:35 PM
no mate if i could post a pic i could show you if thats ok with the moderators it will be one pic of the underside of the car please

Post the link without the www, i'm sure someone will link it for you.

vx mad
03-03-11, 09:18 AM
right then first of all wanted to say sorry for not been on for a while busy with work but i have tracked down the problem its the exhaust so i need a full system manifold the lot been searching through the net and for the life of me i cant find one can any of you guys recomend anywhere hopefully in the yorkshire area or do you know of anyone who has one for sale please

RossRog
03-03-11, 09:47 AM
right then first of all wanted to say sorry for not been on for a while busy with work but i have tracked down the problem its the exhaust so i need a full system manifold the lot been searching through the net and for the life of me i cant find one can any of you guys recomend anywhere hopefully in the yorkshire area or do you know of anyone who has one for sale please

think mazz had one for sale not long ago, i'l have a look

Edit: http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=151521&page=2

vx mad
03-03-11, 10:08 AM
cheers ross your a star :thumb:

RossRog
03-03-11, 10:24 AM
cheers ross your a star :thumb:

good deed for the day lol