PDA

View Full Version : c20xe coolant drain and refill

fastcar1cars
13-02-11, 03:38 PM
hi all need to drain the coolant from my c20xe nova and refill! where's the best place to drain from? also is there any bleed points when i refill it? any other hint and tips would be great!
cheers

Benn
13-02-11, 03:52 PM
Take the bottom rad pipe off.
Take a heater matrix hose off and flush thru with hose.
Only bleed point is the header tank, I fill it up with a 60/40 mix of (blue)AF and water to the line on the header, then let warm up letting the air out as i go. When hot the stat will open and fill the rad, you'll be able to let more air out once it has and top up as needed.

fastcar1cars
13-02-11, 04:14 PM
yeah was thinking of a flush while its drained!

nova_saloon
13-02-11, 04:51 PM
yeh is always a good idea, i take the thermostat out just to make sure it gets a good flush with the hose, but i take off the pipe that goes to the heater matrix from the side of the head and jam a hose down it and leave it running for a min then take it out and jam it in the head and leave it running, usually does the trick quite nicely! but that bottom hose is the best to take off, but its a self bleed system so run it around the block and alot of the time you can then find the header tank empty form where the stat opens! so keep a good eye on it for a hundred miles and then clean sailing from theree!

auzzy-b
13-02-11, 07:03 PM
when i did mine i emptied it using the bottom rad hose, re connect it, top up (use rad flush + water) plonk a wet cloth in the header tank instead of the cap, leave it running for half hour, empty (carefull water will be hot) then refill with warm water + anti freeze, wait for fan to come on (rad will fill up) then top back up to the correct amount. Keep your eye on it for a couple of days and jobs a good en:)