PDA

View Full Version : Bucket seat fixing points

mk1nova_rich
13-02-11, 03:04 PM
I've ordered the seat rail kits for mounting bucket seats so hopefully they will arrive sometime this week...

I'd like to get them welded in the shell but I don't have any decent buckets yet. Is there a set distance between the fixing holes on bucket seats (width and lengthways)?? I'd imagine that on side mount seats the distance will vary on the width of the seat...

Mike
13-02-11, 03:09 PM
Most of them are the same dimensions although some lower budget seats & other seats like Bride & Recaro fixed back seats have different positions to the norm, unfortunatly you cant weld them into the car until you can take measurements from your seats. (well you can, but I wouldnt chance it with no precise measurements personally)

mk1nova_rich
13-02-11, 03:10 PM
I'll have to wait another 3 months til I can afford the seats then lol got some Motordrive GRP seats here but they are too small for me :(

Iain
13-02-11, 03:13 PM
Yeah I'd wait till you've got the seats you want, imagine what sidemounts you use also affects the mounting points (both width and length)

Mike
13-02-11, 03:37 PM
That they do Iain, although if needs be you can just redrill the mounting holes in the sidemounts (holes where they mount to rails on the chassis)

Ive drilled my MotoDrive rails so I can actually adjust foward/backward position of the seat, along with the tilt & height you can adjust as standard.