PDA

View Full Version : 2.0l redtop need help with brakes setup please

ND8BALL
12-02-11, 06:54 PM
i bought nova gte wid redtop engine but the calipers were of it when bought it put the calipers on but the vented and grooved discs are rubbin of the caliper any one know if i give them a part number wat they are lookin at or any diagrams for me to see thanks neil

davidfox280585
12-02-11, 06:55 PM
i bought nova gte wid redtop engine but the calipers were of it when bought it put the calipers on but the vented and grooved discs are rubbin of the caliper any one know if i give them a part number wat they are lookin at or any diagrams for me to see thanks neil
:mf: lol

davidfox280585
12-02-11, 06:58 PM
if there not the 256mm ate setup at least get some from a calibra or cav or the likes there a direct fit,
the other thing is to consider is if your running machined down cav hubs for the shafts for the xe conversion then consider if the hub is machined right as it will put the offset of the disc out,i had he same problem when building mine they were touching,luckily i had a very good machinist friend sort mine

blue_peg_16v
12-02-11, 07:21 PM
:mf: lol

have some rep

edit dam i must spread my seed lol

ND8BALL
12-02-11, 11:14 PM
what this english mother ****er do you speak it all about, takin the piss out of the post sorry didnt explain very well but im new to vauxhall as iv give up on ford just a bit stuck with wat iv bought its turning out to be a bit more of a project than i thought

davidfox280585
12-02-11, 11:30 PM
what this english mother ****er do you speak it all about, takin the piss out of the post sorry didnt explain very well but im new to vauxhall as iv give up on ford just a bit stuck with wat iv bought its turning out to be a bit more of a project than i thought
http://www.forumsextreme.com/images/sSc_hidingsofa.gifjeez we were only joking!!!!!!!!!!!!
though i did put a realistic post if you read that?

Nobby
12-02-11, 11:31 PM

well if you want a decent answer ask a question so we can understand it!

However as said above most XE's usually get fitted with 256mm discs with ate calipers off a astra,cav,calibra etc etc i reckon hes given you the discs and not the calipers id say they are the standard gte calipers that should have smaller discs i would go to a scrappy and find a cav calibra astra 2.0 etc and get the calipers off that ir advertisefor some on here

ND8BALL
12-02-11, 11:54 PM
if i post a pic tomoz can you tell me what im running please