PDA

View Full Version : Gsi engine

jatinder
12-06-03, 06:17 PM
Rite i need to know with the gsi has the wires for the rev counter and in a multi plug as standard as i have one large plug with two big prongs and four little one along side it

__ __
- - - -

like that

on this pug its the only one left and i dont know what its for, it got a green wire going into the multiplug is that for the rev counter??????? help please

Ben (lurk75)
12-06-03, 06:32 PM
yes green = rev counter/tacho

jatinder
12-06-03, 07:12 PM
cheers ben, what would all the other wires be for????

Aragorn
12-06-03, 07:18 PM
youve got a phat few ones for main power and ground

then the 4 are:

coolant temp sender - blue
revs - green
fuel pump feed - blue/red
engine management light - brown/white

jatinder
12-06-03, 07:49 PM
so those will have to be cut and i need to run new wires to the dash then :o

Ben (lurk75)
12-06-03, 08:45 PM
basically yes. just tap into your wires already going there.

jatinder
12-06-03, 09:11 PM
will they all be the same colours? thats about it then it should run fingers crossed il let everyone know :D

mikeoxford
12-06-03, 10:30 PM
will they all be the same colours? thats about it then it should run fingers crossed il let everyone know :D

same colours yip

jatinder
13-06-03, 02:41 PM
cheers guys would the the positive and negetive be needed?

Ste_Nova
13-06-03, 02:58 PM
i had to do this lastnight for that 2.0 16v engine.... it's logical how to do it.... you need to rip out most of the sri loom... but keep a few of the wires that go through the grommet

jatinder
13-06-03, 03:09 PM
thanx ste ive figured out which ones i need now so it should be straight forward

Dicko
13-06-03, 06:08 PM
some you need to run direct to the dash as on sri they go via the ecu and as that will be unplugged....

jatinder
14-06-03, 10:26 AM
yeah iwas looking at the other day, but what if i leave the ecu pluged in it would it work then? just finished changing the tensioner, timiing belt the cam shaft oil seal, crankshaft oil seal, plugs, oil filter, rocker cover gasket, water pump, and sump gasket, nothing else that really need changing on these engines is there, also the tensoiner on these engines is automatic is it not?

Ste_Nova
14-06-03, 01:18 PM
some you need to run direct to the dash as on sri they go via the ecu and as that will be unplugged....

i removed the ecu plugs... and joined a brown/blue and a green that went into the bay... and used these for the 20xe... which saved running any extra wires