PDA

View Full Version : Finding your key number for nova PLEASE HELP ASAP

sionr
11-02-11, 12:22 PM
Scrapped old nova yesterday that I left my keys in and cannot lock my other nova it's a mk1 merit 1989 does any1 have any idea where I could find the key number as my local vauxhall dealer wants £25 to get info for key locks and said maybe the won't find it. HELPPP ???

nova_saloon
11-02-11, 01:25 PM
first of all... smooth! but you can just replace all the lock for that much, just go to a breakers yard or find a person selling on here or ebay. but for only 25 quid thats not all that bad whether they find the number or not. just type in vauxhall nova key in on ebay and there are barrels and lock, for the mean time just break in to it. (it really isnt hard) then fit remote central locking so you dont need to use the keys to get in. including a boot popper

brownbear
11-02-11, 01:31 PM
Asa_James is breaking his Mk1, He'll have a lockset. Drop him a pm.

sionr
11-02-11, 04:35 PM
It's already open seems it's kept in garage and also has a push start button the problem I face is the petrol cap :( don't wanna have to prise it off or anything I was given a price by a locksmith around an hour ago £40 if I take him the door lock and he will make too keys up for it think that's my best option ;) but thanks very much for the advice guys :D

bmw156
11-02-11, 04:44 PM
go to the scrappy where you put the shell and fish them out if you can...

nova_saloon
11-02-11, 06:13 PM
It's already open seems it's kept in garage and also has a push start button the problem I face is the petrol cap :( don't wanna have to prise it off or anything I was given a price by a locksmith around an hour ago £40 if I take him the door lock and he will make too keys up for it think that's my best option ;) but thanks very much for the advice guys :D

thats not bad i suppose

mowgli
11-02-11, 06:16 PM
you have pm.

L14MNP
11-02-11, 06:36 PM
You could buy the lockset and/or other cars key back from the one you weighed in. lol

Novasport
11-02-11, 07:53 PM
They used to have the number on the boot lock barrell on the inside of the tailgate. Should be something like S123

Southie
11-02-11, 08:43 PM
Sent you a egay link via pm, happy shopping.